FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
PattyToler1965

Need help beating Kel'Thuzad and Nefarian

No matter which deck I use, no matter if I follow what the original guide says, nothing I am doing is working and because I can't beat either one of them, the last class challenge that I HAVE to do, I can't. Help.

I don't really understand, do you need help with class challenge or with normal/heroic mode?

Also, I shortened the title a bit.

• Like 1

Normal mode. And then I'm gonna need help with the class challenge because the only class challenge I haven't been able to do is the Paladin class challenge because it has even been unlocked yet. But right now, I just want help defeating Kel'Thuzad and Nefarian.

Hello,

I had problems too to complete normal Nefarian using the Basic Deck list after 10 tries.

So i decided to build my own deck and i made it on 1st try.

Here is the list of cards i used. It can be optimized a lot because i do not own 2 examplaries of each card.

Normal Nefarian Deck by Shaugnar :)

Mage :
Quantity    Name            Cost
1         Mirror Image        1
1         Mana Wyrm        1
2         Arcane Explosion    2
1         Duplicate        3
1         Frost Nova        3
1         Mirror Entity        3
2         Flamewalker        3
2         Fireball        4
2         Polymorph        4
2         Flamestrike        7

Neutral :
2         Elven Archer        1
1         Voodoo Doctor        1
1         Ironbeak Owl        2
2         Unstable Ghoul        2
1         Acolyte of Pain        3
2         Demolisher        3
1         Earthen Ring Farseer    3
2         Grim Patron        5
2         Sludge Belcher        5
1         Kel'Thuzad        8

There are guides with decks on this site for both Nefarian and Kel'Thuzad. Did these guides not work for you or did you not know about them at all?

I knew about the guides. I followed them and I'm still getting killed every time. No matter what I do, I die. I use the decks that are posted to use against Nefarian and Kel'Thuzad, but I'm still getting slaughtered. I don't know if it's because I'm not getting the mulligans I need to start, getting the cards I need to keep going or if I'm doing something wrong or playing wrong. I need help. I guess I need a spectator who had already beat them both - in Normal mode - who could PM me which cards too keep, discard as well as which card to use when. Can you help me? I want to try and beat Nefarian first than try Kel'Thuzad.

Hello,

I had problems too to complete normal Nefarian using the Basic Deck list after 10 tries.

So i decided to build my own deck and i made it on 1st try.

Here is the list of cards i used. It can be optimized a lot because i do not own 2 examplaries of each card.

Normal Nefarian Deck by Shaugnar :)

Mage :

Quantity    Name            Cost

1         Mirror Image        1

1         Mana Wyrm        1

2         Arcane Explosion    2

1         Duplicate        3

1         Frost Nova        3

1         Mirror Entity        3

2         Flamewalker        3

2         Fireball        4

2         Polymorph        4

2         Flamestrike        7

Neutral :

2         Elven Archer        1

1         Voodoo Doctor        1

1         Ironbeak Owl        2

2         Unstable Ghoul        2

1         Acolyte of Pain        3

2         Demolisher        3

1         Earthen Ring Farseer    3

2         Grim Patron        5

2         Sludge Belcher        5

1         Kel'Thuzad        8

I have 2 of everything you listed but I don't have Kel'Thuzad because I haven't been able to beat him yet. I tried using the guide that was provided, I tried using the deck that was suggested, but I have gotten my butt kicked by Nefarian and Kel'Thuzad no matter what I have tried! I have even rebuilt my decks quite a few times and I have only come close to beating Nefarian once but not before he killed me. Killing Onaxyia wasn't exactly ready either because even after I killed her, had him down to fifteen, he still wiped the board with me. I'm at a lose as to what to do.

You can try the ai exploit(don't know if it still works) After beating kelthuzad with a random deck(I used a basic card deck I found from internet, cos I was poor on dust at the time) The exploit is basically, don't wack face, Kelthuzad(the card) behind deathlord, buff deathlord's health by a lot, followed by inner fire and OTK, bypassing the 2 phases.

I would advise kelthzad before nefarian, as it makes nefarian much easier.

If you can't find a deck, you can try SMorc.

Or this deck that I just found from the internet

2x frost shock

2x rockbiter weapon

2x flamtongue

2x hex

2x winspeaker

2x bloodlust

2x fire elemental

2x goldshire footman

2x vodoo doctor

2x frostwolf grunt

2x murloc tidehunter

2x raid leader

2x razorfen hunter

2x wolfrrider

2x senjin shield masta

save hex for abomination

Edited by Ithilrandir
  • Like 1

You can try the ai exploit(don't know if it still works) After beating kelthuzad with a random deck(I used a basic card deck I found from internet, cos I was poor on dust at the time) The exploit is basically, don't wack face, Kelthuzad(the card) behind deathlord, buff deathlord's health by a lot, followed by inner fire and OTK, bypassing the 2 phases.

I would advise kelthzad before nefarian, as it makes nefarian much easier.

If you can't find a deck, you can try SMorc.

Or this deck that I just found from the internet

2x frost shock

2x rockbiter weapon

2x flamtongue

2x hex

2x winspeaker

2x bloodlust

2x fire elemental

2x goldshire footman

2x vodoo doctor

2x frostwolf grunt

2x murloc tidehunter

2x raid leader

2x razorfen hunter

2x wolfrrider

2x senjin shield masta

save hex for abomination

Is this a Shaman deck? Is this for Normal mode or Heroic? What does OTK stand for? What is SMorc? I don't know what those are short for or what they mean. Sorry if it sounds like I'm asking stupid questions, but what do you mean when you say "try the ai exploit"? You mean AI as in artificial intelligence, right? I'm not a gamer, really, I just like this playing Hearthstone because it really does help me unwind, especially after a really bad day. Please explain all what you have told me, because I really do want to learn and understand better. Beating The League of Explorers adventure wasn't even this difficult. Thank you for responding to my inquiry, it's much appreciated.

It is for normal. You can try heroic with this deck, won't advise it. Besides if a deck is doable in heroic, it is easy for normal.

And yes, it is a shaman deck.

SMorc is also the Hearthstone slang for hitting face/face hunter.

The ai exploit basically means enemy ai will not do anything when kelthuzad(minion) is behind a taunt, giving you time to prepare for your One Turn Kill.

In case you haven't beaten them yet, I also had trouble with these guys.

I can't remember how I beat Kel'Thuzad at the moment, but I remember that it took a fair few goes and even then it was close.

As for Nefarian though, I found the following deck worked 1st time for me.  It was posted by 'Bob21117' on this page:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/12033-hearthstone-lord-victor-nefarius-nefarian

(no need to go to the page but if you do be aware that you may not find all the info there useful, but I've pasted the useful part below here)

Be sure to read the whole post below so that you understand how to play the deck.

This is the cheapest deck I beat Heroic Lord Victor Nefarius with.

Nefarius has a huge mana advantage and can constantly pressure you and your board with spells he copies from your class.
Still, his Hero Power can be abused: Nefarius will keep damage spells in his hand and only use them to remove minions or if he has lethal. So, if you never have minions on the board, the cards will stack and Nefarius will eventually overdraw and burn his entire deck.
You have to deal with the minions and the few spells Nefarius will play nevertheless and keep yourself alive. This way you have a chance even with a basic deck.

F2P Warrior (0 Dust)
Difficulty: easy (may take up to 5 tries)
Inspiration: http://www.hearthhea...arius-destroyer

2x Execute
2x Whirlwind
2x Bluegill Warrior
2x Cleave
2x Fiery Waraxe
2x Heroic Strike
2x Revenge
2x Charge
2x Magma Rager
2x Shield Block
2x Wolfrider
2x Kor'kron Elite
2x Stormwind Knight
2x Arcanite Reaper
2x Reckless Rocketeer

To minimize the usable spells Nefarius can steal you should stick to the following rules:
- Try to never have a (damaged) minion on your side of the board by suiciding your chargers to avoid Execute and Mortal Strike.
- If you have to let a minion of yours live, never play a second one to avoid Cleave, Whirlwind, Revenge, Brawl and Bouncing Blade.
- Try not to leave Nefarius' injured minions on the board to avoid Rampage and Battle Rage.
Always combine Magma Rager with Charge to run it into Drakonid Crusher or Twilight Drake.

Cheerio,

Bob

Edited by bluesh34
  • Like 1