Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Which trinkets for Protection?

4 posts in this topic

Hey there guys, just a quick question.  I have 4 trinkets for tanking, and not sure which 2 I should stick with.

I have a 720 Warlord's Unseeing Eye with speed and a socket (+956 haste, +165 speed, +50 haste gem), reduces damage taken up to 19.84%

705 Anzu's Cursed Plume (+416 bonus armor), chance for 1,526 mastery

730 Libram of Vindication, below 76% hp I heal 113,348 and do that much damage to guys around me

and the Purified Shard of the Third Moon.

So far I've always had on the Eye, and swapped between the boa trinket and the Plume (been tanking Archimonde carries for my guild, when I do that I run the boa trinket since I'm a little squishy and that massive absorb shield it creates from resolve has probably saved me a number of times), but typically run Plume.

I also have a Tyrant's Decree with a socket but from what I've read that's not good for prot pallies so I didn't include that in the list.

Any advice would be very much appreciated smile.png

Ok #1 haste till 50%so I would go with that one then I would go with the class trinket for the dps also not only for the shield

I would say that your standard setup should be ACP and LoV with Sera and for boss fights where you aint gonna proc LoV or its useless use WuE instead of LoV. I have never used the Heirloom trinket so i have no idea on how that works

If you decide to progress in Mythic, I'd say take WUE and BoA trinket to play it safe (just stack it with tank ring buff as often as possible). If you want to continue farming Archimonde, you can go with max damage setup - ACP (get one from Heroic) + LoV. If you're uncertain if you can tank Archimonde with this, then go with WUE/BoA trinket + LoV.