FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lilslashy

High End Raiding Spec Switching Combat/Sub

So far this xpac I have been raiding combat, but as I have joined a new hardcore guild it looks like I will need to rotate between Sub and Combat depending on boss to maximize my DPS.

Most of my gear is heroic haste gear from Highmaul. The new gear in BRF is more specialized for Sub. My question is how top rogues change gear per spec. Do you have two sets of gear with multistrike enchants on one and haste enchants on other? If I am going to switch back and forth with one gearset, should I enchant multistrike on everything since it is at least the second best stat for Sub while haste is the worst stat for Sub?

Also, do top raiders change specs even for trash? Ex, trash mobs need AOE so you take the time to switch to combat for trash, then back to Sub if it's a single target boss fight?

Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

Yes, As you get more gear, you'll set up 2 different sets with one for each set. For progression though, I doubt you'll be seeing enough gear to allow yourself to do that

If you're going to min/max, Multistrike is probably best. Double check your weapon enchants on Shadowcraft though, since you won't have the same ones for Combat and Sub

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Daevilmonkie
      Welcome Adventurers! The time has come upon us, FINALLY! The moment in Classic WoW history us diehard, loyal WoW nerds have all been waiting for. WRATH CLASSIC! Arthas Did Nothing Wrong (ADNW) has just begun recruiting (For WotLK Classic) hard-core, casual, rp, pvp, pve, raiders, anything you can think of, you are welcomed here. Although our main focus in ADNW will be progressive raiding, 10 and 25 man and pvp content, we look to have someone for just about anything. Currently we are recruiting for our CORE 10M team composed entirely of irl / internet homies. We are in need of just 1 HEALER (Highly prefer a disc priest with a shadow off spec) and another DPS. Preferably lock or Shadow priest. We are looking to fill our B 10m team entirely, so we can pool together for 25 man’s when it comes time to crush 25m. This guild was founded by a group of tight nit friends recently, who have been around since TBC. WOTLK was our turning point in WoW, and we CANNOT wait to get another crack at this and MAKE IT RIGHT. Come join the adventure of a chill environment full of helpful hands and knowledge. Feel free to reach out to me Via Discord: Daevilmonkiexp#9239 OR Bnet: Daevilmonkie#1280 just let me know you are interested in the guild and we can have a convo! ARTHAS DID NOTHING WRONG!
    • By Friedbones
      I recently started working toward my cape on my Balance Druid.  Last night while doing my vision beginning quest line to get my cloak, my partner noticed small frogs leaping into battle during our fights.  I searched my gear and looked at my setup, skills, essences, etc., to see if I could find anything saying "small frogs leap into battle" or something similar, but was unable to find anything to explain this oddity.
      Does anyone have any idea where these frogs are coming from?  Is it a hidden part of my skills or based upon race being used?  Any help to explain this oddity would be appreciated.
      Thanks in advance. 
    • By Dingle
      <We Four Phase Rag> [A] | NA-PVP | Hardcore | Loot Council | Mon/Tues/Thurs | 8:00pm-12:00am EST

We are looking for committed members to join up for Classic WoW. Solid core group of players who have been playing on multiple pservers over a couple years. Leadership has full experience of all Vanilla WoW content and incredible knowledge of the game. We aim to push raiding content at a high level and PVP as well. We are looking for ambitious players who want to strive to be the best and have a great time, regardless of their individual experience with Vanilla.
      Raid info and expectations:
         - Raid times Tuesdays and Thursdays 8pm - 12am EST (with Monday being an addition for progression)
         - Loot is distributed via loot council, formula involved is trusted amongst core
         - Consumables and buffs are required
         - Engineering is preferred
         - Raid signups via Discord are required
         - Competitive raid specs are expected, but extreme min/maxing not required
          - We are currently recruiting the following:
      High: Rogue, Hunter, Mage, Resto Druid
      Medium: DPS Warrior, Warlock, Priest
      Low: Warrior Offtank, Paladin
      Closed: Feral Druid
      If you have any questions please feel free to DM: Dingle#0826 or Terac (RainBro)#1664
      Application:
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeeWhs4iDwWW3ER1A5RP39ePI984qGxEjN9MOIgKgo5ugGfiA/viewform?usp=sf_link
      Discord:
      https://discord.gg/6r4EAPg
    • By FoxShine
      To apply: https://goo.gl/forms/YbKQRIcEyXt0XAaC2
      Hello!! This is Starby from Velocity on Sargeras[A]. We're an established guild, that does mythic raiding in the morning/daytime. We're looking to enhance our roster with skilled and reliable players. If you're a mythic raider looking for a fresh start with BFA, and are interested in morning/daytime raiding -- check out Velocity!
      The goal of Velocity is to take down mythic bosses and have fun in the process. We’re searching for like-minded players who are interested in playing at a high level in a laid-back environment. If you can joke around, then focus up when you need to; this is the guild for you. 
      Our main roster is composed of veteran players. Some of us have been playing together for a little over a year. We have a solid core for our dream team – we’re simply looking for a few more to round us out! 
        [A] <Velocity> 6/9M 9/9H (7/8M)

Raid Times: 10am-1pm CST | Tues/Wed/Thurs 
        Recruitment Needs
      Ranged  –  Shadow Priest, Warlock, Mage
      Melee – *filtered* Rogue
      Healer – Disc Priest, Resto Sham

**** Offspecs are a huge plus!!

Requirements
      Some Mythic raiding experienced. Being relatively active outside of raid is preferred. Able to focus while joking around, and vica versa.

Attendance
      We're dedicated and ambitious players, so commitment to our raid times is necessary. We’re interested in consistent players who are realistic about their day-to-day schedule. Raiders have to communicate in the event of tardiness or absences. Schedules change, things come up and real life always comes first. All we ask for is a heads up!

Trial Period
      Demonstrate teamwork, attendance and play over  6 consecutive "raid days" (two weeks), after an agreed upon start date. 

What you can Expect from us:
      Dedicated leadership, communication, well defined goals, and a sense of community. Apart from raiding we also run M+ with each other every week.  

What we expect from you:
      Players who can survive and react to mechanics, while putting up big numbers. Many players struggle to do one, we are looking for both. Apart from this, just be a friendly. It might also be a good idea to bring a sense of humor. 
      If we sound like a good fit, let us know! Go ahead and apply online, leave a reply here and/or send us a tell on BNET/Discord. You could also go old school and send in-game mail to Starby-Sargeras or Foxshine-Sargeras! 
      To apply: https://goo.gl/forms/YbKQRIcEyXt0XAaC2
      Thanks for checking us out and we hope to see you in gchat soon. ?

BNET
      Fox#1713 (GM)
      Peach#1423 
      Ezmaya#1410 
      Mindclash#1800

Discord
      Fox#7009
      Starby#8682
    • By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      10/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192