FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kuroude

Shadow Priest Problems, Heroic Progress

Hi!

really struggling on what im doing wrong in raids atm, wether or not im just failing on rotation or im getting my stats wrong i dont know

im playing a CoP lite rotation,

so normal MB > MSx3 > MB etc til 4 orbs> MS> dot > up MB > insanity >MFx2 >MB>insanity >MFx2

multi target i MB and dot up targets, MB off CD and insanity soon as i reach 3 orbs, rinse and repeat

my armor is

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Cl%C3%B3%C3%B9d/simple

i never really die on bosses halfway through, i do lose some dps on beastmaster due to massdispelling players that get the fire debuff but on most other boss fights i bearly reach 30k.

unfortunatly i dont have any logs but any help will be awesome.

trying to kill blast furnace on heroic and the dammage is just terrible, due to the ammount of aoe there is il even be below tanks (monk tank / war tank

First off, looking at armory you need to decide what stats you're going for. I see gems for haste and multistrike, enchants for haste and weapon enchant for mastery.

That I'm aware of, top stat for CoP rotations is still mastery. Crit and haste become interesting with the AS build (but that's not really what we're looking into at the moment). You'll want to look at maybe reenchanting and regemming towards mastery, as it'll give you just plain good old damage.

Also, outside of the AS build, you need to realize the shadow priest right now is in a niche where you're used for tight burst damage while having a bit of a sideline for aoe (insanity mind sear hnngg), but what you excel at is still single target damage. Keep that to your advantage! Multidotting while not using AS is not as strong as just pounding your usual rotation on mob after mob (or spears, or long-lived adds). Many classes right now have aoe that is very well tuned at wrecking big bunches of adds, let them handle the little ones.

Next thing, from your rotation I'm not entirely certain I get it (I hope I understand wrong), I see you say you mind flay after insanity is finished? Or is that your way to say you're doing your 2 GCDs of insanity? Anyway, you seem to be dotweaving correctly, it's just a matter of being consistent and tight with the rotation.

BRF right now is a bit harsh for shadow priests, it's pretty solid to say it's "normal" for us to be a bit under the average in a balanced-skill raid. We're in no way easily replaceable though, and we do very well on single-target/big add phase fights.

Hope this helps!

Hey there, hope I can bring some insight for you both.  Now what Coussin said is partially true, in that you need to decide what stat you're going for.  It looks like you're jumping all around with the haste enchants, then the mastery weapon enchant, and a multistrike gem.  However, what Coussin said about mastery being the top stat, is incorrect to a certain degree. The only way mastery becomes your top stat is in a complete patchwerk, no movement fight.  And even then, with certain gear, in a patchwerk sim, the difference between mastery/multistrike/crit/haste is very small.  With the large amount of movement there is in BRF mastery is on the lower end of the stat priority. Crit/Haste/Multistrike are all of relatively similar value for CoP, however, with more abundance of crit in BRF gear as well as the buff to AS, going full crit is a much smarter build to use.  Another thing is that multidotting, even with CoP IS beneficial.  Especially on Darmac, although you should be running AS on darmac as of 6.1.  Spriests are the best class at dealing with downing spears besides boomkins, casting your instacast sw:pain on a spear is definitely more beneficial than ignoring the spears and letting them pile up.  Now for your rotation, what I did before getting the 2set would be MS spam with MB on cd until i hit my 4th orb, then 1 MS cast, apply SW:pain apply VT cast MB.  Then DP, 1 full channel of Insanity, clip 2nd channel about 3/4ths of the way through it with a MB, cast DP 1 full channel 1 3/4 channel. MB. dots shouldve fallen off, back into MS spam with MB on cd.  Hope this helps! 

Also logs would be really beneficial if you could get some. They're not hard to run yourself so if you really want some deep insight help they would really help me or anyone else figure out the root of the problem! Good luck!

thanks for the feedback, yea my enchants were all over the place. i thought to myself mastery was good, but with so much movement didnt have much time to just stand and cast, i do have bracers same ilvl with haste and crit that i was thinking of using but i thought the stats on the current bracers were basically bis, due to the multistrike as well as the mastery.

so really.
Even though mastery is a high stat, its only high on patchwerk fights so i should be really going crit haste and multistrike? i havent even tried using AS yet. i wouldnt atm due to low crit + getting too used to having an instacast MB

Basically prioritise ilvl over everything else.  That increase in intellect is almost always going to outweigh secondary stats no matter what.  Now about the bracers, I'd go with the crit/haste ones hands down.  I'd also recommend going with the thunderlord weapon enchant, as well as all crit enchants on neck/cloak/rings.  Crit is hands down in my opinion the best stat for shadow priests at the moment, and until someone with evidence to suggest otherwise i feel it to be a pretty solid stat.  Every one of your spells is benefitting from it, unlike mastery, and it doesnt mess with dotweaving like haste does, and it's slightly better than multistrike in my book because of the added benefit of it's work with Auspicious Spirits