Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nathrax

Question on Tier synergy bonuses

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to, and I am hoping you guys can help me. I just discovered this site and i must say it have been very informative to me so far.

Due to my work schedule I can very rarely make my guild raids so most every week its off to the LFR.

I have the 4 piece T13 LFR set. My question is: is the bonus provided adequate enough to not buy the i397 valor point gear? what about a mix of the valor point gear and the 2 piece bonus? should I not even worry about the bonus and just try to get the BiS items that I can?

I know it may seem silly to some since it is the LFR and not all that difficult, but on those rare occasions when I do get to go with my guild I just want to make sure I have the best gear overall that I can.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help you can give me!

I am going to guess, based on the tags of the thread, that you are a Holy Paladin. I'll base my answer off that. If I'm wrong, feel free to specify your class.

The set bonuses from the tier set, especially the 4-part tier set bonus (+20% healing to Holy Radiance) are very good. Also, 3 of the tier items (shoulder, chest and hands) are ideally itemised for a Holy Paladin (spirit and haste), whereas the Valor gear is not (it has Crit or Mastery).

So, I think you will get the best set-up by using the following items:

Head: Glowing Wings of Hope (Valor points). Critical Strike Rating is better than Mastery Rating (which is what the tier head has).

Shoulder: Tier LFR

Chest: Tier LFR

Hands: Tier LFR

Legs: Tier LFR (no Valor equivalent).

If you want more specific advice or tips or anything, feel free to ask (and provide an armory link, too!)

P.S.: There's nothing wrong with wanting to perform well, no matter what the level you are raiding at is.

If you are unsure about gear but you don't have much time to research everything, trawl through class specific websites or elitist jerks it can be worth using a website that does it for you. Mr robot is pretty good (www.askmrrobot.com). It isn't perfect and there are better ways to deal with gear; but as a general guide it is pretty good. If you use 'relative rankings' rather than BiS it will tell you if something is an upgrade based on your currently equiped gear which is also pretty useful. Takes thinks like 2/4 piece bonuses into account. Make sure you log off in your pve gear though as it updates directly from armoury.

The set bonuses from the tier set, especially the 4-part tier set bonus (+20% healing to Holy Radiance) are very good. Also, 3 of the tier items (shoulder, chest and hands) are ideally itemised for a Holy Paladin (spirit and haste), whereas the Valor gear is not (it has Crit or Mastery).

I would just like to add that the 4-set bonus got nerfed to +5% healing to Holy Radiance. This is a lot less good than it used to be, but I still think it's worth getting since holy radiance is used a lot in Dragon soul, especially in a 25-man raid.

I would just like to add that the 4-set bonus got nerfed to +5% healing to Holy Radiance. This is a lot less good than it used to be, but I still think it's worth getting since holy radiance is used a lot in Dragon soul, especially in a 25-man raid.

Oh, so it has. That's weird, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/78692 still mentions it as 20%. You'd think it would be reliable.

In my guild the paladin healers decided to give the tier tokens to all the other classes first, since the upgrade for them is quite small and other classes(priests, warlocks and retribution paladins) getting their 4-set bonus first would benefit the raid more. But I still think the 4-set LFR is better than the valor point items. The items given by Vlad are probably your best guess.

Thaanks, everyone. I think i am going to go with valor head and the other 4 from the LFR.