Topic Details

Affliction Lock Question

9 replies to this topic Started by Wulfy, Feb 10 2013 11:29 PM Haste Breakpoints
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Wulfy
  • Wulfy
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Hey guys. I've been searching under a-lot of the top geared warlocks and I'm finding a juggle between locks either going for the 4717 or the 6637 haste breakpoints. Just wondering peoples opinions? What do you think would be best for my gear? http://eu.battle.net...r/Wuffsy/simple

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Gravyspasm
  • Gravyspasm
  • Grand Master
  • LocationCoral Springs, Florida. USA. Earth.
what incredibly bad luck you've had with a main hand.

“I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Previously a.k.a Augos @ Deathwing/Ravenholdt/Shadowsong/Garrosh/Turalyon servers.

Rrr2sRU.png

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Wulfy
  • Wulfy
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Hahaha. Correct you are sir, Correct you are.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
There aren't any major thresholds to worry about. I did some iterations with this and studied how they interacted...the only time a threshold would exist would be if you would cast a DoT and let it run it's entire course, which we know won't happen as long as you update your DoTs with their increased spell power. While I wish all the graces I possibly can towards you getting a new weapon...Seeing you have only 5.5k spell power hurts my soul seeing the rest of your gear. I used to think I was the bad luck junkie. Anyways, keep your haste and mastery close. My guess is your DPS is wavering or lower than you might think it should be, but I can promise you that's a factor of your spell power. SP's weight is about 3.6, so you're missing out on about 2000 * 3.6 DPS (about 7200).

Raid Leader of <Semi Respectable> - US-Mal'Ganis, 14/14H

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/icyveinszagam

Gear, Parses, and Achievements - WoW-Heroes Profile & Rankings

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!  Bring your whole guild's logs - I'll fix all of you!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

Wulfy
  • Wulfy
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Thanks for the answer dude!. Yeah, I basically leveled this alt for my guild as we needed a warlock and so my gear is pretty good for the time I've spent raiding. I'll admit though my soul dies a little inside every-time I spend my coin on Tsulong for the caster sword, and I get LOOT!.... Cloth shoulders. 3 Times now!. I will keep trying for a new weapon but back to the main question, It's basically personal preference then? or is it better to just stick with 4717 due to reapplying empowered dots often and not getting the max benefit of extra dot ticks anyhow?.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
No, don't shoot for thresholds. At all. Just keep Haste and Mastery close, no matter what your item level grows to.

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!  Bring your whole guild's logs - I'll fix all of you!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Wulfy
  • Wulfy
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Hey again. Well reading what you said and looking at my gear. I have my hit cap of 15%. Mastery of around 66% equaling around 8000 Mastery rating. My haste however is only 11.12% with 4724 rating. Are these values too far apart to be at the optimal stat weighting for DPS? I don't think ReforgeLite has enough options to set weights properly.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
I would drop about 1500 of your Mastery rating and slap it into Haste. This would give you 6500 Mastery and 6200 Haste. This will marginally increase your DPS.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Wulfy
  • Wulfy
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Hey. Thanks for the advice mate. I really appreciate it. I'll give it ago for tonight's raid and hopefully get my weapon at the same time!. Is there any other good tools for setting weight stats other than reforge lite that you would recommend?

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV
I calculate stat weights in Simcraft. I don't really know how else to calculate them.

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users