Damien

Witch Doctor: zDPS Support

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Witch Doctor zDPS Support Build.

A Suggestion to Mitigate the no longer viable Tiklandian Visage would be to go with the Starmetal Kukri and Halycon's Ascent Ammy. I found with my build that although sometimes you miss the opportunity to properly group some enemies(You cannot use piranhado on enemies who are mesmerized and jumping) all enemies in the area of your BBV become disable and are knocked up in the air. This will really shine for WW barbs using Strong Arms bracers.

What gems should I use for augmenting my legendary items on the support witch doctor? Vitality or Intelligence.

Also, should I put all my paragon points in Vitality (after maxing out movement speed), or should I put some in Intelligence?

You augment STR or DEX and put all paragon into VIT.

Also this guide got the stat prio for almost all items wrong. Vitality 2nd on almost every piece? You get all you need from paragon...

How come this build still uses Helltooth in 2.4.2?

The 2 piece set bonus no longer amplifies damage of your allies, so the set doesn't seem good anymore.

Sure the 4 piece set bonus is something, but using 3 slots and the jewelry slot from kanai's cube for just the 60% damage reduction seems sub-optimal.

Maybe even using defensive legendaries instead of helltooth would provide more than toughness? (Or cooldown reduction if extra toughness isin't needed)

On 8/3/2016 at 1:53 AM, Guest Lex said:

How come this build still uses Helltooth in 2.4.2?

The 2 piece set bonus no longer amplifies damage of your allies, so the set doesn't seem good anymore.

Sure the 4 piece set bonus is something, but using 3 slots and the jewelry slot from kanai's cube for just the 60% damage reduction seems sub-optimal.

Maybe even using defensive legendaries instead of helltooth would provide more than toughness? (Or cooldown reduction if extra toughness isin't needed)

Heya! Quite aware that the set doesn't buff group DPS, but Helltooth does provide a very easily applicable Slow, which is not bad for DPS members' Bane of the Trapped gems. Still, I will make a note to revisit the itemization of the build; maybe something more utility-oriented will turn up. To be completely honest though, it might be getting to a time to retire the build, as WDs have turned into one of Season 7's preferred DPS classes.

On 8/10/2016 at 3:22 AM, Deadset said:

Heya! Quite aware that the set doesn't buff group DPS, but Helltooth does provide a very easily applicable Slow, which is not bad for DPS members' Bane of the Trapped gems. Still, I will make a note to revisit the itemization of the build; maybe something more utility-oriented will turn up. To be completely honest though, it might be getting to a time to retire the build, as WDs have turned into one of Season 7's preferred DPS classes.

Using the Arachyr set instead may be more beneficial because the 4p bonus will give the Toad of Hugeness for Hex, as well as 50% damage reduction, which is less than Helltooth's 60%, but still quite significant.

Also, Rush of Essence should be switched out since 2.4.2 nerfed Haunt: Poisoned Spirit to only benefit the casting WD's damage. The exclusion of Haunt from the build only leaves Mass Confusion as the remaining spell to benefit from the passive, and it's not casted often enough to maintain Aquila Cuirass. Other Mana management passives like Blood Ritual or Spiritual Attunement seem more suitable. Swampland Attunement is also good for some personal defense.

This message is being mass-posted over the Diablo threads currently open for feedback on the site:

I will be reviewing all missed/non-answered comments and answering them, as well as passing on any information. I will also be archiving any older threads that are no longer relevant to our current displayed guides. 

Threads that are staying will be renamed to better fit the guide they are actually being used as a feedback section for, since some names are heavily outdated. 

Please bear with me while I work my way through all the threads. Thanks for your patience!

Sign in to follow this