Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Holy paladin, under preforming or just stats?

3 posts in this topic

Our guild's disc priest just left for another guild(Guild drama, slow progression, "boss sampling" among reasons) and he tells me how the guild leader for his new guild is a holy paladin and downright slams him on healing meters, whereas I'm usually keeping up with him. Granted, their holy paladin is like 683 while I'm 674, still. I feel like I should be doing much better than I am. Mr Robot logs usually have me in the 60-70% percentile when I used to be up in the 80s and 90s.

In case any of you ask: no, I don't use any healing/raidframe addons, just Dominos action bars and default blizzard frames and I don't use mouseover macros.(I know, I really should. I'm starting to set them up to try out in tomorrow night)

Is it just because I dont have enough crit to proc my holy lights and whatnot in combination with my lack of using mosueover macros that I'm not doing as well as I should?

Edited by Larryguy

Good luck beating a disc priest who knows what they're doing.

You have pretty optimal gear, won't get much more crit without just sheer ilvl increase. If you haven't already macro a trinket in with your AW for the little extra boost. Also, you don't need to setup 30 mouseover macros, I would suggest just downloading and trying clique. It even works with standard blizz raid frames. That's just playstyle suggestions though, aside from that your actualy logs look decent. I'm assuming any healing tank there (which was minimal) was emergency situations.

Maybe drop LoD off your bar entirely, just not worth it. Other than that I got nothing for you, you're playing well, I think that other pally is just a beast, lol.

Edited by Mikar
1 person likes this

AW more often. If you ok with mana, cast some Flash of Light.

Dont use AoE heal if it wont hit 6 targets and they all will recive healing from it. Even than, you probably want HolyLight.

I tried heal with Radiance on myph-butcher, my hps was same/lower than with HL. And when we heal butcher we got all ppl stacked, and on BRF you got only gruul/ladys fights.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ronspear
      Hey guys, I've been playing Fire mage for the first time since Legion. I did my research on almost everything you need to know on Fire Mages. I've spent hours on the rotation and I believe that I've almost mastered it.
      Now, the reason I am posting on the forum is because I need advise...
      I can't seem to exceed as much as I am suppose to as a fire mage. If I compare myself to what I see on Warcraft logs, fire mages of my ITL, are almost always first or second DPS. And even my fire mage guildie that is slightly under gear does much more damage then me on every fight...
      I believe that my gear is decent and so is my artifact tree... I do have decent trinkets ... So my conclusion is that I am missing something in my rotation, or that I am prioritizing something that I am not suppose to...
      Could anyone help me out? I have my latest Warcraft logs, here is one of them
      If you need any more , I could link the entire raid last week.
      Thank you!!
    • By Ludavyk
      Server: Zul'jin - Horde
      Raid Times: 7-10pm EST - T/W
      Celestial Being is recruiting to round out our mythic roster. The core of our team has Mythic experience including top 50 US experience. Mythic experience is preferred, along with current logs. We raid on a brief schedule and expect people prepared to progress.
      Current Needs:
      Priest - All Specs
      Shaman - Elemental/Enhancement
      Druid - Feral
      Paladin - Ret
      Exceptional players of all classes will be considered, feel free to discuss.
      Please contact for more information.
    • By Stenbock
      I recently switched from DK Tank to Paladin Tank (Similar stat prios) and I was wondering how much haste should I aim for and is Versatility more important than Haste like AskMrRobot says? 
      I raid twice a week but I mainly do M+ Content and I seem to be stuck at M+7 so if you have any advice there I will gladly take it. 
      Here's a link to my Paladin.
      I am in my raid spec currently and I switch my lvl 100 talent to Last Defender when I do M+.
      Any help is appreciated. :)
    • By Wixii
      Boom Time is currently recruiting healers (and as always exceptional dps).
      What healers do we need?
      - Paladin (high)
      - Monk
      - 860+ (Not absolute minimum)
      - Mythic experience or impressive logs
      - A sense of humour
      Wednesday - 19:00-23:00
      Thursday - 19:00-23:00
      Sunday - 19:00-23:00
      Contact info, about us, etc
      Wixii#2580 (Healing Officer)
      Origin#2634 (Ranged Officer)
      Warlofd#2979 (Melee Officer)
    • By liverbiird
      hello all:)
      I would be really happy if someone could point out why my dps is so abysmal (other then sucky skills)

When i start iam usually 1st or 2nd....but then my dps falls like a rock:( so clearly my rotation is way way way off:(

i dont seem to get as many MS procc as my fellow hunters:( I use it when ever i get it...i try to keep vulnrable buff all the time
      please help!!!