4 replies to this topic Started by Lycanstomp, Jan 06 2013 03:26 PM 2H; Weapon
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Lycanstomp
  • Lycanstomp
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
I am new to running an ELE Shaman. Everywhere I look refers me to Main Hand/Off Hand setup. But nowhere have I seen a article on advantages of one over the other. I am sure that someone here can help me understand the perceived disadvantage of holding a staff/ Thanks!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
To understand why people most often use a combination of a main-hand weapon and an off-hand frill and not a staff, let's look at the statistics provided by both possibilities (both item level 509).
As you can see, the staff brings, by itself, slightly more stats than the main-hand/off-hand combination. The only reason why people go for a main-hand/off-hand combination is because you can enchant your off-hand item with Enchant Off-Hand - Major Intellect.

Even so, the difference is minimal and if you have a staff that has an item level higher than the average item level of your main-hand and off-hand items, than you should go for the staff ;)

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

JvChequer
  • JvChequer
  • Firelord
  • LocationHUE HUE HUE BR BR
#UP

And a important fact is about upgrade system, to turn your staff in 2/2 you will spend 1,5k valor, but the main+off you will spend 3k, thats a "dps lost" because u could spend this 1,5k on other item or upgrade :)

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Rabooda
  • Rabooda
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Another interesting fact to use shields is that if you are on a normal raid group, the only ones rolling for a caster shield will be Elemental and Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins, there will be less competition.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Stoove
  • Stoove
  • Sha of Science
  • LocationUK

Another interesting fact to use shields is that if you are on a normal raid group, the only ones rolling for a caster shield will be Elemental and Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins, there will be less competition.

On the flipside, caster shields are usually horribly hard to get hold of. I cleared T13 every week for the best part of three months and didn't see a single shield drop. Not one. =]

Your raid has too many healers.

The sole test of theory is experiment. The sole test of experiment is theory.

Theorycraft, Simulationcraft, Experimentalcraft. Who says WoW and science are different?

I use this as my moderator voice.

Active Users

1 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users