FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MichaelTheys

Incanter's ward question + my mage DPS's (fire)

dear,

I'm wondering in what kind of fights you should take Incanter's ward talent over the invocation one or runes of power? Due this needs abilities to break your shield like AoE dmg and so on but doesn't this have an influence when your raid for example use dmg reduction abilities and so on so you barely take any dmg? If i use the talent that shields me for 100k dmg does the ward goes first or the shield of 100k? I'm trying to get my mage's dps up in fire it was 98204.5 as a fire mage on Stone guards HC 10man.

Logs of the kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3y0ov337j1aub4wj/details/3/?s=1879&e=2280

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Dthehunter/advanced

Talents i use are:

1) PoM/Scorch

2) Temporal shield/ somethimes ice barrier

3) rune of frost

4) cauterize

5) Living bomb

6) Invocation

rotation:

Use evocation to get buff

put LB up

use fireball if i don't got PoM, otherwise PoM then alter time then instant pyroblast then back instant pyroblast.

use inferno blast when Hot streak comes up

use pyroblast with the proc.

when evocation is abotu to run out (3-4.5sec) re use it to keep buff.

Got one more question and it's about the fact how to use my Alter time mayby better instead of dubble PoM'ed Pyroblast? Due i somethimes don't use it due i'm confused when to (i know this can lead to a dps loss). But still i'm not sure. I use it most of the times when we use TW to get the 6 extra sec from it and my potion aswell.

Hope you guys can give me a hand

Greetz

I'm just grazing the surface of your question but for The Stone Guards 10H, the top 5 mages are fire and all using Invocation according to World of Logs. My first thought is I would try to extend your Invocation buff and only refresh it as soon as it expires instead of 3-4 seconds before. As far as PoM usage, I saw a post talking about using it with a Pyro proc. Example: Pyroblast! procs you - PoM > Trinket/Potion/racial > Alter Time>Pyroblast! > Pyroblast (from PoM) > Alter Time > Pyroblast! > Pyroblast (from PoM). I have yet to try this but will give it a go tonight. If it works well then I'm guessing Glyph of Combustion becomes very attractive.

Hope something in that helps,

well a little bit and i'm atm using glyph of combustion mayby chancing it back for fights like stone guard hc? or for fight that take longer then 5min? it's yust strange due the fact most the ppl i looked at WoL have pyroblast as their highest DMG ability while i never (or rarely) have that.

After further review of your logs and some other mages, logs below, you have 2 things that stand out to me.

The #1 issue I would look at is your uptime on Invokers Energy is 39.9% on 4 casts on a 6:41 minute fight. Mage "B" had 7 casts with 69.6% uptime on a 6:48 minute fight. Mage "C" had 6 casts with 83.6% uptime on a 5:25 minute fight.

The #2 issue is just your amount of casts vs the other mages, this could be due to haste ratings or just the need to have better uptime casting. I was mainly looking at # of fireball casts: You 41 hits & 29 crits = 70 casts, Mage "B" 54 hits & 38 crits = 92 casts, Mage "C" 31 hits & 32 crits = 63 casts. Also Living Bomb: You - 71 ticks, Mage "B" - 101 ticks, Mage "C" - 76 ticks. Note that the fight time for Mage "C" is considerably less.

Obviously the crit levels of the top mage is what is pushing him way past what you are currently able to do. I would just check to see if there is anything you can do to improve uptime on Invocation and to get more casts off. Hope that helps Posted Image

Mage "B" - A comparative time fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o3a1pflnips6c1fh/details/1/?s=1417&e=1826

Mage "C" - Top fire mage: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5v9upkj2x81ezc2c/details/7/?s=1971&e=2297

well i had to interrupt my cast 3times due mines so that's one of the reasons why my uptime on evoc buff is mayby lower also i'm on painting duty at the start and start of the 2nd time. But i use the addon needtoknow and noticed today that i can keep my uptime up a lot longer. Anyway it did helped atm very much. Due i'm still busy trying to sort out the other failures :)

• Like 1