Pandariah

Class / Game Changes

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone!

Today, I'd like to post about a few changes I feel need made in-game, but couldn't pick where to post... So off-topic seemed fitting. Obviously, I'm only one person, so my opinion isn't the end-all be-all. Everyone is encouraged to chime in! Now, let's begin.

I think I'll start with Holy Paladins. My main being as such, I've tinkered with his healing quite a lot, and I must say... Holy Radiance is worthless! The mana cost to healing output is atrocious. It only heals for (roughly) 30K, and then splashes 15K to six targets within 10 yards, granting one HP and the Daybreak proc. But, right there is the problem. The range of the splash! If it were 30-40 yards, like that of other AoE heals, suddenly it's absolutely a viable heal. No buff to throughput necessary. Thoughts?

Next is something incredibly obvious. The secondary (green) stats on our gear can be (and should be) reforged to more desirable ones. The thing about that is, Blizzard is obviously putting less desirable stats on our gear, in order to force this mechanic into use. No more win and wear. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but I think we should be able to reforge 100% of the stat, instead of 50%. Charge me more gold to do so, I wouldn't mind, but this change would really give us more control of our play-styles, therefore making many happy. It would also allow for more flexibility and experimentation. Am I right? *braces for impact*

Although there are plenty of things worth a look at, I'll end this post talking about Druids. Blizzard, I have one question... Why on Earth did you take tree form away?! Yeah, we can buy or make the glyph, but why not leave the boost to healing? This also makes the incarnation Tree of Life feel pointless. You're not a tree already, so why turn into one? I even have a way to fix things, if they're honestly happy with Resto Druid performance as of now.

1) Make the Tree of Life have a 10% increase (-5) to healing, no other changes. Then make the regular tree form have a 5% increase to healing. That's it. Suddenly the underwhelming Resto performance get's a minor boost, and the incarnation has a logical outcome. Now, the answer to the people who want to look normal? Make a minor glyph that allows you to be seen as your standard form, or maybe even astral, like the boomkin minor glyph?

BAM! There you have a few of the things that have been eating at me for a while. Oh! One more, one more! Druid travel form should scale with your (ground) riding skill. That one's a duh!

Okay go! Please offer your opinions. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Take care!

- Zokura / Xiongmushi

Thank you, Damien! Sorry about that. Wasn't thinking, now was I? :P Thank you for moving it! Hopefully we can get someone to respond. I love discussing things like this with other players. Best to you! :D

1) Holy Paladins: Do keep in mind that every single person you heal will gain an absorption bubble from your mastery and that some other AoE heals are about the same range. Resto Druids Efflorescence is an 8yd range for instance.

2) Reforging: then what would be the point of critical thinking when upgrading gear if this were the case? Blizzard could just give generic loot with no secondary stats and tell the players "You choose". That is not fun IMO, and certainly not fun for the developers making the items.

3) Resto Druid: I played a resto druid in wrath (albeit a very very short time and barely understood what was going on) but thinking back on it, I thought the Tree of life change was absolutely amazing. It gave us the burst healing we were missing and extra cooldown to rotate with tranquility. I think the spells are correct and the way it is designed to be correct, but they just need a small buff to compensate their healing numbers. On the same note in patch 5.2 Blizzard is increasing Resto Druid healing across the board by 10% (a 10% buff to any and all heals) and also adding a new mechanic to Wild Mushrooms which absorbs 75% of rejuvenations over-heal (to a specific max extra % of healing) and will bloom that extra healing when used.

Lastly: Travel From, Would be pretty OP in Arena/BG's wouldn't you think? Plus they would probably add a cast time to it and it would not be fun.

Hey Krazyito! Thank you for responding to my posts! So, time to respond. Posted Image I think I'll leave things numbered, so I don't miss things.

1) Holy Radiance. Now, I realize that it benefits from my mastery. So, that's 31% raid buffed for me. Even then, slightly under-powered. However, throughput isn't what I suggested needs improved. Range. Yes, Efflorescence has an eight yard range, just like Arcing Light, Holy Word: Sanctuary, etcetera... However, Wild Growth? Prayer of Healing? Divine Hymn? Chain Heal? Halo? Cascade? See what I'm getting at... Our AoE heal other than Light's Dawn, hits one person most of the time. Maybe two. The range is horrid, especially with the cost, cast time, and throughput. All the mechanics accounted for, I understand the cost and mediocre throughput, but the range is in need of an increase. It wouldn't make us OP considering if you spam it, Holy Power or not, you're wasting mana.

2) I definitely understand your point about reforging... But even tier gear is horrific! Healadin tier has no spirit. What?! After the emphasis on spirit this time around? You're right, total freedom (although delightful), would be too much. But it does seem lame losing valuable stats with tier. And the set bonuses are so bad now for most. I know plenty who've sharded tier because the stats and bonuses weren't worth it.

3) I've read the notes, and they're definitely doing right by druids in healing. As for the travel form in battlegrounds, that's easy... You shouldn't be able to use it, as that would indeed be overpowered. But in PvE, the continuity only makes sense... In the end, who cares, right? Flight form! Hehehe. Thanks again, sir. Posted Image

Edited by Pandariah

Not that I don't care about Holy Paladins or resto druids (I don't :P :P) I havent played either past level 50 so best not comment.

In terms of reforging I think 100% would be a bit much. By giving the choice to the player it would mean every item would become "BiS" (for that item level).

Personally (and I know some HATE it), but I like to check what gear is more optimal for my class etc, what stats I would like to take, and what boss drops the items I want. If it was 100% then I think it would just turn into bracers boss 3 helm boss 7 and it would become a "little" meaningless.

On the other hand, I have heard it mentioned that you should be able to "choose" how much you reforge. So rather than having 50% of the stats, you get perhaps choose 37% or whatever value you required. This would cause a lot less "headache" in terms of having to juggle your entire reforging of gear whenever you get a new item. For those that want to reach hit / expertise caps or particular haste points, being able to optionally change the value (up to a max of 50% still) would ensure that they could reforge much more efficiently (and more to the point quickly) without having to mess around with 6-7 items just so they get as close as possible to the cap.

I think being able to change your values yourself would actually bring a little more "thought" into it, rather than letting a reforger (likje AskMrRobot) to do it for you.

1) Holy Radiance: I suppose I understand your argument, though the key difference in some of the AoE heals is that they have a set number of targets they can reach. Holy Radiance heals everyone in range (with diminishing returns ofc) You cannot compare Divine Hymn, Halo, and Cascade because they are just simply completely different mechanic wise. For a 10-man I understand why you fret over the small range. But think how over powered that would be in a 25 man? Especially in spread out fights. You also have to think about when the spell was made. This incarnation of Holy radiance (being able to target a player) was introduced in patch 4.3 (Dragon Soul), the last patch before MoP. Holy paladins SHINED. Every single fight there were mechanics that requires your raid to stack up for a majority of the fight, and since then it was a HoT and scaled very well with haste, it would be spammed all day long. So the range increase was unnecessary.

Holy Radiance in Dragon Soul was so ridiculous that these pictures were made:

Posted Image

Posted Image

2) Yes, it would seem to be better if you could choose how much of the stats (up to a % of the total stats of course) you could reforge. Though you should think about the technical limitation of it. It would probably take a decent amount of development to implement such a feature and then they processing power to do it for the millions of people that play. I'm not saying it's impossible, just probably hard to do. There is also the option that blizzard simply does not want to give players that much control over their stats.

3)No travel form in BG/Arenas??? ARE YOU MAD!? That would remove all their potential for putting distance to get away form players or to carry the flag. I suppose you could set the run % lower when in such places, but then world pvp would be OP. and then you wouldn't be able to use it in combat.. No I think travel form is just right and we should use inv_misc_reforgedarchstone_01.jpgObsidian Nightwing if you want to shape shift and run as fast as a ground mount =P

• Like 1

lmfao, I needed that picture in my life. I feel like this on the Warlock forums...

YOU GET AN ANSWER I'VE ALREADY MADE A GUIDE FOR, YOU GET AN ANSWER I'VE ALREADY MADE A GUIDE FOR...

hahahahah, but yes Holy Radiance was that OP in DS

That was hilarious! I love the memes and screenshot. XD It blows me away that Holy Radiance was frickin' ridiculous before! Wow. I almost wish I'd been playing during Cata for that! Lol. But people HAD to know that'd be nerfed! Too good. Now I got Oprah's voice stuck in my head.

Aside from the haste, the encounter design where everyone was pretty much stacked for the majority of the fight, is where it made it shine. Go look up Ultraxion and see the perfect example. lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      Here comes the big one, as yesterday's hotfixes were just a warmup and today we have the main event. We have the profession high item level requirements change from yesterday reverted, Expulsom tweaks for recipes, returning Scouting Maps, another big wave of Azerite Trait changes this time in PvE, while PvP gets a whole lot of class changes and fixes.
      December 12 (source)
      Classes
      Monk Windwalker Good Karma no longer incorrectly increases Touch of Karma 's absorption.  
      Dungeons and Raids
      Uldir Vectis Fixed a bug causing Vectis to cast an extra Contagion prior to casting Liquefy. Items
      Scouting maps that teach flight paths to your alts have returned to the Honorbound and 7th Legion vendors. Island Flotsam will now correctly change to Dented Coin s when a Horde character changes to Alliance. Dented Coins will now correctly change to Island Flotsam when an Alliance character swaps to Horde. Heart of Azeroth Fixed a bug that caused damage effects such as Laser Matrix and Ricocheting Inflatable Pyrosaw to target enemies that were crowd-controlled. Good Karma no longer incorrectly increases Touch of Karma 's absorption. Healing from Glimmer of Light is now correctly modified by Mastery: Lightbringer . Echoing Blades ’ Fan of Knives explosion now always critically hits. Its base damage has been reduced by 75%. Developers’ note: This change allows the trait to scale with the talent Master Assassin in a more reasonable way. The total reduction of the Echo comes out to around 50%, with some variance depending on your Critical Strike chance. Missions
      Fixed a bug that caused Treasure Map missions to expire in 8 hours. They now expire in 72 hours. Developers’ note: This won’t affect missions that are currently in a player’s mission list, only newly-created missions. Professions
      Reverted yesterday's change to require Profession skill for using high iLvl crafted items. A number of recipes have been adjusted so that the Expulsom required by the recipe matches the amount of Expulsom returned when you scrapped the crafted item. Player versus Player
      Fixed a bug that caused players who have earned seasonal Gladiator achievements in Legion: Season 5 and Battle for Azeroth: Season 1 to not earn the Gladiator achievement. Death Knight Unholy Fixed an issue that caused the Zombie summoned by Reanimation (PvP Talent) to have more health than 5. Fixed a bug that caused Necrotic Strike 's initial damage to not be increased by Mastery: Dreadblade . Fixed a bug that could cause Necrotic Strike to apply too large of a healing absorb against non-player targets. Fixed a bug that caused the heal generated by Life and Death (PvP Talent) to be a critical heal. Fixed a bug that caused the heal of Life and Death to be larger than 10% of a heal cast on a target with your Festering Wound . Paladin Holy Cleanse the Weak will no longer incorrectly cause Cleanse to go on cooldown when it removes effects from friendly targets. Retribution Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm no longer deal reduced damage to enemy players. Priest Discipline Resolved an issue that caused Power Word: Shield 's value to be lower than intended when engaged in combat with enemy players. Power Word: Shield absorbs an additional 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players. Developers’ note: Shadow Priests’ Power Word: Shield was unaffected by the above and is unchanged. Shadow Fixed a bug that caused Greater Fade to be removed by Shadowy Apparitions . Rogue Fixed a bug that caused Vanish to end before the normal duration when taking damage and harmful effects. Assassination, Subtlety Fixed a bug that caused Subterfuge to not be applied when attacking during Vanish. World Quests
      Captured Zandalari no longer knockback NPCs during “Azerite Mining ”. Fixed an issue where Fozruk can sometimes fail to grant you World Quest credit. Fixed a bug that could remove a player from their manasaber mount on “Ley Race ”. Previous hotfixes.
    • By Stan
      Redditor Makesmashgreatagain noticed after 8.1 went live that ilvl 385 crafted items no longer work if you abandoned the profession used to craft them.
      Update: This was an unintended bug that was recently reverted.
      Placeholder for tweet 1072993206856380416 Emblazoned Deep Sea Breeches now require Zandalari Tailoring (110) as depicted in the screenshot below. The player switched to Alchemy/Enchanting and after Tides of Vengeance, the crafted item was red and gave no stats. The change was omitted from the official patch notes. We don't know at this time if it's just a bug or intended.

(Source)
    • By Stan
      Tides of Vengeance is now live and our hub contains all the latest information!
      Welcome to our Tides of Vengeance hub. Here, you'll find all the latest information about Battle for Azeroth's first content patch 8.1. 
      Introduction
      Patch 8.1 titled Tides of Vengeance was pushed to PTR on September 21. The patch went live on December 11. You can check out our latest coverage by visiting the links below:
      Tides of Vengeance Patch Notes Class Guides for Patch 8.1 Tides of Vengeance Survival Guide New Patch 8.1 Folder Structure List of Known Issues [8.1] Crafted Gear Now Requires the Profession to Equip Artifact Power Catchup Disabled Until January 22 New Food in Tides of Vengeance Not all content will be available immediately upon launch and you can find the full unlock schedule here.
      PTR Coverage
      This section contains old PTR news coverage.
      Patch 8.1 Build #28616
      Patch 8.1 Build 28616 Highlights Highmountain Tauren Druid New Moonkin Incarnation Form Heritage Armor (Official Preview) Azerite Reforging Blue Posts Island Rewards Update Pet Battle Dungeon: Gnomeregan (Official Preview) Patch 8.1 Build #28440
      G.M.O.D. Mount Preview Ivus (New Darkshore World Boss) Darkshore Introduction Questline (Horde PoV) Patch 8.1: Dungeon Difficulty & Rewards Increase Patch 8.1 Heritage Armor (Official Preview) Tabards Account-Wide in Patch 8.1 Patch 8.1 Build #28366
      Patch 8.1 Build 28366 Highlights Mythic Jaina Mount Preview XP Per Level Nerfs & Leveling Improvements Patch 8.1 Build #28294
      Patch 8.1 Build 28294 Highlights Patch 8.1 Build 28294: Mechanical Parrot Mount Patch 8.1 Build #28202
      Patch 8.1 Build 28202: Tyrande's Ascension Scenario (Alliance PoV) Patch 8.1 Build 28202: New Horde War Campaign Overview Patch 8.1 Build 28202: Warfront Vendors & Commendations Patch 8.1 Build 28202: Frog Mounts Purchasable for 333,333 Gold Each Battle of Dazar'alor Sets Preview Patch 8.1 Build 28202: New Azerite Traits Patch 8.1 Build 28202: New Dubloon Trader (Island Expeditions Vendor) Hunters Can Tame Blood Beasts in Patch 8.1 Glory of the Dazar'alor Raider Reward Mythic+ Season 2 Affix: Reaping Azerite Armor Acqusition in Patch 8.1: New Mythic+ Currency The Fate of Saurfang Story: Alternative Ending Added in Build 28202 Battle of Dazar'alor: Unique Raid Flashback Mechanic Patch 8.1 Build #28151
      Patch 8.1 Build 28151: Overview Patch 8.1 Build 28151: Blood Elf Heritage Armor Patch 8.1 Build 28151: Marksmanship Hunter Changes Patch 8.1 Build 28151: Restoration Shaman Changes Patch 8.1 Build 28151: Marsh Hopper Mounts Upcoming Shadow Priest Changes The Story of Varok Saurfang in Patch 8.1 Orc Running Animation Updated Patch 8.1 Build #28048
      Patch 8.1 Build 28048 Overview Patch 8.1 Build #27985
      Patch 8.1 Build 27985 Overview Patch 8.1 Build 27985: New Creature Models Patch 8.1 Build 27985: New Paladin Animations Patch 8.1 Build 27985: Solo Queue for Legion Raids Enabled Patch 8.1 Build 27985: Dwarf Heritage Armor Preview Patch 8.1 Build 27985: Siege of Zuldazar Weapons Patch 8.1 Build #27826
      Patch 8.1 Build 27826 Overview (Datamined Broadcast Text, Zones, Strings, Scenarios) *Spoilers* Patch 8.1 Build 27286: Vol'jin's Story Continues (Datamined Broadcast Text Analysis) *Spoilers* Patch 8.1 Build 27826: New Creature Models Patch 8.1 Build 27286: New Night Elf Warrior Customization Options Patch 8.1 Build 27286: New Druid Forms (Highmountain Tauren/Kul Tiran Moonkin Forms, Zandalari Aquatic Form) Patch 8.1 Build 27286: Kul Tiran Horse Racial Mount Patch 8.1 Build 27286: Nightsaber Mounts Patch 8.1 Build 27286: The Hivemind Mount Returns Patch 8.1 Build 27286: Vicious PvP Mounts Patch 8.1 Content
      Blizzard recently announced improvements to Azerite Armor acquisition from Mythic+. You can find more details here. Heritage Armor will be added for non-Allied Races; Blood Elves & Dwarves are first on the list. There's no reputation grind behind this. If you're at max level and Exalted with Ironforge/Blood Elves, you can start the quest and complete a scenario to get your Heritage Armor. Reputation Paragon for BfA factions is coming. Champions of Azeroth reputation will be made account-wide. Incursions are a new feature similar to Legion assaults. Darkshore Warfront (Night Elves vs Forsaken theme) The outdoor zone will be updated just like Arathi Highlands with new quests, rares, etc. War Campaign continues with the Alliance leading a direct strike at the Zandalari Fleet. We can expect two new raids in 8.1: Siege of Zuldazar is a nine-boss raid where the foe is the opposing faction. Alliance players will join Jaina and her forces to fight their way up to the pyramid to confront Rastakhan. Horde players will try to defend the pyramid, fighting Jaina in the High Seas as the final boss. Crucible of Storms is a two-boss raid located under Shrine of the Storm that hints at Queen Azshara. It's Battle for Azeroth's "Trial of Valor" raid. Allied Races: Kul Tirans and Zandalari Trolls will become available for gameplay after the Siege of Zuldazar raid. You can find more details about how to unlock them here. Two New Islands: Jorundall (Vrykul-themed Island) & Havenswood (Gilnean-themed Island) Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon Profession Changes New Scenarios Tyrande's Ascension - players will unlok new Night Elf Warrior customization options with dark eyes. Cooking Scenario with Nomi Unknown Tol Dagor Scenario Heritage Armor Scenarios Vol'jin's Story Continues - The Shadow Hunter is looking for answers in 8.1 as he tries to figure out why he appointed Sylvanas for Warchief. Allied Races
      You will be able to unlock Legion Allied Races faster in Patch 8.1.
      Class Changes
      Multiple Classes are subject to changes in Patch 8.1. These include Elemental Shamans, Shadow Priests, and Protection Warriors. So far, Blizzard outlined plans for Elemental Shamans. They haven't decided what to do with Protection Warriors just yet.
      Elemental Shaman Changes Model Updates
      Draenei totems received new models with a higher polygon count in 8.1.
      Draenei Shaman Totems Model Update Interviews/Livestreams
      Game Director Ion Hazzikostas unveiled Patch 8.1 on September 18.
      Tides of Vengeance Livestream with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas Tides of Vengeance Live Developer Q&A with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas Tides of Vengeance is Battle for Azeroth's first major content patch and we created a hub to keep track of everything.
    • By Stan
      An overview of new food added in Tides of Vengeance.
      Visit your faction's Cooking trainers  "Cap'n" Byron Mehlsack in Boralus or T'sarah the Royal Chef in Dazar'alor to learn new Cooking recipes added in Patch 8.1:
      Rank 1&2 Recipes
      Boralus Blood Sausage (Rank 1) - Increases your primary stat by 85 for 1 hour. Creates 5x Boralus Blood Sausage. Honey Potpie - Slow melee attackers' movement speed by 30% for 1 hour. Creates 5x Honey Potpie. Sanguinated Feast (Rank 1) - Increases your primary stat by 100 for 1 hour. Seasoned Steak and Potatoes (Rank 1) - Increases Stamina by 150 for 1 hour. Creates 5x Seasoned Steak and Potatoes. Seasoned Steak and Potatoes (Rank 2) - Available at Cooking Trainers. Creates 7x Seasoned Steak and Potatoes. Wild Berry Bread (Rank 1) - Increases Stamina by 112 for 1 hour. Creates 5x Wild Berry Bread. Wild Berry Bread (Rank 2) - Available at Cooking Trainers. Creates 7x Wild Berry Bread. Rank 2 Recipes
      The following patters can be purchased at Exalted with Tortollan Seekers.
      Boralus Blood Sausage (Rank 2) - Requires Exalted with Tortollan Seekers. Creates 7x Boralus Blood Sausage. Sanguinated Feast (Rank 2) - Requires Exalted with Tortollan Seekers. Rank 3 Recipes
      The new Sanguicell feast and other Rank 3 recipes can be looted from the Tortollan Seekers Reputation Paragon cache. Some are available at Exalted with Tortollan Seekers.
      Boralus Blood Sausage (Rank 3) - The pattern can be looted from Tortollan Seekers Supplies (Reputation Paragon Cache). Creates 10x Boralus Blood Sausage. Sanguinated Feast (Rank 3) - Can be looted from Tortollan Seekers Supplies (Reputation Paragon Cache). Drastically reduces the amount of ingredients needed to create the feast. Seasoned Steak and Potatoes (Rank 3) - Requires Exalted with Tortollan Seekers. Creates 10x Seasoned Steak and Potatoes. Wild Berry Bread (Rank 3) - Requires Exalted with Tortollan Seekers. Creates 10x Wild Berry Bread.
    • By Stan
      At Battle of Azeroth launch, Blizzard introduced an Artifact Power catchup mechanism that reduced the amount of Artifact Power required to level up the Heart of Azeroth. The catchup mechanism has been disabled on 8.1 launch and will be re-enabled when the new raid opens on January 22.
      Intent of the catchup was to help players with unlocking Season 1 Azerite powers. It will resume doing so when the new Azerite Armor with the fifth ring and new traits becomes available on January 22. Placeholder for tweet 1072914797392359424