FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dassand

Shadow Priest Help (Ya another one =/ )

Been Priesting since vanilla and this is my first time Shadowing so excuse the noobery. My priest is approaching 670ilvl couple questions.

1. Sitting around 60% mastery unbuffed. When do I start prioritizing haste? Should I change weapon and all other enchants/gems to haste when I start prioritizing? (CoP spec w/ Insanity) 

2.How high do I want to stack haste?
3. Rotation question: Do I always Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death when available even if it means breaking an Insanity channel? I am 2P T17 now and I’m noticing MB is coming off CD sooner than Insanity is finished b/c of said set bonus. 

Thanks for the help!

Below is armory link for any reference/recommendations 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eldrethalas/Dassand/simple

Edited by Oltier
Edited format in order to make it readable

Been Priesting since vanilla and this is my first time Shadowing so excuse the noobery. My priest is approaching 670ilvl couple questions.

1. Sitting around 60% mastery unbuffed. When do I start prioritizing haste? Should I change weapon and all other enchants/gems to haste when I start prioritizing? (CoP spec w/ Insanity) 

2.How high do I want to stack haste?

3. Rotation question: Do I always Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death when available even if it means breaking an Insanity channel? I am 2P T17 now and I’m noticing MB is coming off CD sooner than Insanity is finished b/c of said set bonus. 

Thanks for the help!

Below is armory link for any reference/recommendations 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/eldrethalas/Dassand/simple

I moved your topic to the appropriate subsection of the forums and also edited the format of your message in order to make it readable. Next time, pay attention to these things, please.

Oltier

• Like 1

Ok, if you had some logs that would help out alot more. Theyre really easy to run yourself, if no one in your raid is currently logging

Now: 1. You shouldnt be prioritizing mastery in the first place, even though it seems like it would be a good idea with CoP.  With so much movement in BRF, mastery loses alot of value.  It actually drops below everything but versatility in nearly every situation of BRF at the moment.  Even if you're going with mastery, you shouldnt be going with haste at all for CoP, higher haste, and especially the haste weapon enchant, screw with dotweaving and make it all wonky. so dont do it.  

2. See above mentioned haste = nogo.  You want to stack crit.  higher crit is the best combination at the moment, ill refer you to another thread i posted on explaining why. https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/11125-shadow-priest-problems-heroic-progress/

3.  once you're in sw:death range, you should always be casting it on cd, and MB on cd, while not capping orbs, and keeping DP up and just filling with insanity.  However, since you have the 2p, your dotweaving above 20% rotation will differ slightly.  

2set rotation should look something like:  MS spam with MB filler until 4th orb.  MS > SW:P > VT > MB(5th orb) > DP > 2 TICKS Insanity > MB > full insanity channel > DP > MB(should come off cd as gcd from DP finishes) > 2 channels of insanity > MB dots should be off by the time you cast this MB and you should go right back to MS spamming and building up to your next dotweave phase. Hope this helped! 

Edited by Fisperne
  • Like 1

Sorry Oltier, I had no idea I have to format my post nor do I know how to check for that or actually do that. I thought it was just a  type and post kinda deal. Thank you for that though. Fisperne I will see if I can get some logs posted here in a just few minutes thank you for letting me know I've been failing at WoW for so long lol.