Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Quick subtelty rogue question

4 posts in this topic

Just a quick question, is it better to have more FW uptime, or to line vanish up with SD?

From what I've seen on the Mythic logs they use for both, but seem to give priority using Vanish with SD.

Last post Carrn said it was all about the burst, so I suppose you do best lining up with SD/SR (and everything else involved) and casting Vanish whenever it's available for the FW window - saving up for forthcoming bursts.

Edited by lipsinch

You can hold on to Vanish for 6s to line up with SD and for 12 to line up with SD + SR

ive been trying both tactics on some bosses now and it seems like my dps is higher when i keep a higher FW uptime? lucky coincidence or actually better? lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Belfort

I am in a bit of a tight spot at the moment, I really struggle to understand/learn the current assassination spec. I know i'm doing something wrong, as reading on the forums ass is god-like, insane damage and shit. The thing is i get blown to pieces by quite a few classes. 1 stun and i'm gone. Outside evasion almost all melee classes are instant detonation. Maybe with the except of other rogues. 
      Take the DH,
      I get 100-0 in the AOE stun. It goes through evasion and cloak. I realize that it's a rock -paper- thingy but most of their damage seems unavoidable. Outside evasion i'm dead. I've tried everything, I can bring them down to 10-20% and "puff" they are back to 80% health. The evasion is used to survive the first 8 secs. If not popped i'll instantly die. 
      They seem to clear DOTS randomly, they have some kind of evasion so landing the full kidney-shot misses a lot. Their ranged attack hits 8-9 times harder than mine, so kiting their burst is impossible. Vanishing is impossible, as i can be spotted instantly and my stun DR's are already up.
      Almost all classes just use trinket on the cheap shot and they don't seemed to be "punished" for at all! there is no consequence like there used be.
      The stealth seems to break out of frekin nowhere, latency is now working to the laggers advantage, as in, unless i'm 1m ahead of the target my stuns wont landl, i just end up doing a stupid animation!

If we ignore the mandatory l2p, I would appreciate some advice!
      I played since vanilla and got my shoulders and all that, I know my way around a handful of classes. This expansions pvp “balance” or complete lack of, just seems odd. 
    • By Doku
      I'm trying to get back into dps. I've been tanking since cata and I'd like to try my hand at dps'ing again. I feel like I should be pulling higher numbers but I just can't get them up. Any advise?
    • By Moooooooon
      This is a link to my armoury:
      These are the logs of my hc progress (sadly only nyth) where i greatly under performed:
      My rotation revolves around fist weaving and using as much thunder focus brews as i can, getting resets on Rising Sun Kick. My main healing spells are the 2 HOTs Enveloping mists and renewing mists, and i use my cooldowns when i see fit.
      As i realised though, i am not really performing well and i would really appreciate someone with a lot more experience than myself to help me. All help is welcome, i just want to get better! 
    • By Mulajin
      Hate to be another needy fellow who is having a hard time analyzing the logs, but I'm trying to dig through and see what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find it all...
      I have Greenskins Waterlogged bracers, so i've thrown BttE into the rotation (when I remember to check the CD) and follow with the next PS proc (hopefully Blunderbuss!) that's my only rotation variation I'm attempting. I havent been using ghostly strike, because I have a terrible time remembering to keep it up, but I'm going to try again. (I wasn't specced  with GS for these logs) 
      I think I might be having an issue with casting PS/BB too much, but I'm sure there are other issues.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      ShadowCraft: (SC seems to be weird, is it not yet fully capable of handling all the ilvl variations?)
      Thanks a bunch guys.
      Edit: note: I know I'm using old pots/flasks, I'm a bit behind on being able to upgrade, so I'm currently only using current pots/flasks on some occasions. 
    • By zanpander
      so im 848 ilvl and in mythics i do around 150k-200k dps  but mostly on the low end  is this normal ? 
      rotation  the icy veins rotation 
      warcraft log ( im new to making logs so idk if i messed this up or not )