Krazyito

Healing Addon: Vuhdo

32 posts in this topic

So like most healers we all have specific preferences with addon. I personally love vuhdo and it has been my choice healing addon since I first found out I could even use addon in the game.

I could maybe put a guide on how to use some features but it would be way too huge. Plus there are plenty of other places with in depth guides on its many features What I am here to do is help anyone who is interested with this addon but is not familiar with its workings on how to fix or do specific things with Vuhdo.

I am pretty sure it can do everything just as well as other healing frames, and maybe better. The reason I am making this post is because a couple guildies who use it have been asking for specific tweaks for it a lot of times and I can usually figure it out by messing with the settings. I am by no means a professional at this addon, and I'm sure it can do more then I know or am doing now, but I have walked around this for a while and am pretty well versed and want to help people so they can enjoy it as well.

It is a very intimidating addon for a new or even veteran person to the game. Tons and tons of options, where most of the time you don't know what to do and end up scrapping for a different addon. Please post specific things you want to do with it and I will gladly try to help you figure it out. Lastly as people in game ask me I will try to throw it into his thread as a sort of psudeo guide for miscellaneous things I figure out.

Edited by Krazyito
1 person likes this

I've also been using Vuh'do for a long time, and I will try to help out with questions. I personally really like Vuh'do and think it's pretty much the best healing addon out there. =]

I moved this topic to a place where it seemed better suited. "General" is a good place for this, whereas "Off-topic" is mostly used for non-WoW related subjects.

1 person likes this

I moved this topic to a place where it seemed better suited. "General" is a good place for this, whereas "Off-topic" is mostly used for non-WoW related subjects.

Thanks, there wasn't and "addon" section.

Oh this is nice.

I tried it once, but I got overwhelmed with how many options it have and some I could not understand, so I ended up using clique instead which is very simple.

Do yuu think you can start let's side like a guide of features and what they do? I will install it again and try adding whatever I do with Clique to it.

One question I will have is, do I have to use Vuhdo frames exclusively or can it be user to click on other external frames for example, I use ElvenUI, and I'm used to their frames and clique works over them. Of course is no big deal to disable those party frames to use the Vudhu ones if they are exclusive.

Oh this is nice.

I tried it once, but I got overwhelmed with how many options it have and some I could not understand, so I ended up using clique instead which is very simple.

Do yuu think you can start let's side like a guide of features and what they do? I will install it again and try adding whatever I do with Clique to it.

As I said before there are MANY options within vuhdo and making a general guide on icy-veins would be too long and I would probably miss MANY things. I posted here to help people with specific problems that will help suit their preference since most people do not like messing with that many options. I feel that Vuhdo is such an amazing addon, I will try to help in anyway for people who are intimidated by it to try it out and see all its powerful features. Here and here offer very nice comprehensive guide on pretty much everything in the addon. If you want more specific details, please ask here.

One question I will have is, do I have to use Vuhdo frames exclusively or can it be user to click on other external frames for example, I use ElvenUI, and I'm used to their frames and clique works over them. Of course is no big deal to disable those party frames to use the Vudhu ones if they are exclusive.

Thanks Posted Image.

This I can help you with. The answer is yes, you CAN use clique binds with Vuhdo. Vuhdo can be used as a stand-alone unit frame and can basically do the same exact things that your ElvUI frames do (More on the differences and why its better later)

First off, Vuhdo has support for the Clique addon. Shown here:

Posted Image

I personally have never used it, but I know the option is there. You can turn it on and try the frames out and see if all your binds are the same. If it works out just like your normal unit frames, Great! All you would have to do after is personalize the way they look.

If that Clique feature ends up not working, or not doing what you want it to do, another option is to set all the "Vuhdo bound spells" to empty so they don't cast anything when you click the frames. All you need to do is erase everything under Mouse Keys and Mouse Wheel (Make sure to check each modifier key!). You can even set left click as 'target' (no quotes) so that when you left click the person it targets them.

Posted Image

This will essentially make them become unit-frames that wont do anything other then show you health bars and some debuffs.

Again, after doing this all you have to do is personalize the look of the frames to your taste.

This is an old picture of my frames (during Dragon Soul). They are based off Affinitii from Blood Legion and they have basically stayed the same since then, just a few minor tweaks with debuffs and such. There is a way to get rid of that debuff on every person, I just choose to keep it like that.

Posted Image

Let me know if you have any more concerns!

Now as I said before, Why switch from regular ElvUI frames to Vuhdo if its going to do the same thing? Because Vuhdo is more powerful and can show much more information in a single frame then most other addons. Of course having all these options might be taxing on your system but if you can handle it it is worth it.

Edited by krazyito65
2 people like this

Here is a small feature some people do not know about. Having Vuhdo show when a person is affected by a Tank CD. Be it personal or from another player.

(Excuse the 5.1 green square bug in the picture, this should get fixed with some updates)

Going into this part of the options you first choose the layout of the icons on the bar (denoted by a '1'). Then you go and choose where you want these Tank Cooldowns shown on the bars (Denoted by '2') I chose slot 5, which is the middle bottom of my bar.

Posted Image

Then you can leave it like that, and you can see some cooldowns that are placed on people in your raid. Although, not all CD's are in the list. To add some you need to click the "edit" button

You are then presented with this window. To add a new CD, you first click "+ Add" (denoted by 1), Enter then full name of the CD (2) Change the default Icon to Non / Default (3) Make sure everything is checked marked like below and then set the priority (4).

Posted Image

Priority means that if there are two CD's on the person at once, which ever is higher on the priority list, it will show first. Mine is in kind of random order, so just choose what you want or leave it as is. Once you are done click the 'back' button or 'Okay' to save.

Here is an example of what it will look like. It has an icon of the buff and a timer. I'm also sure the timer size can be changed if you so wish with in the HoT Icons options when you hit 'back'

Posted Image

Edited by krazyito65
2 people like this

Very nice posts indeed!

One thing I never figured out - how do you get it to show you when to cast things like Chain Heal (I think it's called the AoE helper or something?) I tried enabling it and nothing happened :)

Oh cool. I will try to mess with this settings on a bg wich seems to me to be a good place to test instead of a dungeon group. I'll keep on reading but nice explanation :).

Thx alot krazyito65.

Just make sure you're not in combat when you change the settings - Vuh'do locks the options in combat =)

Just make sure you're not in combat when you change the settings - Vuh'do locks the options in combat =)

That's the one thing about vuhdo that I hate. It breaks and screws up when stuff changes during combat (especially when someone drops group or gets added)

Very nice posts indeed!

One thing I never figured out - how do you get it to show you when to cast things like Chain Heal (I think it's called the AoE helper or something?) I tried enabling it and nothing happened Posted Image

Well to get it to show you go back to HoT icons and set a slot to AoE Advice

Posted Image

If it seems to not look right try looking in General -> AoE Advice and mess with those settings.

Another AoE option is "clustering" which I have heard about a lot but not really been able to figure out. I'll try to look more into when I can get it working.

Another AoE option is "clustering" which I have heard about a lot but not really been able to figure out. I'll try to look more into when I can get it working.

Yeah I'd enabled that and set one of the settings to show me Chain Heal with a setting that should show me it basically all the time. However it never triggered. I was very confused, haven't been able to figure it out yet :(

That's the one thing about vuhdo that I hate. It breaks and screws up when stuff changes during combat (especially when someone drops group or gets added)

Ah! The reason I got Vuh'do in the first place was on Nef in T11, our druid kept jumping down into the arena in Prowl before everyone else. He kept outranging Healbot and it'd just drop him off the bars and not put him back on 'till we wiped. That led to a lot of horrible wipes (the only way to fit it was "reload ui" in combat =.=).

Vuh'do didn't have that problem at the time. Wonder why it does that now :S

Yeah I'd enabled that and set one of the settings to show me Chain Heal with a setting that should show me it basically all the time. However it never triggered. I was very confused, haven't been able to figure it out yet Posted Image

Ah! The reason I got Vuh'do in the first place was on Nef in T11, our druid kept jumping down into the arena in Prowl before everyone else. He kept outranging Healbot and it'd just drop him off the bars and not put him back on 'till we wiped. That led to a lot of horrible wipes (the only way to fit it was "reload ui" in combat =.=).

Vuh'do didn't have that problem at the time. Wonder why it does that now :S

Well I was just messing with some of the cluster settings, again you just go into HoT icons and set Cluster Finder, and there it triggers. I jsut neeed to mess with it more and then when I get to my desktop I can post some pictures for it since it seems pretty lengthy.

about it breaking: The problem only really occurs when someone drops group or joins the group while I'm in combat. Not if they out range.. If they drop group vuhdo has recently started to try to compensate for it and I can usually catch on by targeting the anomaly. when someone joins group while in combat, then I don't see them at all, or it pushes someone else in the group away until I drop combat.

Edited by krazyito65

After reading your post, I feel like playing my Resto Shaman more seriously and install this addon ^^

2 people like this

I absolutely love this addon. It just needs a lot of attention in the beginning to get it the way you want =)

Clustering:

Here is the options for turning on clustering:

Posted Image

• For this area the only things you need to mess with are Range and Health level. Range refers to how far two people need to be to each other to be considered a cluster. Health Level refers to how much health the player has before activating the cluster finder
  • Max number is self explanatory. If they AoE spell you want to use has a cooldown, you can name it here so clustering is turned off when it is on CD. Cone usually only refers to the old Light of Dawn or Maw of the Dragonlord, so its not really useful. Just keep it 360. Chain Jump is the distance a spell will travel from one to the next, such as Chain Heal and Renewing Mist.
  • Display options, You can set the size of the counter with Text and set multiple thresholds for what is a good cluster.
After you mess with those settings go back to HoT icons (in the panels tab) and set a slot to Cluster Finder.

Posted Image

Then go here

Posted Image

Set the scale on the slot you put it in so its not impeding on the rest of the bar

Posted Image

After all that is done, que up and it should look similar to this. if you set the options more specifically then I did it probably wont look as clunky.. It was like this though because everyone was stacked up on top of each other.

Posted Image

Hope this helped and showed you another feature you may not have known about!

2 people like this

Have tried different healing addons for my priest/shammy/druid/pally and finally decided to just keep it to healbot, it does what it does for me. This addon you're talking about looks interesting but pretty complicated to me (am getting old). How bout convincing me why this is so much better then ordinary healbot?

Ur also talking about "all these options might be taxing on your system", how much memory does this addon ask? Nice to know compared to healbot (nothing wrong with my pc to ask a lot) Posted Image

Edited by Daowen

I'm sorry I got to this late I've been busy with stuff in RL and haven't been checking very often. I honestly have never used Healbot so I would not be able to compare any major differences between the two. As I stated before, I've been using this addon since I first started playing the game and have been in love with it ever since. The only thing I can possibly think of that is a major difference between the two is customization. As I said, I have never used Healbot, but if what you said about Vuhdo ('pretty complicated') is any indicator, it means it has more options for that customization, even if it's buried inside loads of other options. Again, as I said, I'm sure I can figure out how to do just about anything you would want to tailor to your needs for this addon for a variety of preferences. Which also draws on how much resources it uses. For me, with all the information I like to display is just simply awesome. I don't think (or even know, since I haven't tried) Healbot could efficiently show all the information I would want on each bar as for how specific I like them to be. The best thing I can say is this addon is perfect for the people who like to customize their frames to be exactly how they want it and function (for the most part) how they need it. I'm just here to help the people who want to learn how to use it more, but are intimidated by the options to explore it further.

During very intense parts of a fight, Vuhdo can make up a large portion of your memory. I have some pictures during dragon soul when I was having some FPS problems to show how much each addon was taking. During Heroic Spine of Deathwing (Edit: lol Spine of Madness, what was I thinking last night?) it got to as high as 35 mb, just showing all the debuffs on people. But I would say an average mid combat would be from 5-10 mb.

http://imgur.com/a/PtFOU

There is the album i uploaded them. You may have to look at them at full resolution to make out what the numbers are.

Edited by krazyito65
1 person likes this

From my experience with Healbot all the way back in patch 4.1, it's far inferior to Vuh'do in every way.

I've never seen a memory problem with an up-to-date version of Vuh'do. :)

1 person likes this

I discovered the tank CDs and editable list myself a couple of months ago, sprayed milk on my monitor out of shock (from my mouth, I'm not lactating or anything), turned it on, configured it and haven't looked back. Definitely a good mention for this guide, I dont think it's all that apparent to new users and maybe not even veterans (I've been using it since it was introduced back in Ulduar).

I wasn't aware of the cluster detection either, good grief. I'm almost positive my resto shaman doesn't know about it either, going to direct her here.

Thanks for the input/hard work krazyito, great stuff.

-Auracle

1 person likes this

I discovered the tank CDs and editable list myself a couple of months ago, sprayed milk on my monitor out of shock (from my mouth, I'm not lactating or anything), turned it on, configured it and haven't looked back. Definitely a good mention for this guide, I dont think it's all that apparent to new users and maybe not even veterans (I've been using it since it was introduced back in Ulduar).

I wasn't aware of the cluster detection either, good grief. I'm almost positive my resto shaman doesn't know about it either, going to direct her here.

Thanks for the input/hard work krazyito, great stuff.

-Auracle

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure if you are saying that you found out about the tank CD yourself and you want me to add it or if you found out from here... Regardless I already made a post about that in this thread (here). Thanks for the suggestion though!

If anyone has any more questions/suggestions for me to figure out please ask here. I love to tinker with this addon to make it work how people want.

Edited by krazyito65

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure if you are saying that you found out about the tank CD yourself and you want me to add it or if you found out from here... Regardless I already made a post about that in this thread (here). Thanks for the suggestion though!

If anyone has any more questions/suggestions for me to figure out please ask here. I love to tinker with this addon to make it work how people want.

Woops sorry about the ambiguity there, I meant that I had stumbled across it on my own and configured it. I was just agreeing with your post and noting that it was a great idea to mention it here, since it's relatively obscure and VERY handy :D

Well, this is old.... maybe someone might find use from it again.. lol

I just rediscovered this thanks to your post Krazyito and resolved to get back on and finally make the damn cluster detection work! xD

Ok, let me be the one to ask then.....(honest question)......why do people use an addon to heal? What do they do for you?

Your origional post said every healer has their favourite addon to heal. I've never tried one for healing. Addons i have just give me information about stuff or tell me not to stand somewhere.

What does a Healing addon do?

M.

So like most healers we all have specific preferences with addon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tekuan
      Hi guys,
      Since the 7.0 and the new talent Deluge, I try to see who is in my rain, and who is not.
      For this purpose, it would be veeeeery helpfull if vuhdo could show me who's in.
      But the difficulty here is that healing rain don't apply a buff on the ally healed.
      Is there an advanced user of vuhdo here that can help me? I struggle with it since few days. :(

Thank you !
    • By Pandacho
      Table of Content:

DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLATION
      GENERAL
      ACTION BARS
              Moving elements
              Key Bindings
      BAGS
      BUFFS AND DEBUFFS
      CHAT
      DATATEXTS
      NAMEPLATES
      UNITFRAMES
      PROFILES
      PLUGINS

ElvUI is a full UI replacement. It completely replaces the default Blizzard UI at every level with a new and better interface. It has multiple addons and plug-ins integrated into it, such as Dominos action bars and TidyPlates. As such, you’ll only ever have to update ElvUI and not worry too much about its individual components. This UI will arrange your interface to be more flexible and practical.

DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLATION (top)

Download ElvUI from Tukui. The version on Curse is outdated.

Following the above link, you will find two addons to download: Tukui and ElvUI. You need ElvUI:

Unpack the downloaded archive to your WoW Addons folder (World of Warcraft -> Interface -> Addons)

If you had ElvUI previously installed, you'd get a message asking to replace the current folder - click 'Yes':

Log in to WoW. Click the 'AddOns' button in the left bottom corner of your character selection screen. Make sure that both ElvUI Config and ElvUI are enabled in the addons list:

Press 'Enter World'. Now you should see a 'C' button on your minimap - it opens ElvUI configuration window.
      Patch 7.0.3 change:
      'C' button was removed in pre-patch. ElvUI config now can be reached from the Main Menu (in game press Esc button-> press ElvUI button) or by typing /ec in chat.
      When entering the game for the first time after installing the addon, you'll get this screen :

If you can't see this Installation screen, press 'C' on your minimap and then 'Install' button:

You’ll now have a 9 step configuration process. Do not skip it if you don’t have ElvUI already configured on some other toon.

[1] Click on ‘Continue’ to begin:
      [2] Step 2 of 9: Click on ‘Setup CVars’ → ‘Continue’
      [3] Step 3 of 9: Click on ‘Setup Chat’ → ‘Continue’
      [4] Step 4 of 9: Click on ‘Enable’ → ‘Continue’
      [5] Step 5 of 9: Select ‘Classic’ → ‘Continue’ (you can always play around with the colors / themes later but for the sake of brevity, we’re going to stick with Classic for now).
      [6] Step 6 of 9: choose ‘High Resolution’ if you have a 15 inch + monitor, otherwise choose ‘Low Resolution’ → ‘Continue’
      [7] Step 7 of 9: Choose the option you are interested in - your unit frame / your target / target of target Unit Frames will be at the bottom of the screen, not on the top and in a slightly different position for every role (You can click on every role to see the difference and to choose what you like better). If you chose a Healer role, you will get an announcement asking you to install the Clique addon, just click ‘Yes’ and ignore it, no need to install anything.

Click ‘Continue’ when you’re done.
      [8] Step 8 of 9: I would advice for ‘Icons Only’ - we don’t need a million bars and timers for standard raid buffs. We all know that they are present. But you can select the ‘Aura Bars&Icons’ option too if it’s you taste. Click ‘Continue’ when you’re done.
      [10] Step 9 of 9: You’re done with this part, hit the ‘Finished’ button and it will reload your UI.

After restarting, you’ll get a screen with a support announcement and tips. Check “Disable”, then press “Hide” if you don’t want these tooltips to come up. I suggest not to hide them until you’re completely familiar with ElvUI.

Now we’re going to configure your UI a bit more.

Click on ‘C’ on the minimap to bring up the ElvUI configuration screen.

I'm using an ElvUI Still Enhanced plugin for ElvUI. So any orange text at the screenshots is from this plugin. You can use it too for a bit more of flexibility but it’s not something that required.

GENERAL (top)

There are some very nice options here that make your life easier:

- ‘Announce Interrupts’ dropdown menu. Set this to ‘None’ if you are using some other addon for it or set to any of the other options: Party/Raid/Say, etc.
      - Select an ‘Auto Repair’ option from the drop down menu.
      - Tick ‘Vendor Grays’ - awesome option!
      - Tick “Auto Greed/DE’ to automate rolling on greens. It’ll automatically choose Disenchant or Greed (depending on whether an enchanter is available or not). This option works only on max level so don’t be afraid to DE something useful.

Go through the rest of options and check whatever you feel useful.

Open the right dropdown menu of the General Tab.

Here are two additions from ElvUI Enhanced that I really like:
      - Minimap Button Bar collects all your addon buttons from minimap and organize them into a nice bar. There are other addons doing the same but I think that less addons - always better.
      - Raid Marker Bar. Well, if you ever had to quickly add and remove Raid Markers (both target and ground) - you’d love it.

You should configure properly Minimap section:
      - Chose ‘Minimap’ line from the dropdown menu to adjust all the minimap buttons (Garrison / Calendar / Mail / LFR Queue, etc) - you can resize them, move, hide / hide in combat.
      You should pay attention to the ‘Hide’ button. For some reason it is ticked by default so you’ll have to untick it for every button you want to see on your Minimap.

If you are still leveling or grinding Faction Reputations,
      - XP Bar & Reputation Bar - they are hiding in this dropdown menu and not within Action bars.
      You can choose here all the standard options - move, resize, vertical / horizontal, show on mouseover.

Go through the rest of options and check whatever you feel useful.

ACTION BARS (top)

- Tick ‘Enabled’
      - Tick ‘Keybind Text’. Displays bind names on the action buttons.
      - Tick ‘Macro Text’. Displays macro name on the action button so you'll be aware that pressing this button you'll run a macro and not a single ability.
      - Change the ‘Font ’ to whatever works for you, just make sure it’s something clear.
      - Change the ‘Font Size’ to whatever works for you.

‘Pick Up Action Key’ is the button that you must hold down in order to drag an ability to another action button - prevents from accidental messing with the buttons.

Now check “Enabled” for Micro Bar, any of the Bars 1-6, Pet Bar and Stance Bar. Actually, you can enable only Bar 1 and 2 or whatever works for you and disable all the rest.

For every bar, there is a ‘Mouse over’ tick box - this will simply hide the bar until you mouseover it, which is useful for bars that are irrelevant during raids.

In enabled Bars, you can choose the number of buttons per bar and vertical or horizontal style.

- The ‘Buttons’ slider will allow you to set how many buttons a bar will have (the button cap is 12 though, you cannot have more than that in a single bar).
      - ‘Buttons Per Row’ - choose 12 if you want a horizontal bar, choose 1, if you want it vertical bar.

Actually you don’t have to have exactly 12 buttons per bar. It can be any amount from 1 to 12 or even 2 rows of 6 buttons or any other configuration that you prefer.

Moving elements (top)

Now we will sort the bars on the screen. Click on ‘Toggle Anchors:’

You will then get this screen:

Just mouse drag your bars to the proper position.
      If you feel that your bars are stick to something all the time, just untick ‘Sticky Frames’ option in the middle Menu.
      In addition, you get a menu with arrows and numbers on every bar you are clicking - you can use it for fine tuning (if you are interested in extremely precise positioning ^^)
      When you’re done, click on ‘Lock’ in the middle Menu.

Key Bindings (top)

To configure Hot Keys on your Action Bars, click on ‘Keybind Mode.’

You will get this window pop-up:

Tick Character specific Key Bindings only if you want different positioning of hotkeys on the bars for different characters. You’ll get an explanation of what to do on the screen. Do not forget to click ‘Save’ when you’re done.

BAGS (top)

Click ‘Enable,’ if you want to use ElvUI’s bag system. It’s nice, tidy and flexible in size and positioning. If you have an external bag addon, you will have to disable ElvUI’s bag system or you’ll get both of them messed up.

I personally prefer to disable ElvUI bag system and use AdiBags addon. It’s the same graphic style but has very good smart section division by default including different gear sets - no need to configure anything. In addition you can have all the Currencies you want to track at the bottom line.
      Looks like this:

BUFFS AND DEBUFFS (top)

Both ‘Enable’ and ‘Disabled Blizzard’ must be checked.

CHAT (top)

You can play here with the options or leave it untouched, move and resize chat  windows, remove / split existing or add new.
      Let’s try to add a new chat window, so you’ll know how to do this.

[1] Right click on the ‘General’ tab of your Chat window and select ‘Create New Window’ from the menu.
      [2] Name this window ‘Raid.’
      [3] Right-click on the newly created ‘Raid’ chat window and select ‘Settings.’
      [4] From the ‘Chat’ category, untick everything except ‘Party, Party Leader, Raid, Raid Leader, Raid Warning, Instance, Instance Leader.’
      [5] From the ‘Global Channels’ category, untick everything.
      [6] Click ‘Okay.’

Remember that you can move chat windows - you will have to untick ‘Lock Positions’ option to do this.

DATATEXTS (top)

Datatexts are all the additional data that could be displayed at the bottom of chat windows and Minimap. If you are using ElvUI Enhanced, you can add datatexts to Action Bars too.
      You can also interact with the datatexts. For example, clicking on Time will bring up Calendar, on Durability - your Character Info, on Spec - will change it to the secondary, mouseover on System - shows your addon list with the memory used, etc.

Choose whatever you'd like to display from the dropdown menus:

NAMEPLATES (top)

If you are using external addon for the Nameplates, you’ll have to untick “Enable” here.

Check “Enable” in every tab of dropdown menu:

SKINS / TOOLTIPS / FILTERS

Doesn’t matter. Do whatever you want here.

UNITFRAMES (top)

Enable only the UNIT FRAMES tabs that are relevant for you. All the rest - keep them disabled.
      You should disable all the Blizzard frames - keeping both Blizz and ElvUI frames creates unnecessary mess on your screen.
      Here’s an example of a raid healer enabled frames (red color frames). All the party/raid frames are disabled because I’m using VuhDo for it.

You can use Clique and mouseover macros with ElvUI Unit Frames.
      ElvUI Raid Frames are very flexible: you can move and resize them, choose vertical or horizontal positioning. Any target data, buffs and debuffs could be configured separately for every kind of group. You can add and remove targets of your target, focus or pet, their cast bars, name, HP, level, raid icons, etc.
      If you are interested in tracking incoming heals or  threat, there are options for this too.

PROFILES (top)

The most awesome thing about ElvUI is that after you did it once, no need to configure the addon for every character. Just choose the toon or a named profile that you want to copy the settings from. If you have a viable offspec, you can also ‘Enable Dual Profile’ to configure it.
      Or you can just save different profiles for 10-man / 25-man raid or for tank / dps spec.
      Another nice option is to share your profile with other player (obviously they should have ElvUI too) when targeting them.

PLUGINS (top)

This tab just shows you what plugins are currently enabled and marks the outdated in red.

You can add ElvUI plugins from Tukui project site if interested in additional options: http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=category&id=29&start=1
    • By Epos
      Hey all. I'm interested in what kind of add-ons people may be using for healing. I have tried healbot in the past and I'll be honest, I hate it.  Currently I am using a 12 button Naga with ELVUI  and its been decent , but I'm curious to know if there is something else out there I might find beneficial. I'm in the process of learning mouse over macro's  but I have a ways to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Epøs
    • By VampAurora
      This is a guide for Overwatch mechanics that might be useful. It will constantly be updated, with new info and additions. If you have any suggestions/corrections to enrich the topic, feel free to share them below.
      Shields & Barriers
      Shields are a vital part in Overwatch as they can protect yourself and your allies from enemy fire. But do they always protect you?
      The answer is no. Melee attacks as well as Reinhardt's Rocket Hammer, Torbjörn's Forge Hammer and Symmetra's Energy Ball ignore enemy shields. Additionally, Winston's Tesla Cannon will hit both the shield and the enemy behind it.

Zarya's barriers grant 200 barrier to herself or an ally for 2 seconds and they are not visible on the health bar whatsoever. On the other hand, Lúcio's ultimate ability (Sound Barrier) grants 500 barrier to himself and allies within a 30 meter range, which immediately begins decaying 83 points per second until empty (6 seconds total duration), and it is visible on the health bar.
      Barriers don't reduce damage, don't regenerate, and can't be healed. Shields don't reduce damage , but regenerate 20.5 points per second after you have taken no damage for 3 seconds.
      Armor
      Bastion, Reinhardt, Winston, and D.Va have armor by default. Torbjörn can drop armor packs which grant 75 armor to any ally that picks it up, He can also gain 300 armor for 12 seconds when using his ultimate ability (Molten Core), while Bastion gains 150 armor for 8 seconds when using his own ultimate ability (Configuration: Tank).
      Whenever armor takes damage, it reduces the damage by half, but not by more than 5 damage per individual hit. Critical hits (Headshots) double damage before any armor reduction. For instance, Widowmaker's headshot would deal 295 damage (120 x 2.5 = 300 - 5 = 295).
      Damage Boost
      Certain abilities in Overwatch can boost a character's damage output either by boosting their own  actual damage or by amplifying the damage the enemy will take. Those abilities are Mercy's Caduceus Staff and Zenyatta's Orb of Discord, respectively. Mercy's ability will increase an ally's damage for 30% while Zenyatta's Orb will amplify the damage your enemy will take by 50%.
      When combined, the bonuses are additive, not multiplicative, meaning that utilising both will increase your damage by 80%. Finally, damage boosts do not stack, so in other words, getting boosted by two Mercies will still give you just 30%.
      Headshots (Critical Hits)
      Headshots can be game-changing as they can finish off your opponents much easier and give your team more space to focus on targets and handle a situation. Headshots have a x2 multiplier meaning that an 100 damage body shot will translate into a 200 damage hit if it was a headshot. Melee attacks and auto-aim abilities like Symmetra's Photon Projector or Winston's Tesla Cannon, cannot crit. The only exception to the headshot multiplier applies to Widowmaker, as she has a x2.5 headshot multiplier, meaning an 120 damage body shot will deal 300 headshot damage, instead of 240.
      Heroes Health & Hit Points
      Each hero in Overwatch has a different Health Pool and a sum of Hit Points, and you can see each of them below:
      600 Health Heroes: Roadhog 300 Health Heroes: Reinhardt 400 Health Heroes: Winston 250 Health Heroes: Reaper, Mei 200 Health Heroes: Genji, McCree, Pharah, Soldier: 76, Hanzo, Junkrat, Torbjörn, Widowmaker, Lúcio, Mercy, Bastion, Zarya 150 Health Heroes: Tracer, D.Va Pilot 100 Health Heroes: D.Va Mech, Symmetra 50 Health Heroes: Zenyatta These numbers might seem strange to you, and you would be right as you are used to see the combined hit points. Of course Zenyatta doesn't have only 50 points to shoot him at. The following heroes have armor or shield additions to their basic health points.

Bastion and Winston have an added 100 points Armor, Reinhardt has a 200 points one and D.Va Mech a respectful 400 points Armor.
      Zarya has 200 added points of Shield while Symmetra and Zenyatta have an 100 points one.
      Healing & Health Packs
      In every map you can find various Health Packs. The small ones will heal for 75 health while the big ones will heal for 250 health, practically making them a full heal for almost every hero. The small packs have a respawn rate of 10 seconds while the big ones have a 15 second respawn window.
      When you receive healing, it applies in a specific order to each type of hit points until that type is full. The order stands as below:
      Health Armor (Not the ability-granted armor) Shields
      Junkrat's traps, his ultimate ability (RIP-Tire) and Torbjorn's Turret can be healed if they are placed over health packs, but they can't be healed in any other way.
      Lúcio's Crossfade, when toggled to healing mode, passively heals allies and himself within 30 meters (when in sight), for 12.5 hit points per second, or 40 hit points per second during Amp It Up (which lasts 3 seconds). Mercy's Caduceus Staff heals an ally for 50 hit points per second in a range of 15 meters. Soldier: 76's Biotic Field heals himself and allies within 5 meters for 40 hit points per second. Zenyatta's Orb of Harmony heals the targeted ally for 30 hit points per second. His ultimate ability (Transcendence) heals all allies, as well as himself, within 10 meters for 130 hit points per second for 6 seconds. In maps including a payload, the payload will heal heroes on the attacking team for 10 hit points per second while they are within a 5 meter range (the same distance required to actually move the payload forward). Last but not least, the Spawn Room will heal you for a vast 400 hit points per second.

• By Ishkur
      Hello fellow shamans,
      I'm a freshly boosted shaman. Never played one before but I am keen on healing with him. I've been asking new raid to let him in and they allow it.
      I'm there as a resto shaman and I'm pulling very low number/ranking compared to both warcraftlogs and askmrrobot. I know my gears and enchants are not the optimal but I feel like with a solid rotation/priority I should be able to do better before concentrating on gearing.
      I did some research (mainly through google and chainheal) and I did try to maximize Riptide, Healing Stream Totem and Elemental Blast. As well as keeping uptime on Earth Shield and using Chainheal as fillers, but the numbers are way worse than I've imagined it would be. 
      I'd highly appreciated it if someone could help me with some pointers in resto shaman.
      Character name: Dianny
      Here are the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qczpPJdwTXZG4ayN#fight=34&type=summary
      My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kiljaeden/Dianny/simple

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. Any feedbacks and criticism are highly appreciated.