4 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
[Legion] Leveling for main spec healers: what spec to choose
I already leveled a resto shaman on Beta to lvl 110 some time ago and was waiting to be closer to prepatch to write about my leveling experience and give some tips to fellow healers but today found out that Dayani already did it in her great and deep article "Legion Beta: Leveling as a Healer – The Surprising Result I Can’t Explain and You Won’t Believe!" (all credit goes to Dayani).
I highly recommend to read the article and confirm that my experience in leveling was pretty much the same up to level 110.
For those who prefer it short:
1. There's no noticeable difference in efficiency whether you choose to level in resto or ele spec.
2. There is a difference in leveling approach:
- ele shaman is much more fragile and has to take healing/drinking breaks but the playstile is more engaging.
- resto shaman is literally unkillable, time to kill regular mobs is pretty similar to ele but killing fat mobs and elites takes ages due to lack of dps CDs/totems.
- choose you personal preference: higher dps but more time between pulls vs lower dps with no breaks between pulls. The difference in dps is not that big: I'd say most of time it's about 20-30%.
3. On level 102 you will get your off-spec Artifacts (quests in the Class Order Hall) so don't worry about being stuck in dps spec until 110 level or not being able to heal leveling dungeons.
4. The waste majority of Artifact power you will gain, are usable items so just switch to the "right" spec to apply them (you automatically switch to the appropriate Artifact when changing spec).
There are some quests that apply Artifact power to your currently equipped Artifact right away but it's such a minor amount of power, you shouldn't bother about it.
5. Artifact Relics: Every time you'll see a Relic choice as a quest reward, you can switch specs to check how it changes (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't) and make your decision. Then just grab the reward in appropriate spec.
6. You can upgrade your off-spec (dps) Artifact during leveling: the amount of Power used to activate traits growth exponential in the way that activating first 13 traits on off weapon will take less Power than activating Trait 14 on the main weapon.
You can check the math in this thread (thanks and credit goes to Zagam).
7. Better not to spread activated traits between different lines of progression on your main Artifact during leveling: in this case the price of your first Gold Trait would be pretty much unbearable. Choose one line and fill it up to the Gold Trait that will boost your healing in a powerful way.
8. I'd suggest to use Artifact Calculator before spending Power because to drop and rearrange currently activated traits will cost you the last applied amount of Power (at least in the current Beta build, meaning: if the last activated trait costed you 340 Power - it will be the cost of rearrangement, if the last activated trait costed you 15000 Power - it will be the price).
TL;DR: level in whatever spec you want, it wouldn't affect in any way your end-game experience. The leveling efficiency (time spent) is roughly the same for both healing and dps specs.
[Stormrage][A] <Over Raided> HFC: 13/13M, DPS
About Us: <Over Raided> is a semi-hardcore raiding guild on US-Stormrage that was officially created in Mists of Pandaria. Our goal has always been to find the fine line between hardcore raiding and still having fun and enjoying each other’s company. We take our raids seriously and do not waste time, but that doesn’t stop us from joking around with one another during raid. We have a very friendly (note: we are not exactly family-friendly) atmosphere that has kept people around. One thing we are proud of as a guild is that we have a very low turnover rate and many loyal members who have stuck with us from the beginning. We are currently looking for people with similar goals who can attend raids consistently and who can meet the expectations required of mythic raiders.
Meet the attendance requirement Know your class - this means being able to play more than one spec at a mythic level Be able to communicate reliably and consistently when needed Have a stable internet connection Be willing to check forums once every few days Be prepared with raiding supplies - the guild bank supplies these but isn't meant to be relied upon Actually WANT to raid. If you're not having fun, don't bring other people down and just take a break
Progression: 13/13M HFC
Raid Schedule – Eastern Time (EST)
Attendance Policy: Raiders must maintain 90% attendance at all times. Consistency in the raid roster is one of most important things in a mythic raiding guild. If you cannot commit to this attendance requirement, we are not the guild for you.
How to apply: Go to our website at http://over-raided.enjin.com and review our guild policies on the top menu. After that, simply submit a private application form, which can also be found at the top menu.
Loot System: We use the EPGP Lootmaster addon to distribute loot.
Currently recruiting: Warlock Warrior DK Hunter Rogue Mage If your class isn't listed here but you're still interested, feel free to apply, or contact one of us. Contact Information: GM: Adorele (Squee#1987) Raid Leader: Rukoshi (Rukoshi#1218) Officer: Unsafe (Jish#1863)
[Stormrage][A] <Scheme> HFC: 13/13 M, Heals
[Alliance] <Scheme> - Stormrage is a Weekend Mythic 20 man guild.
Past Expansion History
11/14H (Pre 6.0) 14/14M (Post 6.0) - SoO 2014 13/13M (Pre 7.0) - HFC 2016
We are a raiding guild looking for raiders that will be committed and show up to raid!
Our raid schedule
We raid Friday and Saturday 11-2am EST (Server)
(8-11pm PST / 9-12am MST / 10-1am CST)
Raids may extend an hour or so past raid call during progression.
Our Current Needs
Priest - Disc (Disc in HFC)(Holy in Legion) Monk - MW Paladin - Holy Druid - Resto Requirements for HFC
735+ ilvl Legendary Ring 11/13M+ HFC
We are currently looking for 1-2 Healers for the rest of HFC and intoLegion.
Be Raid Aware. Know your surroundings. Be able to take constructive criticism!
Loot Council (RC Loot Council Addon)
You can apply at our site http://schemeguild.us or contact people below.
Contacts (Apply on our website first!)
GM: Skéllz - Skellz#11314
RL: Serengeist - Azuregeist#1874
[Argent Dawn][A] JUSTAPPROVED-Lookin
g for new members
Greetings reader! Justapproved is a newly founded guild by two friends looking to create a casual social guild, for pvp, raids, achivment hunts and all other things WoW has to offer. We are looking to create a tight knitted guild, where you can come in and relax after work and hang out with friends.
What you can expect from us is active and social guildies whom are friendly and helpful, always up for helping eachother out. We are also looking to put together a 10 man raiding team for casual raiding 1-2 days a week.
However, social and pvp members are more then welcomed to join aswell. But since we're trying to build something long lasting, we have a few requirments;
:-Since we're not really PG13 in our VOIP, we're ONLY looking for people over the age of 20 who have thick skin, if not we recommend you look elsewhere.
:-Teamspeak! We're using teamspeak as our main VOIP atm, might change in the future. Who knows, but we recommend downloading that before applying for the raiding team. (*Owning a headset. Of course, having a headset with a mic is required for obvious reasons.)
:-Being active! We're looking for peolpe who are going to be active members. Not 24/7 ofcourse .. .>(^.^).>
:-Loyalty. Once you've been accepted into the group, you're part of the family.
:-Last and not least, English! We strongly advice you to apply only if you speak English fluently.
So with this, I bid you farewell. You can either leave a comment or message me privately on the forum or on battlenet. ( Bjunkis#2957 )
Looking to Refer someone (RAF) to WoW [US] on barthilas, Horde =)
Hi, looking to recruit someone to WoW ((US)) to level together with the awesome 300% xp RAF buff =) if i get the mount out of it will be a nice bonus lol.
Where: Region - US; SERVER: Barthilas (Horde) or Frostmourne (alliance)
How: we get a 300% xp buff for 1 month if we level together, so let's get the most out of it! My guildies will probably run us through some dungeons every now and then or we can queue together. I prefer to heal or dps, so if u like tanking would be super, but if not i can try lololol.
When: it's on AUssie serviers, so server time mornings or US evenings. any day except saturday and sunday lol. (provided work emergencies don't pop up lol)
About me: am russian/polish working in china, playing wow on aussie server and swtor on US servers lol. Am generally friendly, but have low tolerance for a**hats and ganking =)
What we give each other:
the RAF superlevel bonus lol
What i provide for you:
- around 3 hours of leveling a day unless one of us is at work; (doesn't matter if frostmourne or barthilas)
- about 5k gold for your heirlooms; (only barthilas)
- company & conversation lol;
- possibly a guild invite if you are interested. (only barthilas)
What you have to do yourself:
- contact me if you are interested lol.
- buy the game of course x.x (i am working in china until september so i only have unionpay card and so battle.net, amazon and so on do not accept it.)
- let me know what class / race you are interested in playing so i can figure out if i need to make a new toon to play with u =)
- be a decent human being lol :P
Contact me on skype: mynameak