Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Witch Doctor: zDPS Support

6 posts in this topic

A Suggestion to Mitigate the no longer viable Tiklandian Visage would be to go with the Starmetal Kukri and Halycon's Ascent Ammy. I found with my build that although sometimes you miss the opportunity to properly group some enemies(You cannot use piranhado on enemies who are mesmerized and jumping) all enemies in the area of your BBV become disable and are knocked up in the air. This will really shine for WW barbs using Strong Arms bracers.

What gems should I use for augmenting my legendary items on the support witch doctor? Vitality or Intelligence.

Also, should I put all my paragon points in Vitality (after maxing out movement speed), or should I put some in Intelligence?

You augment STR or DEX and put all paragon into VIT.

Also this guide got the stat prio for almost all items wrong. Vitality 2nd on almost every piece? You get all you need from paragon...

How come this build still uses Helltooth in 2.4.2?

The 2 piece set bonus no longer amplifies damage of your allies, so the set doesn't seem good anymore.

Sure the 4 piece set bonus is something, but using 3 slots and the jewelry slot from kanai's cube for just the 60% damage reduction seems sub-optimal.

Maybe even using defensive legendaries instead of helltooth would provide more than toughness? (Or cooldown reduction if extra toughness isin't needed)

On 8/3/2016 at 1:53 AM, Guest Lex said:

How come this build still uses Helltooth in 2.4.2?

The 2 piece set bonus no longer amplifies damage of your allies, so the set doesn't seem good anymore.

Sure the 4 piece set bonus is something, but using 3 slots and the jewelry slot from kanai's cube for just the 60% damage reduction seems sub-optimal.

Maybe even using defensive legendaries instead of helltooth would provide more than toughness? (Or cooldown reduction if extra toughness isin't needed)

Heya! Quite aware that the set doesn't buff group DPS, but Helltooth does provide a very easily applicable Slow, which is not bad for DPS members' Bane of the Trapped gems. Still, I will make a note to revisit the itemization of the build; maybe something more utility-oriented will turn up. To be completely honest though, it might be getting to a time to retire the build, as WDs have turned into one of Season 7's preferred DPS classes.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0