Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matrixsage

[Feral] How do I read the logs to determine what I've done correctly or incorrectly?

6 posts in this topic

Gear http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Sargeras/Matrixsage/advanced

Gruul (H) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7nmQ2rFvBZqgbkfN#fight=5

I have a pretty good handle on the rotation and what to look out for, but I have no idea how to configure warcraftlogs to properly analysis myself. Bleed uptimes are simple enough, but other than that I'm stumped. I'm guessing to check savage roar uptime I add the % of the buff I cast + the buff from incarnation

I know I need some way to read my opener but I don't know how to edit my events to make it show up. All i see is rake shreds and rip but not in any way to see my potions or buffs.

The second thing i figured I would need to learn how to do is to check if i've used my bloodtalons when I've had 4 or 5 combo points and have used it for rake or rips. That's several things and you guys would probably display in 1 table. And I would probably want to have some way to check if I've let bloodtalons fade.

The last thing that I can think of is that I need some way to see if I've used clearcasting to do cast thrash.

Do you guys have a preset query you guys load for feral when helping analysis feral druids? And did i miss any other element you guys look at?

Thanks!

I'm not sure how to do those things on 1 graph, but I'll try to explain how I look at logs.

1) Bleed & Savage Roar uptimes

- You are already familiar with this so I won't waste time writing about it (ps. you are correct with SR addition)

2) Bloodtalons Usage

- Here you want to compare the number of PS procs you get to the number of HT casted (the difference is how many you wasted)

*To do this you first need to check your buffs tab (you had 37 PS procs), then you look at your cast tab (22 HT casts).  From this I see that you wasted 15 procs.

- To see what you casted after HT is a bit trickier, but if you highlight both HT and Rip you can see where they fall on the graph (same goes for Rake)

3) Opener

-  Start in the casts tab and select the Events tab to the right of your name.  It's messy, but it's the best way I've found to look at it.

I'm not sure how to do those things on 1 graph, but I'll try to explain how I look at logs.

1) Bleed & Savage Roar uptimes

- You are already familiar with this so I won't waste time writing about it (ps. you are correct with SR addition)

2) Bloodtalons Usage

- Here you want to compare the number of PS procs you get to the number of HT casted (the difference is how many you wasted)

*To do this you first need to check your buffs tab (you had 37 PS procs), then you look at your cast tab (22 HT casts).  From this I see that you wasted 15 procs.

- To see what you casted after HT is a bit trickier, but if you highlight both HT and Rip you can see where they fall on the graph (same goes for Rake)

3) Opener

-  Start in the casts tab and select the Events tab to the right of your name.  It's messy, but it's the best way I've found to look at it.

Thanks for the help! I'm suprised I've missed 15 healing touches, but I guess that's exactly why I wanted to learn how to read the logs. Thanks a bunch!

There is something I would like to point out. According to the logs, there are times where Predatory Swiftness is refreshed in the same millisecond that the first buff is gained, causing the count for the buff to be skewed at times. For example, from your Grull log:

00:00:10.785 Matrixsage gains Predatory Swiftness from Matrixsage arrow_right2.png 00:00:10.785 Matrixsage's Predatory Swiftness is refreshed by Matrixsage

That's 2 counts of the buff in the same instance, causing your buff count to go through the roof. In order to absolutely be sure you are getting all the your Bloodtalon procs, you need to look through your buff events page and make sure each 5 CP cycle you're getting off a Healing Touch. When I was trying to make sure I was getting all my Bloodtalon procs by looking at the logs, it was frustrating me because it was saying i was losing out on a ton of opportunities like yours says right now. When doing a ctrl-f on the events page looking for "gains Predatory Swiftness", you have 23 instances where you gained the buff, equal to your Bloodtalons count. 

This is just to help you look at logs better, because I've found its a common mistake to just look at the count on the buff tables page to determine your Bloodtalon usage.

There is something I would like to point out. According to the logs, there are times where Predatory Swiftness is refreshed in the same millisecond that the first buff is gained, causing the count for the buff to be skewed at times. For example, from your Grull log:

00:00:10.785 Matrixsage gains Predatory Swiftness from Matrixsage arrow_right2.png 00:00:10.785 Matrixsage's Predatory Swiftness is refreshed by Matrixsage

That's 2 counts of the buff in the same instance, causing your buff count to go through the roof. In order to absolutely be sure you are getting all the your Bloodtalon procs, you need to look through your buff events page and make sure each 5 CP cycle you're getting off a Healing Touch. When I was trying to make sure I was getting all my Bloodtalon procs by looking at the logs, it was frustrating me because it was saying i was losing out on a ton of opportunities like yours says right now. When doing a ctrl-f on the events page looking for "gains Predatory Swiftness", you have 23 instances where you gained the buff, equal to your Bloodtalons count. 

This is just to help you look at logs better, because I've found its a common mistake to just look at the count on the buff tables page to determine your Bloodtalon usage.

I figured there was a miscount because i swear i didn't miss HT that much. Thanks for pointing that out.

So i figured that these are the most important things i need to do

Check uptimes of savage roar, rip, rake

compare string of "Matrixsage gains Predatory Swiftness from Matrixsage" to how many times I've cast healing touch

check event page for my opener

Compare cooldowns of tiger fury, trinkets, incarnation berserk to fight duration ( Fight duration/cooldown)

Edited by matrixsage

I figured there was a miscount because i swear i didn't miss HT that much. Thanks for pointing that out.

So i figured that these are the most important things i need to do

Check uptimes of savage roar, rip, rake

compare string of "Matrixsage gains Predatory Swiftness from Matrixsage" to how many times I've cast healing touch

check event page for my opener

Compare cooldowns of tiger fury, trinkets, incarnation berserk to fight duration ( Fight duration/cooldown)

Yea that's all really solid. After that, you just need to move out of your comfort zone to get more Bites in while keeping high uptime on everything you mentioned ^-^