FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shadocaster

Fix my DPS - Affliction HoF

I have a couple of nuances i need working out on a couple of fights.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qngqo6gql23jcxpi/

Amber shaper on this log

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4nyem01pra41o4to/

Vizier on that one.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Shadocaster/advanced

My armory.

I don't know if it is a knowledge of the fight thing, I have put in maybe a total of 10 attempts between these two bosses, and my new raid group killed these the week before. I want to be able to be on par with them and not hold them back.

Tips?

Amber Shaper- Have in mind the only way to you top meters here it's being transformed on a Lord Rhyloth minion. Pressing 1 will boost your dps by alot.

Multi-dot everthing don't let fade agony from any targets. Best way for not loosing so dps, SB:SS ambers, don't do it manually. Pop Doomguard before your guild pops heroism/bloodlust. Use MF whenever you can sneak one SB:SOC.

Zor'lok- It's a fight that will require skill if you wanna top meters, one of the most annoying fights such requires alot of movement, KJ it's king here, mostly from dodging rings, use Felfame to help on movement, if you have to. You can use AV aswell on force and verve. But personally I prefer KJ. On MC phase don't dot your partners. Don't use your Doomguard at the begin it's a HUGE dps loss, since you'll change platforms and he will run with you, without doing nothing. Use him on last phase before heroism/bloodlust being popped.

• Like 1

Zor'lok- It's a fight that will require skill if you wanna top meters, one of the most annoying fights such requires alot of movement, KJ it's king here, mostly from dodging rings, use Felfame to help on movement, if you have to. You can use AV aswell on force and verve. But personally I prefer KJ. On MC phase don't dot your partners. Don't use your Doomguard at the begin it's a HUGE dps loss, since you'll change platforms and he will run with you, without doing nothing. Use him on last phase before heroism/bloodlust being popped.

Another tip would be to pop burning rush before changing platforms to make sure you're getting there faster.

It's also good to have in mind, that you need a much higher dot uptime, since your dots uptime is arround 40%, thus I am pretty sure you're losing agony most of the times, refreshing dots before a platform change is vital.

Kill'Jaeden Cunning is defenetly the best last tier tallent to use.

Most of the Warlocks are having issues with this fight because it's a fight that it's hard to master as an affliction, because of the Dot Uptime, and 'hardcore' movement.

Going away from the topics and analyzing your gear, you have a smaller hit%. On these forums I had the pleasant ideea delivered to me, that getting hit capped is good in the end, because the DMG difference is lesser then 500, between hit and non-hit.

Try to use AskMrRobot.com to help you optimise your gear and select over there in the template (PvE:Hit Cap), that is what I'm doing and it helps me great. It avoids the Ideea of me wasting a global cd.

It's true non-hit cap provides a bigger burst, but the stable dmg is going to be the same, especially since you can focus on other things then making a perfect rotation.

Good Luck and I hope this helps you greatly improving your gameplay.

PS: Check Zagram World of Logs guide, it's really good and detailed for every man that never used it before (heck I even learned a few new things by reading it). Link to the guide : http://www.icy-veins...ide/#entry11057

Edited by Zauxst

Yeah you right ;).

KJ it's kings here like I said on previous post. But are nice tips to refresh it before boss flys to another platforms, this can sounds like a noob question, but boss flys way when he reachs a certain % hp right? 80%?