Damien

Monk: Dashing Strikes

14 posts in this topic

Why do you suggest to use Cindercoat in kanai's cube when this build has no fire dmg spells?

Why do you suggest to use Cindercoat in kanai's cube when this build has no fire dmg spells?

My thoughts exactly. I was so confused when I read that, and also, it offers no explanation like the guide on Ulianna's monk. Surely cubing Spirit Guards/Parthan Defenders (whichever you're not wearing) would be better?

Not to mention possibly cubing Leoric's Crown would be even better.

I wonder if they used a fire dash monk as a template and didn't catch the cindercoat. Fire dash is realy an orotz dash, since it uses that ring to cover the CDR requirement, allowing it to stack RCR. This build uses neither the ORotZ, nor any fire skills, so I don't know what the author was intending. Not sure what the best replacement for the cindercoat would be, though, if they really want to keep it a cold build. Fire, fwiu, is superior if you have all the pieces.

I wonder if they used a fire dash monk as a template and didn't catch the cindercoat. Fire dash is realy an orotz dash, since it uses that ring to cover the CDR requirement, allowing it to stack RCR. This build uses neither the ORotZ, nor any fire skills, so I don't know what the author was intending. Not sure what the best replacement for the cindercoat would be, though, if they really want to keep it a cold build. Fire, fwiu, is superior if you have all the pieces.

This will get fixed, as I will transition the guide from its current Cold state into the Fire/RCR build. Sorry for the temporarily confusing state!

where is the cold damage coming from, am I missing it? 

The Rune on Dashing Strike changes its damage type to Cold.

Good day Deadset, I was wondering.. Isn't it better to trade Kanai's Cube Weapon: "The Furnace" with "Jawbreaker"?

Jawbreaker:

When Dashing Strike hits an enemy more than 30–35 yards away, its Charge cost is refunded.

This way you can infinitely dash through big mobs as fast as you want.

grtz

Kirage

Good day Deadset, I was wondering.. Isn't it better to trade Kanai's Cube Weapon: "The Furnace" with "Jawbreaker"?

Heya! Jawbreaker will, unfortunately, require a very inconvenient playstyle to make use of it. You can try it out to verify - 30 yards is a substantial distance and makes it hard to focus down enemies, especially on single target.

Why wouldn't you use the Momentum passive skill with this build? It seems totally perfect for it.

Mostly due to priority, with other passives providing a bigger damage increase overall. Momentum falls into the category of the so-called additive damage increases, a large category of buffs that significantly diminish the value of those 20%. 

I've been running this with a bonesaber of zumicalis (with a 22K life on hit roll) and a blade of envy. Using the variant with the parthenans/crippling wave. I'm having troubles keeping my mana level up, but could just be user error. I'm relatively new to the game (only ~220 paragon), but I've been able to solo a lvl 37 with 3 minutes to spare and no deaths. Trying to tweak some gear rolls to get higher, but haven't hit a wall yet.

You almost build this like the shenlong build. 6 set raiment makes dashing strike your finisher. 4 set of inna for all the mantras and air ally more spirit when you need it. 

Crippling wave- mangle as your spirit generator, oh and we're going fire with this.

cyclone strike- implosion to pull em in

epiphany - desert shroud for survival

inner sanctuary - forbidden sanctuary for when it takes more than one dashing strike to kill the pack.

kanai's cube

weapon - flying dragon or in geom
armor - crudest boots

jewelry - royal ring of grandeur

legendary gems

bane of trap, bane of the stricken, gogok of swiftness

i cleared Greater rift 40 with this set up

After some more tweaking I've been able to clear grift 40, but killing any blues or golds takes several passes. The rift guardian takes about a minute or 2 itself to kill. I could probably still hunt for better targeted gear on crit damage and chance (I've been running with the flying dragon instead of the dual wield I described above). I'm still rocking a frostburn glove with great rolls cause I don't have the set gloves, which means my cube is locked in on ring of grandeur. I'm now using the suggested fists generator with cold damage (to combine with the frostburn), and am using the spirit guards.

I wish I was on console so I could just share my build. I guess there's no way for people to suggest ways to increase my damage without knowing the particulars of my rolls, eh?

I wish I was on console so I could just share my build. I guess there's no way for people to suggest ways to increase my damage without knowing the particulars of my rolls, eh?

It would be quite hard without seeing the specific character, yeah. I can say for sure that getting the full 6 piece set, dropping Grandeur and running full offensive jewelry will be a huge damage increase though.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor