FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lycanstomp

ELE Shaman: 1H vs. 2H weapon

I am new to running an ELE Shaman. Everywhere I look refers me to Main Hand/Off Hand setup. But nowhere have I seen a article on advantages of one over the other. I am sure that someone here can help me understand the perceived disadvantage of holding a staff/

Thanks!

To understand why people most often use a combination of a main-hand weapon and an off-hand frill and not a staff, let's look at the statistics provided by both possibilities (both item level 509).

As you can see, the staff brings, by itself, slightly more stats than the main-hand/off-hand combination. The only reason why people go for a main-hand/off-hand combination is because you can enchant your off-hand item with inv_misc_enchantedscroll.jpgEnchant Off-Hand - Major Intellect.

Even so, the difference is minimal and if you have a staff that has an item level higher than the average item level of your main-hand and off-hand items, than you should go for the staff ;)

#UP

And a important fact is about upgrade system, to turn your staff in 2/2 you will spend 1,5k valor, but the main+off you will spend 3k, thats a "dps lost" because u could spend this 1,5k on other item or upgrade :)

• Like 1

Another interesting fact to use shields is that if you are on a normal raid group, the only ones rolling for a caster shield will be Elemental and Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins, there will be less competition.

Another interesting fact to use shields is that if you are on a normal raid group, the only ones rolling for a caster shield will be Elemental and Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins, there will be less competition.

On the flipside, caster shields are usually horribly hard to get hold of. I cleared T13 every week for the best part of three months and didn't see a single shield drop. Not one. =]