FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

What Overwatch guides do you want to see on Icy Veins?

Now that we have launched our Overwatch section, we are interested in what kind of guides you guys feel it would be useful to have on our site.

We are going to start out with hero, map, and general gameplay guides, but what other guides do you guys think we might need? Also, judging based on the existing guides we have up, what would you like to see done differently?

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

1. Please include synergies, counters and roles sections in the class guides like you did with the Heroes of the Storm guides as well as how they preform on certain maps and sides.

2. Current Meta comps. I find the Bastion + Reinhardt + Mercy combo good in payload maps.

3. Tips for Beginners. Stuff like trickling in, Payload max speed (3 people), throwing in Melee attack when you reload.

4. When map layouts become available, indicate some tactics like - Health Packs, Good sniping/turret spot, choke points, roaming areas, etc

• Like 1

1. Please include synergies, counters and roles sections in the class guides like you did with the Heroes of the Storm guides as well as how they preform on certain maps and sides.

2. Current Meta comps. I find the Bastion + Reinhardt + Mercy combo good in payload maps.

3. Tips for Beginners. Stuff like trickling in, Payload max speed (3 people), throwing in Melee attack when you reload.

4. When map layouts become available, indicate some tactics like - Health Packs, Good sniping/turret spot, choke points, roaming areas, etc

All great suggestions. I imagine #2 will change so frequently in this game due to the ability to change in-game. There might be a specific "best comp", which is then made ineffective as soon as you are counter-picked. A detailed synergy/counter list as you said in #1 will most likely be much more useful for this, at least in my opinion.

Do you guys plan on doing some form of tracking of the alternating play modes? Either a full page dedicated to tracking them as they change or like how you do the brawls for hearthstone with just a newsfeed article each time it changes?

I know some of them could use more in-depth guides than others. The week where heroes had 200% HP and 50% faster cool downs could be discussed more than the week where you just respawn as a random hero each time you die, for example.

On 10 May 2016 at 11:13 AM, Archimage said:

1. Counter/Synergy is one thing that will be discussed more in-depth in further iterations of the guides. For now, we wanted to have all guides ready and reviewed for launch (btw, the reviewers have all been surprised by how good the guides were).

2. That will come I think, especially once we start doing map guides (so definitely taking up on your 4. suggestions).

3. Beginner guides like we have for Hearthstone will come.

On 19 May 2016 at 9:05 PM, Freshness said:

Do you guys plan on doing some form of tracking of the alternating play modes? Either a full page dedicated to tracking them as they change or like how you do the brawls for hearthstone with just a newsfeed article each time it changes?

I know some of them could use more in-depth guides than others. The week where heroes had 200% HP and 50% faster cool downs could be discussed more than the week where you just respawn as a random hero each time you die, for example.

We'll probably do them the way we do Hearthstone Brawls. It all depends on the replayability. If these alternating play modes lasts 1 week and never come back, it's not worth making a full-fledged guide about it, but a simple news can do. If they come back often, then we can definitely write guides about them. Thanks for the suggestion :)

I'd love to see a mention of what maps certain heroes excel at. E.g. pharah being good on temple of anubis, junkrat on route 66, Hanzo on hanamura etc.

Aswell as the other way around . Bastion and symettra are hardly ever effective on attack.

I'd say have a small breakdown below the guide for each map sorting heroes in categories (good, ok, bad) for both attack and defence. 

Alternatively you could put it on the hero guides themselves.

Some hero synergies guide would be cool I guess. As well as counter lists.

Lastly, once we get more overwatch guides up, I think you should merge the 4 buttons you have linking to the hero guides into one. Similar to how hearthstone classes are sorted. But that's just a qol thing.

I'm keen for some map guides in particular. As others have mentioned, key spots for certain classes, sniping points, chokes. I think a lot of players find a hero or two they like, then study maps a bit more. At least that's how I did it..