Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pandariah

Class / Game Changes

10 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone!

Today, I'd like to post about a few changes I feel need made in-game, but couldn't pick where to post... So off-topic seemed fitting. Obviously, I'm only one person, so my opinion isn't the end-all be-all. Everyone is encouraged to chime in! Now, let's begin.

I think I'll start with Holy Paladins. My main being as such, I've tinkered with his healing quite a lot, and I must say... Holy Radiance is worthless! The mana cost to healing output is atrocious. It only heals for (roughly) 30K, and then splashes 15K to six targets within 10 yards, granting one HP and the Daybreak proc. But, right there is the problem. The range of the splash! If it were 30-40 yards, like that of other AoE heals, suddenly it's absolutely a viable heal. No buff to throughput necessary. Thoughts?

Next is something incredibly obvious. The secondary (green) stats on our gear can be (and should be) reforged to more desirable ones. The thing about that is, Blizzard is obviously putting less desirable stats on our gear, in order to force this mechanic into use. No more win and wear. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but I think we should be able to reforge 100% of the stat, instead of 50%. Charge me more gold to do so, I wouldn't mind, but this change would really give us more control of our play-styles, therefore making many happy. It would also allow for more flexibility and experimentation. Am I right? *braces for impact*

Although there are plenty of things worth a look at, I'll end this post talking about Druids. Blizzard, I have one question... Why on Earth did you take tree form away?! Yeah, we can buy or make the glyph, but why not leave the boost to healing? This also makes the incarnation Tree of Life feel pointless. You're not a tree already, so why turn into one? I even have a way to fix things, if they're honestly happy with Resto Druid performance as of now.

1) Make the Tree of Life have a 10% increase (-5) to healing, no other changes. Then make the regular tree form have a 5% increase to healing. That's it. Suddenly the underwhelming Resto performance get's a minor boost, and the incarnation has a logical outcome. Now, the answer to the people who want to look normal? Make a minor glyph that allows you to be seen as your standard form, or maybe even astral, like the boomkin minor glyph?

BAM! There you have a few of the things that have been eating at me for a while. Oh! One more, one more! Druid travel form should scale with your (ground) riding skill. That one's a duh!

Okay go! Please offer your opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Take care!

- Zokura / Xiongmushi

I moved this in the general category, as this is clearly WoW-related ;)

Thank you, Damien! Sorry about that. Wasn't thinking, now was I? :P Thank you for moving it! Hopefully we can get someone to respond. I love discussing things like this with other players. Best to you! :D

1) Holy Paladins: Do keep in mind that every single person you heal will gain an absorption bubble from your mastery and that some other AoE heals are about the same range. Resto Druids Efflorescence is an 8yd range for instance.

2) Reforging: then what would be the point of critical thinking when upgrading gear if this were the case? Blizzard could just give generic loot with no secondary stats and tell the players "You choose". That is not fun IMO, and certainly not fun for the developers making the items.

3) Resto Druid: I played a resto druid in wrath (albeit a very very short time and barely understood what was going on) but thinking back on it, I thought the Tree of life change was absolutely amazing. It gave us the burst healing we were missing and extra cooldown to rotate with tranquility. I think the spells are correct and the way it is designed to be correct, but they just need a small buff to compensate their healing numbers. On the same note in patch 5.2 Blizzard is increasing Resto Druid healing across the board by 10% (a 10% buff to any and all heals) and also adding a new mechanic to Wild Mushrooms which absorbs 75% of rejuvenations over-heal (to a specific max extra % of healing) and will bloom that extra healing when used.

Lastly: Travel From, Would be pretty OP in Arena/BG's wouldn't you think? Plus they would probably add a cast time to it and it would not be fun.

Hey Krazyito! Thank you for responding to my posts! So, time to respond. Posted Image I think I'll leave things numbered, so I don't miss things.

1) Holy Radiance. Now, I realize that it benefits from my mastery. So, that's 31% raid buffed for me. Even then, slightly under-powered. However, throughput isn't what I suggested needs improved. Range. Yes, Efflorescence has an eight yard range, just like Arcing Light, Holy Word: Sanctuary, etcetera... However, Wild Growth? Prayer of Healing? Divine Hymn? Chain Heal? Halo? Cascade? See what I'm getting at... Our AoE heal other than Light's Dawn, hits one person most of the time. Maybe two. The range is horrid, especially with the cost, cast time, and throughput. All the mechanics accounted for, I understand the cost and mediocre throughput, but the range is in need of an increase. It wouldn't make us OP considering if you spam it, Holy Power or not, you're wasting mana.

2) I definitely understand your point about reforging... But even tier gear is horrific! Healadin tier has no spirit. What?! After the emphasis on spirit this time around? You're right, total freedom (although delightful), would be too much. But it does seem lame losing valuable stats with tier. And the set bonuses are so bad now for most. I know plenty who've sharded tier because the stats and bonuses weren't worth it.

3) I've read the notes, and they're definitely doing right by druids in healing. As for the travel form in battlegrounds, that's easy... You shouldn't be able to use it, as that would indeed be overpowered. But in PvE, the continuity only makes sense... In the end, who cares, right? Flight form! Hehehe. Thanks again, sir. Posted Image

Edited by Pandariah

Not that I don't care about Holy Paladins or resto druids (I don't :P :P) I havent played either past level 50 so best not comment.

In terms of reforging I think 100% would be a bit much. By giving the choice to the player it would mean every item would become "BiS" (for that item level).

Personally (and I know some HATE it), but I like to check what gear is more optimal for my class etc, what stats I would like to take, and what boss drops the items I want. If it was 100% then I think it would just turn into bracers boss 3 helm boss 7 and it would become a "little" meaningless.

On the other hand, I have heard it mentioned that you should be able to "choose" how much you reforge. So rather than having 50% of the stats, you get perhaps choose 37% or whatever value you required. This would cause a lot less "headache" in terms of having to juggle your entire reforging of gear whenever you get a new item. For those that want to reach hit / expertise caps or particular haste points, being able to optionally change the value (up to a max of 50% still) would ensure that they could reforge much more efficiently (and more to the point quickly) without having to mess around with 6-7 items just so they get as close as possible to the cap.

I think being able to change your values yourself would actually bring a little more "thought" into it, rather than letting a reforger (likje AskMrRobot) to do it for you.

1) Holy Radiance: I suppose I understand your argument, though the key difference in some of the AoE heals is that they have a set number of targets they can reach. Holy Radiance heals everyone in range (with diminishing returns ofc) You cannot compare Divine Hymn, Halo, and Cascade because they are just simply completely different mechanic wise. For a 10-man I understand why you fret over the small range. But think how over powered that would be in a 25 man? Especially in spread out fights. You also have to think about when the spell was made. This incarnation of Holy radiance (being able to target a player) was introduced in patch 4.3 (Dragon Soul), the last patch before MoP. Holy paladins SHINED. Every single fight there were mechanics that requires your raid to stack up for a majority of the fight, and since then it was a HoT and scaled very well with haste, it would be spammed all day long. So the range increase was unnecessary.

Holy Radiance in Dragon Soul was so ridiculous that these pictures were made:

Posted Image

Posted Image

2) Yes, it would seem to be better if you could choose how much of the stats (up to a % of the total stats of course) you could reforge. Though you should think about the technical limitation of it. It would probably take a decent amount of development to implement such a feature and then they processing power to do it for the millions of people that play. I'm not saying it's impossible, just probably hard to do. There is also the option that blizzard simply does not want to give players that much control over their stats.

3)No travel form in BG/Arenas??? ARE YOU MAD!? That would remove all their potential for putting distance to get away form players or to carry the flag. I suppose you could set the run % lower when in such places, but then world pvp would be OP. and then you wouldn't be able to use it in combat.. No I think travel form is just right and we should use inv_misc_reforgedarchstone_01.jpgObsidian Nightwing if you want to shape shift and run as fast as a ground mount =P

1 person likes this

lmfao, I needed that picture in my life. I feel like this on the Warlock forums...

YOU GET AN ANSWER I'VE ALREADY MADE A GUIDE FOR, YOU GET AN ANSWER I'VE ALREADY MADE A GUIDE FOR...

hahahahah, but yes Holy Radiance was that OP in DS

That was hilarious! I love the memes and screenshot. XD It blows me away that Holy Radiance was frickin' ridiculous before! Wow. I almost wish I'd been playing during Cata for that! Lol. But people HAD to know that'd be nerfed! Too good. Now I got Oprah's voice stuck in my head.

Aside from the haste, the encounter design where everyone was pretty much stacked for the majority of the fight, is where it made it shine. Go look up Ultraxion and see the perfect example. lol