Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EdwardBrentnall

New Patch?

3 posts in this topic

So I tried logging in today. Yesterday 2/5/13, they did maintenance, and i think there was a small patch download, as i have found out to be 5.1.0a . unfortunately I am on a college wifi which blocks all blizzard downloads, so i have to use a patch mirror. Can anyone find a working one for me, and tell me how to use it? I found one on wowpedia for the small patch and downloaded the zip, but i am clueless after that. I tried dragging the zip into the application itself but what should be the loading screen, just says initializing and doesnt continue further.

you have to extract the zip file... but im not sure where too! try to look it up or fiddle around.

When you download the zip file and extract it you will generally see an executable file that you can use to update the client. Windows has a built in zip file extraction and viewing so it should be no problem to do this. . . if you want you can look up 7zip and use that program as it is free and opensource.

Your college is likely blocking all p2p ports so you may still be able to download by opening the WoW launcher then clicking on "options" and then "downloader preferences" and finally uncheck the box that says "enable peer to peer transfer" Save the changes by clicking ok and then close the launcher and open it back up again. Hopefully the HTTP download will function through the client and you can still patch but this will be a bit slower on very large patches as you will only be able to use a limited amount of bandwidth to download the patch.

Edited by NightShade

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• Deck "Secrets Paladin and variants" being a cancer on the ladder
      By DeclaredSnow
      Hello.
      I am absolutely being wrecked on the ladders by the Secrets Paladin decks. I am playing variants of legendary shaman cont, tempo mage and several paladin decks.
      My guess is using the "eater of secrets"  card. but I don't seem to have a good idea how to put it in a deck.

the secrets are not that hard to foresee, but I lose my board control or hand and don't have the time to regain any position before its to late.  
      any advice for me? or links to existing decks would be appreciated.
       Thanks!

DS.
    • Research Survey For College Student
      By collegechic
      Hello,

I am a college student studying communications. I am currently taking a communications theory class and I need some help! I am writing a case study on WoW using symbolic interactionism to understand realism and relationships inside of WoW. If you could take my short 12 question survey it would be a HUGE help. I am trying to get more players of the game to make my results more diverse. As well I hope to compare the answers from non-players to players. Thank you so much to whoever helps out!! 

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LKHFPZ5

• [713] Frost Mage Help
      By Cyniikal
      Hey, I've never posted here before, but seeing as Altered-Time seems to be pretty dead, and I couldn't find another ElitistJerks-esque site, I figured you guys might be able to help me.

I've been sort of disappointed with my DPS as of late, and was wondering if I was doing something drastically wrong. I have some logs

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bajHCPVpMZkDdBAv
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1Xtj76xg9QLJaCNT

I know they are RF logs, but my DPS was about the same in heroic HFC, yet I parsed FAR lower. I suppose that has to do with the calibre of players in raidfinder, or maybe itemization and gear (Most heroic raiders seem to have their class trinket and 2/4pc at my ilvl). 

I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could help out, as I feel kind of crappy. I never felt like this in Highmaul when I did mythic stuff, maybe I'm just rusty? Or did the spec change greatly in 6.2.3 with better gear?
    • Need subtley guidance & DPS help (PvE)
      By PoolBoy
      Hey everyone, so I see a lot of these posted on here but they all seem very specific per character and gear set up. I'll just jump right into it.
      So I am returning from a year or so off playing wow and decided to use my 100 boost for a Sub rogue. My original plan was to build my rogue for Pvp but changed my mind half way and wanted to swap to a more PvE based build. So a lot of my gear is for Pvp as you can see in my armory (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkspear/P%C3'> and it's been very frustrating trying to make the switch because when trying to go into Normal HFC raids, I get kicked for low DPS or am at the bottom of the DPS boards and it's very discouraging. So I wanted to reach out and seek help from some rogues who have some more experience and skill & maybe get some guidance so I can better my own skill and increase my DPS immensely.
      Now for all the numbers and my rotation- so for my opening rotation I go with:
      Premed > SnD > Ambush > Shadow Reflection > Rupture > Shadow Dance > Ambush till 5 Cp > Evis and then follow with backstab to gain Cp and keep my SnD and Rupture up with refreshing them within that 7 second time window of them wearing off and fit in a few Eviscerates in there if I'm not rushing to keep up my SnD and Rupture.
      - I'm averaging around 18k-20k DPS on the training dummy which is very low I feel especially compared to some of the numbers I see other rogues putting out.
      So now I ask for your help in increasing my DPS and helping me with my PVP - PVE shift moving onward. Anything is appreciated and I'll be more Han happy to supply any information that can help you help me.
      thanks a ton! (:
    • Warrior transmog
      By Aastus2
      I need this back as quick as I can get an answer I'm wondering if you can trnsmog the legendary wepon u get from icc