Kel'Thuzad Guide for the Curse of Naxxramas
Table of Contents
- 1. Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
- 2. Video
- +3. Strategy and Deck Building
- 4. Changelog
Kel'Thuzad is the second and final boss of the Frostwyrm Lair, the fifth and last wing of the Curse of Naxxramas. Most of the information in this guide is aimed at Heroic mode, but everything presented here can also be helpful to defeat the Normal mode of the boss.
Health, Hero Power, Cards, Etc.
|Health||30 Health and 10 Armor||45 Health and 20 Armor|
|Extra||Phase 1 lasts until you remove Kel'Thuzad's armor. When this happens, Phase 2 starts. Kel'Thuzad finishes your turn, even if you were not done playing, he changes his Hero Power to, and he summons 2 3/3 s on his side of the board. Note that if you take too long to remove Kel'Thuzad's armor, he will trigger Phase 2 anyway after a few turns spent at 10 mana.||In Heroic mode, Phase 2 is triggered in exactly the same way as in Normal mode. The only difference is that he now summons 2 5/5s.|
We put up a video on Youtube to show you how to defeat Kel'Thuzad.
Strategy and Deck Building
When building a deck to beat Kel'Thuzad, you need to keep in mind that, during the fight, you will have to plan ahead and transition him from Phase 1 to Phase 2 at the right moment.
During Phase 1, you should establish board control as soon as possible and burn down his armor in order to push him to Phase 2 before his Divine Spirit and Inner Fire on the board, and 2) to draw 1 or 2 Silence to silence the guardians and burn down Kel'Thuzad as quickly as you can.inflicts too much damage to your hero. You also need to wait to have a solution to deal with his s. For example, with the Priest deck listed below, a good idea is to wait 1) to have a minion buffed with
Once Phase 2 starts, your main concern will be. Simply maintain board control and make sure his Hero Power does not give him value you cannot deal with. You may be tempted to overextend your board to reduce the chances that your strong minions will be mind-controlled, but remember that Kel'Thuzad has 2 in his deck.
Note that Alexstrasza cannot be used on this encounter.
To help you beat Kel'Thuzad, we created the two decks presented below. You can also get some inspiration from them to create decks for other classes.
Paladin Kel'Thuzad Deck
|Paladin Cards||Neutral Cards|
Priest Kel'Thuzad Deck
|Priest Cards||Neutral Cards|
- 25 Aug. 2014: Added a link to our Youtube video for the fight.
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- The Battle.net Social Celebration Contest
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: Murder at Castle Nathria
- How to Find Out You've Been Invited to Beta Testing?
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Tombs of Terror Elise Starseeker
- Naga Ramp Druid Deck
- Holy Paladin Deck
- Relic Demon Hunter Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck