FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Amajed

Demo Warlock and Trinkets

Hi Posted Image

this is my lock:

http://eu.battle.net...edlock/advanced

I'm wondering , if I get any of DS trinkets which one I'll replace ?

I've put power aura to tell me when to use my CDs with Foul Gift when its procs. I think using CDs with a 1149 Mastery proc is better than using CDs with 1700 int proc.

so IMO I think Foul Gift is better , so I'm replacing Darkmoon Card Volcano with any DS trinket I can get.

what do u think of that ? which one is better ?

If you're Demonology, depending on random proc trinkets isn't optimal at all. Thinking back to Theralion's Mirror...ugh. Hated my life trying to watch for procs and time Metamorphosis with it.

If you do not have any DS trinkets yet, replace Foul Gift with Moonwell Chalice. The controllability you have with the mastery proc will allow you to better control your dps by using it right before Metamorphosis. It has a 2 minute CD and with a proper rotation, your Impending Doom procs will push your Meta CD to about 2 minutes. You should have the following macro built:

#showtooltip Metamorphosis

/cast Demon Soul

/cast Blood Fury (if you're an Orc) or /cast Berserking (if you're a troll)

/use Moonwell Chalice

/cast Metamorphosis

This will enable MWC's 1700 mastery proc to buff your Meta damage by about 20%. The best part about Metamorphosis is it takes a snapshot of your mastery and maintains that value for the 36 second duration of Metamorphosis. So the 1700 mastery you get from MWC for 20 seconds is actually granted for 36 seconds.

Use MWC and DM:V until you get Cunning of the Cruel, Will of Unbinding, or Insignia of the Corrupted Mind. IotCM isn't really good for Demo, but I would replace DM:V with it if that's all you've got. Your ideal setup for the future is WoU and CoC.

• Like 1

thanks , I already know that Moonwell chalice is a better choice , only it will take more than 6 weeks for me to get it , I'm sure I'll get a 410ilvl trinket at the time :P

so its out of my reach

I get the proc from Foul Gift every 45 sec (aprox) and I've setup my Power Aura to track it for me ,its pretty easy for me , and I always get them work together at a pretty decent timing.

so lets just say that I only and will never have any other trinket beside the DM:V and Foul Gift , which one should I replace for the DS trinket ?

Foul Gift is boosting my Meta CD , so I dont know ,

and theres another quastion , Demonsoul , when I activate it, should I refresh Bane of Doom ? or wait for the final tick ?

Bane of Doom is a 1 min dot , and sometimes Demonsoul is ready when my Bane of Doom is already up and have about 45 sec left

if I dont refresh it it wont benifit from Demonsoul right ? should I refresh it or not ?

Corruption will be refreshed anyway since its 20sec only ,so when I refresh it at the final tick it will get the demonsoul buff , but Bane of Doom is another story.

btw I know that Felguard is the best option for Demonsoul ,but since I'm new to warlock and too lazy to do the extra switching thing I'm using Demonsoul with Felhunter , this is why I want to get the maximum of it since its only affect shadow damage which are Corruption and Bane of Doom alone right ?

I'm on the Incinerate Rotation btw :)

and thanks Zagam for ur reply ;)

Some theorycrafters think that WoU can be replaced, but I personally don't believe you can replace a static 770/880/990 intellect. Since intellect is our best stat bar none, you want to replace any trinket you get with WoU. You seem to have an affectionate view of your Gift of the Foul Demon, but I promise you that getting rid of it will feel great. DM:V has mastery on it, so that's good for Demo anyways! Go WoU and DM:V until you get CoC or IotCM.

As for pet twisting, I don't do it. It's cumbersome. However, you should be opening every fight with the Felguard out. If you're not familiar with the opening, here it is:

Curse of Elements, Soulburn, Metamorphosis Macro, Felstorm + Bane of Doom, Hand of Guldan, Immolate, Corruption, Shadowflame (if in melee range) Incinerate, Summon Felhunter, then continue with your normal rotation. You will see a MASSIVE amount of DPS in burst capabilities. Don't forget about your Felguard on AoE parses such as the black slime on Yor'sahj. Very much worth the 5 seconds to bring him out, especially if you can time another Demon Soul with him out! For Spine, you'll want the Felguard out for every tendon burn because of his Demon Soul.

• Like 1

Also, I forgot to answer your DoT refreshing question...I find it useful to refresh Bane of Doom just as Meta is wearing off. I give you the following as an example:

0:00 - use Bane of Doom (Demon Soul buffed)

0:15 - Bane of Doom ticks (Demon Soul buffed)

0:30 - Bane of Doom ticks (Demon Soul buffed)

0:31 - refresh Bane of Doom (Demon Soul buffed)

0:46 - Bane of Doom ticks (Demon Soul buffed)

1:01 - Bane of Doom ticks (Demon Soul buffed)

1:16 - Bane of Doom ticks (Demon Soul buffed)

1:31 - Bane of Doom ticks (Demon Soul buffed)

1:32 - Apply Bane of Doom

1:47 - Bane of Doom ticks

2:02 - Meta/Demon Soul off CD, use to reapply Bane of Doom (Demon Soul buffed)

2:17 - buffed tick

2:32 - buffed tick

2:33 - reapply with Demon Soul and Meta still active

2:48 - buffed tick

3:03 - buffed tick

repeat...

you can see here you only have one Bane of Doom tick that is not buffed. This is one of the tricks that separates a 35k Demonology Warlock on Ultraxion from a 40k Demonology Warlock on Ultraxion.

• Like 2

thats a very nice trick and opening will try that :)

will get that in a cast seq macro to make it easier for me.

but I see u typing "Metamorphosis Macro" in that opening , whats that ?

thank you so much for all that detailed infos ;)

Metamorphosis Macro

I'm not sure if you can do it in a better way, but this is how I have it designed...

#showtooltip Metamorphosis

/cast Demon Soul (off Global CD)

/cast Blood Fury (off Global CD) - if you're an Orc. Substitute Berserking for Troll or whatever else you want

/use Moonwell Chalice (or any other trinket you have an on use for)

/cast Metamorphosis

/cast Immolation Aura

Basically you have to press this macro button twice; once to activate Demon Soul, Blood Fury, Meta, and your trinket, and one more time to activate Immolation Aura. Just make sure you have Demon Soul set up with Power Auras or on your bars somewhere because it is possible to get Meta on less than a 2 minute cooldown with good RNG. you don't want to use Meta until DS comes off of CD or can be used in the middle of Meta to give yourself the increased DoT damage.

hmmm I did not know about Immolation Aura till now :P nice

and is it worth the GCD to cast Immolation Aura on a single target ?

and about that opening, I tried it , the thing is ,felstorm starts before felguard reach the boss :P it will be perfect in Ultraxion , and some other bosses , but in where there's a range he will spin all the way to the boss :D

but it sure does real damage :) thanks

You're supposed to be running into melee range as you do that macro. It greatly decreases the wasted time of his Felstorm. His Felstorm is just bonus damage, though...the real prize of him being out is your Demon Soul: Felguard. Immolation Aura is AMAZING for both single and AoE situations. Being in melee range will significantly boost your damage as Demonology due to Shadowflame and Immolation Aura.

If you are required to be at range, like on Zon'ozz for instance, don't use Felstorm until he gets his clunky butt up there. Just requires a pause of about two global cooldowns until he Intercepts your target.

If you link me an Ultraxion log, I can likely pinpoint some ways for you to improve your DPS unless you're pushing 40k+ in which you're more than fine.

• Like 1

I'm just bumping this so that my sticky doesn't appear as the "last post" in this section on the board index :P