FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Neeli

Back to unholy boys :D

I don't know, I got a pretty big buff as frost too though with the haste changes. I haven't gotten a gear upgrade for my dps set in at least 2 weeks, and I was doing 26k+ out of nowhere last night.

• Like 2

Wow, that's some beast mode necrotic plague right there. All of your guild's numbers are extremely high, the healers must have been rockstars on the blue mushrooms.

• Like 2

I need to get better at unholy. My problem is, where I'm at right now, when I switch to unholy my dps doesn't get any better, and sometimes it's slightly worse, but I know there's more potential for me to do higher dps with unholy as I get better at it. Necrotic plague vs. defile seems to be equal for most dk's, but then I see a few DK's here and there doing ridiculous numbers with necrotic plague.

Looking over heroic logs on butcher last night and the h kill I had on him 3 days prior, my dps increase from 24.2k with ss bring third highest to 27.6k with SS bring my highest attack. I felt the bb nerf on twins though. Went from 27.8k down to 26.5, I did end up dying in mid fight though so losing buffs after death might had been a factor

Edited by Deathdoc

With the changes to haste for all classes (11% more effective) its looking better for Necrotic Plague.  It sims better than before and in practice might be better than defile if the boss moves out or if it cannot be cast on CD

So now the question is if we choose NP over defile is it worth a Unholy rune on a D&D on single target rotation over a SS

Edited by Deathdoc

I'm going through the top ranked DK's for heroic butcher (because it's purely single target and fairly patchwerk) and I'm seeing almost exclusively defile. I've been through 20 DK's logs so far and haven't found a single one using necrotic plague yet at the top of the ranks. Once I find one I'll do some math though.

I can tell you the average Defile looks like it hits 10 times per cast, and average tick is ~6k. so 1 defile is ~60k damage

At least based on latest sim results coming out, NP+UB seems to be a viable talent choice even for sustained AoE / Cleave with 2+ targets (as opposed to previously burst AoE for Ko'ragh adds like situations). For ST, defile should still be the best talent choice.

Source for sims: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bmw_9ZvCBNcD79APeHiZ3Nj-M1z1N2v28fqRlKmigO8/preview?sle=true#heading=h.svdlonwm4myk

Edited by drumsmani

I've gone through Reddit, Simcraft and Skullflowers Blog and can confidently say, that 2H Frost is still pretty much in a good spot. We've got very decent buffs aswell, as Storm mentioned. 

In fact, they "only" crippled UH's AoE and adjusted their ST with ours (Frost), while still being slightly behind us.

2H Frost leads (with a margin) in damage, until 2 targets. With the 3rd target, UH starts leading. 

Anything above 3 targets and UH will lead instead, by whatever number that may be. DW Stays ahead on heavy add cleaving though.

They made both (DW only being competitive on, for example, Tectus) specs very competitive and it will remain the same:

you'll do more damage in whichever spec you feel more confident and are experienced with.

I guess we have to wait for BrF and T17-sets, until we can call one spec the best.

Edited by ChaiNspliT

I'm going through the top ranked DK's for heroic butcher (because it's purely single target and fairly patchwerk) and I'm seeing almost exclusively defile. I've been through 20 DK's logs so far and haven't found a single one using necrotic plague yet at the top of the ranks. Once I find one I'll do some math though.

I can tell you the average Defile looks like it hits 10 times per cast, and average tick is ~6k. so 1 defile is ~60k damage

I figured how you can use warcraftlogs and filter the list by ability, you just need to know the ID:# of the spell. After the filter They're maybe 3 of the top 200 that where running NP. All 3 ilvl were above 675+, after doing it with ilvl 655-670 ilvl, you had to go to the top 500s. But basically on the top performers with NP, the only time they dropped a D&D was during Knock back Phase, I'm guess as they're midair or just running forward from landing. Defile is just to good at current raid Content.