FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Skyfall, a huge disappointment

Disclaimer: spoilers!

Yesterday, I went to see Skyfall at the movie theater and what a huge disappointment. The movie boasts a 8.3 rate on imdb.com so I expected it to blow me away. Instead, it was pretty boring.

When I go to see a James Bond movie, I usually expect two things, mainly: a lot of action and a lot of gadgets. From what I can recall, there was a bit of action (and no, a boring chase in the London underground hardly qualifies as 'action' to me), but almost no gadgets. Huge disappointment.

There were many plot holes and absurd things. How does a 3-man team make their way into a heavily guarded government building? How did James Bond survive the fall from the train: he took a sniper bullet, fell like 100 meters into a river, and there was no one to rescue him? Why would someone use a lamp at night when they're trying to escape from the enemy? I could go on for a while.

James Bond movies usually have their share of plot holes and absurd things, but there's enough action and cool gadgets to leave me satisfied when I leave the movie theater. This time, it just felt like a waste of time. I just don't get how it can be graded so high.

• Like 1

Got to admit it wasn't worth an 8.3. Thought it was alright but the same things bugged me as you. The torch being the worst! Think Daniel Craig is a great Bond though, but I'd probably give it a 6!

On a side note, I went to see Loopers this morning and that was pretty good Posted Image

Excited to see it too. I'm a huge Joseph Gordon Levitt fan (Brick, 500 Days of Summer), though he was in that Inception movie.

Sad to hear that about Skyfall, I loved Quantum of Solace.

Hate all you Euros who got to see it already. I'm close to taking a half day at work on Friday because I have a man crush on Daniel Craig as Bond. Of course, not sure my opinion warrants any merit as my 2nd fav was Pierce Brosnan. I'm stoked, but sad to hear Bond fans are disappointed =(