Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aloemare

Elemental rotation help!

3 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have a questions regarding optimizing my Ele rotation:

Should I /stopcasting say, a Lightning Bolt, to cast a Lava Burst that just came off CD? Sometimes I would get a Lava Surge proc before I finish casting said Lightning Bolt, making me feel like a wasted an opportunity to get an additional Lava Burst in.

Thanks in advance!

I'm curious to see the suggestion on this. Before, when LB could be cast when moving, it was annoying to try to cancel it for a LvB, but these days its fairly easy.

I generally do it only for LvB procs, (because you can usually see when a LvB is coming off CD and plan accordingly) but I tend to do it depending on where I was in the casting of the LB. If I just started, I don't mind cancelling to cast the LvB proc instead, esp if there's a chance it'll proc again shortly after. Something in my head says 'instant crit worth more than LB cast'.  But if I'm nearly to the end of the LB, I just let it finish and then hit the LvB proc.

I want to say its min/maxing, but I leave it up to the number crunches to advise. 

Everything I've read comes down to...

We are casting and should be casting at all times.  If you stop a cast for lavaburst, what exactly did you accomplish during that cast time?   Finish the cast and then press lavaburst should be more dps then canceling. I'm sure you could min/max it say if you are .2s into cast and you get an instant lavaburst proc...maybe....but a full cast time lavaburst, definitely would not cancel my current cast.