Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Larjosilian

Building 10m Raid group

5 posts in this topic

Im putting together a 2nd raid group for my guild and am trying to figure out what I want to run with. So I have just a couple of questions.

First which spec for Death Knights are pushing damage wise for dps, I noticed on Mmo-champions raid comp builder that both bring in the same buffs/debuffs so now it just boils down to the numbers.

Second, What healer would be best off with a dps off-spec, Priest or Shaman. Priest is disc and of course shaman is resto. Also for the shaman if they were to OS what spec I havent seen great numbers from enhancement so would like elemental.

Finally my last question. Down to tanks, Prot warrior is my first choice. How ever for my second choice im stumped. would prefer my tanks to not need to fight over off sets of gear such as necks/rings etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this alot, I just came back after a couple month break and am just starting up again. So im not familiar with what kinda classes are working better with each other than others. ( hope that makes sense)

1.) From what I've seen and tried 2H Frost DK's are doing the most dps right now for DK's, but if you have other options, a lot of other melee classes are doing higher dps right now. Rogues are absolutely insane, I would definitely make sure you have one in your group.

2.) Both have similar potential as far as dps, it would just depend on the player and the gear, but in my experience Disc would be the better healer right now. If you do go the shaman route they would definitely want elemental for their off spec.

3.) I've rarely seen prot warriors this expansion. I don't know if it's because they're bad, or people just don't want to play them, but I literally have almost 0 experiences with them to base an opinion on.

Paladins are pretty over powered right now, they can bubble off the debuffs and solo tank a lot of fights that aren't meant to be solo tanked. They also use very similar gear for tanking and dps, so they can offspec more easily than other tanks.

I play a DK, so I'm somewhat partial to DK's. Although DK's have the consistent problem of taking higher damage than other tanks in progression content, and then becoming invincible once we out gear the content.

Druids can be decent and take a lot less damage when there are multiple adds involved, or when their high dodge can prevent the application of a debuff. they also basically use dps gear for tanking, so they can easily reforge and regem and be fully geared for their off spec.

I haven't had a ton of experience with monk tanks either. from what I have seen though they are high avoidance like druids, but can sometimes take spiky damage. They also appear to have the highest dps of any tank right now.

Pretty much any two tanks will have fights they're the best at, and fights they're the worst at, just try to get two different classes and you should be fine.

I guess the same goes for the rest of your raid too. The more variety you have the easier progression will be. Try to stick with 2 tanks, 3 healers (with 1 or more able to go dps for 2 heal fights), 2 melee, 3 range

Edited by Storm

1. Unholy but it's close with 2h frost.

2. Priest would be my preference then Enhancement. Elemental is pretty weak on average (this is not set in stone however, there are a few great Elemental shaman) - In the end it won't matter much, just bring the best player.

3. They are all close. Just realize that tanks roll on dps gear for the most part nowadays. Warriors and DK's are the only two that will be rolling on Dodge/Parry gear. Druids a maybe on some dodge gear and Paly/Monks will never prefer those to DPS stats.

Thank you ill be doing some more work around classes to get the best group i can get in a 10m setting. Taking this and applying to the needs of the gorup.

changes in 5.3 aside disc priests are extremely powerful at the moment.

Shaman healers in a 10man setting however, are not performing well at the moment.

Disc Priest and Holy Paladin are a great combination in 10man if you plan on running with 2 heals.

If you need a third for some fights, mistweaver monks or restoration druids are pretty good. If you only have the Shaman as an option at the moment it's very important to make sure they've gemmed, min/maxxed their gear properly. They're not the best in 10man but will be worse if they don't research their class. The same can be said of any class I guess.

Being part of the healing team of our raid I stay pretty well out of the organisation of tanks/dps but our pally/priest/druid combo is pretty amazeballs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormcaster
      I will keep this brief as I know folks like to get to the point!
      We are a 7/7M 3/3H raid team looking to add one Resto Shaman or one Holy/Disc Priest to our core raid team. We are on the PVE server Uldum and have been raiding since Vanilla. We raid Tues and Thurs from 8-11 EST and Sunday from 7-11EST. Hit me up in game if this sounds like a match with what you are looking for and we can chat, look at logs, etc!
      Stormcaster#1629

• By Chumani
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=246684

Skywall and Drak'thul! Hai raiders! Chu here! Hope you all are having fun this expansion, I know I am! Corrupted Destiny is currently recruiting for its raid team! We are 7/7 N/H EN and 3/3 N ToV
      Currently we are recruiting and looking for YOU! Come join us, Raiders and Members! Someone always online in guild super fun mature atmosphere! What are you waiting for!
      Don't bother if you think in 'solo' terms. We are a team.... we depend on each other, it's 'we' not 'I". You must play well with others and not run with scissors.
      Tanks are welcome to join us but we have no room on raid team or upcoming alt raid team.
      Regardless if you are ranged or not its always best to inquire, you just never know. We currently average a count of 20 and up on our raid team.
      Raid times:
      Sunday 6:30pm-9pm (pst **west coast server**)
      Tuesday 6:30pm-9pm
      Thursday 6:30pm-9pm
      **Raid times are subject to change.....Additional 'alt' raid will begin soon on different night yet to be determined**
      Alts are welcome
      All adult guild.... **was going to say 'mature' but.... lets just say adult for now** :)
      Must occasionally sacrifice a goat or something to the horde gods.
      Must be willing to flaunt a rare mount if you obtain one in front of whoever desires said mount.Every time you see them.
      Recruiting ANYONE who is looking for a guild to join... we actually have quite a few people online every single day who don't even raid! Then add the raiders and voila! Lots of people online!
      Corrupted Destiny guild is one of the oldest guilds on Skywall realm. Drak'thul is connected now with us. We have watched guilds come and go, but not us!
      Come and be a part of something wonderful! Pack a suitcase, those who visit always stay..... seriously.... can't get rid of them!
      Come and join us.... Corrupted Destiny has been my home since Burning Crusade.... make it yours too!
      COME..... GET..... CORRUPTED!
      Swiper#1939, Deni#1743, jcoughlin#1132
      ........As the smoke clears and everyone leaves to wait for something different..... Corrupted Destiny can still be seen..... having never left at all..........
      COME GET CORRUPTED!
    • By Waelish
      About Us: <Over Raided> is a semi-hardcore raiding guild on US-Stormrage that was officially created in Mists of Pandaria. Our goal has always been to find the fine line between hardcore raiding and still having fun and enjoying each other’s company. We take our raids seriously and do not waste time, but that doesn’t stop us from joking around with one another during raid. We have a very friendly (note: we are not exactly family-friendly) atmosphere that has kept people around. One thing we are proud of as a guild is that we have a very low turnover rate and many loyal members who have stuck with us from the beginning. We are currently looking for people with similar goals who can attend raids consistently and who can meet the expectations required of mythic raiders.
      Expectations:
      Meet the attendance requirement Know your class - this means being able to play more than one spec at a mythic level Be able to communicate reliably and consistently when needed Have a stable internet connection Be willing to check forums once every few days Be prepared with raiding supplies - the guild bank supplies these but isn't meant to be relied upon Actually WANT to raid. If you're not having fun, don't bring other people down and just take a break Progression: 4/7M Emerald Nightmare, 2/3H Trial of Valor
      Raid Schedule – Eastern Time (EST)
      Tuesday 7:30-10:30PM
      Wednesday 7:30-10:30PM
      Thursday 7:30-10:30PM
      Attendance Policy: Raiders must maintain 90% attendance at all times. Consistency in the raid roster is one of most important things in a mythic raiding guild. If you cannot commit to this attendance requirement, we are not the guild for you.
      How to apply: Go to our website at http://over-raided.enjin.com and review our guild policies on the top menu. After that, simply submit a private application form, which can also be found at the top menu. 
      Loot System: We use the EPGP Lootmaster addon to distribute loot. 
      Voice: Mumble
      Currently recruiting: We will consider any qualified application, but are currently in immediate need of Healers and Ranged DPS   If your class isn't listed here but you're still interested, feel free to apply, or contact one of us.    Contact Information: GM: Adorele (Squee#1987) Raid Leader: Rukoshi (Rukoshi#1218) Recruitment Officer: Waelish (InkedLex#1671) Officer:  Unsafe (Jish#1863)  
    • By Stygge
      High Tech,
      A little info about us - We are a semi serious guild that raids three days a week on Draenor. We have been around for quite some time now and we are in need of a few dedicated and experienced healers as well as ranged DPS for our main team. If you feel like you can perform to a high standard while looking to maintain a fun and enjoyable atmosphere then we are the guild for you.
      Our raid days are as follows: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday (while progressing). Our raid times are 19:15 till 23:30 (realm time) and expect to pull by 19:30. We expect all of our members to be outside by 19:10 and be ready to go with food, flasks, pots and runes for the raid.
      We're looking for healers of any class and more interested in Warlocks, Hunters, Elemental Shamans, Balance Druids and Shadow priests for range DPS. If your class isn't here, don't be discouraged. We will always take a good application into consideration.
      If you have any question or wish to apply, please visit http://high-tech.enjin.com/ or contact one of the officers in-game to talk at any time. Giskler (Giskler#2199), Styggedh (Stygge#2648) or Decron (kezrein#2486).
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Restoration.
      Monk: Mistweaver.
      Priest: Disc and Shadow(Shadow is currently very wanted)
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Hunter: One.