Larjosilian

Building 10m Raid group

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

Im putting together a 2nd raid group for my guild and am trying to figure out what I want to run with. So I have just a couple of questions.

First which spec for Death Knights are pushing damage wise for dps, I noticed on Mmo-champions raid comp builder that both bring in the same buffs/debuffs so now it just boils down to the numbers.

Second, What healer would be best off with a dps off-spec, Priest or Shaman. Priest is disc and of course shaman is resto. Also for the shaman if they were to OS what spec I havent seen great numbers from enhancement so would like elemental.

Finally my last question. Down to tanks, Prot warrior is my first choice. How ever for my second choice im stumped. would prefer my tanks to not need to fight over off sets of gear such as necks/rings etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this alot, I just came back after a couple month break and am just starting up again. So im not familiar with what kinda classes are working better with each other than others. ( hope that makes sense)

1.) From what I've seen and tried 2H Frost DK's are doing the most dps right now for DK's, but if you have other options, a lot of other melee classes are doing higher dps right now. Rogues are absolutely insane, I would definitely make sure you have one in your group.

2.) Both have similar potential as far as dps, it would just depend on the player and the gear, but in my experience Disc would be the better healer right now. If you do go the shaman route they would definitely want elemental for their off spec.

3.) I've rarely seen prot warriors this expansion. I don't know if it's because they're bad, or people just don't want to play them, but I literally have almost 0 experiences with them to base an opinion on.

Paladins are pretty over powered right now, they can bubble off the debuffs and solo tank a lot of fights that aren't meant to be solo tanked. They also use very similar gear for tanking and dps, so they can offspec more easily than other tanks.

I play a DK, so I'm somewhat partial to DK's. Although DK's have the consistent problem of taking higher damage than other tanks in progression content, and then becoming invincible once we out gear the content.

Druids can be decent and take a lot less damage when there are multiple adds involved, or when their high dodge can prevent the application of a debuff. they also basically use dps gear for tanking, so they can easily reforge and regem and be fully geared for their off spec.

I haven't had a ton of experience with monk tanks either. from what I have seen though they are high avoidance like druids, but can sometimes take spiky damage. They also appear to have the highest dps of any tank right now.

Pretty much any two tanks will have fights they're the best at, and fights they're the worst at, just try to get two different classes and you should be fine.

I guess the same goes for the rest of your raid too. The more variety you have the easier progression will be. Try to stick with 2 tanks, 3 healers (with 1 or more able to go dps for 2 heal fights), 2 melee, 3 range

Edited by Storm

1. Unholy but it's close with 2h frost.

2. Priest would be my preference then Enhancement. Elemental is pretty weak on average (this is not set in stone however, there are a few great Elemental shaman) - In the end it won't matter much, just bring the best player.

3. They are all close. Just realize that tanks roll on dps gear for the most part nowadays. Warriors and DK's are the only two that will be rolling on Dodge/Parry gear. Druids a maybe on some dodge gear and Paly/Monks will never prefer those to DPS stats.

Thank you ill be doing some more work around classes to get the best group i can get in a 10m setting. Taking this and applying to the needs of the gorup.

changes in 5.3 aside disc priests are extremely powerful at the moment.

Shaman healers in a 10man setting however, are not performing well at the moment.

Disc Priest and Holy Paladin are a great combination in 10man if you plan on running with 2 heals.

If you need a third for some fights, mistweaver monks or restoration druids are pretty good. If you only have the Shaman as an option at the moment it's very important to make sure they've gemmed, min/maxxed their gear properly. They're not the best in 10man but will be worse if they don't research their class. The same can be said of any class I guess.

Being part of the healing team of our raid I stay pretty well out of the organisation of tanks/dps but our pally/priest/druid combo is pretty amazeballs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chumani
      Inevitable Destiny   (H)Corrupted Destiny guild Skywall/Drak'thul US realm😎 JOIN US!
      We are currently 8/8 Normal Uldir and 2/8 Heroic Uldir  -- Kickin' ass and hell with their names!
      1st  raid - Sun/Tues/Thurs 600-830pst
      2nd raid - Fri/Mon 530-800pst
      We ARE one of Skywall's largest and oldest standing guilds! Very active with a large player base. ALWAYS something going on, mythic dungeon runs, normal runs for alts, Island Expeditions, Arathi Highlands Warfront, PVP events.... always something!!!
      Come experience the reason a guild as old as CD continues to stand and stand strong year after year after year! Come...... and get.... CORRUPTED!!!
      Chu#12466 or Deni#1743
    • By Fwankk
      <Raw> Horde - Mythic Raiding Guild transferred from Stormrage (A). Currently seeking to rebuild our mythic roster. Entertaining all interests in a raid spot despite role.

TLDR;

https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/area-52/Raw    (you'll find all of our current recruitment needs here 🙂 )

LEGION PROGRESSION:
      Emerald Nightmare -- 7/7H 5/7M
      Trial of Valor -- 3/3H (no mythic progression here, we were focused on EN at the time)
      Nighthold -- 10/10H 8/10M

Small guild break (transferred from Thrall (H) to Stormage (A) )

Tomb of Sargeras -- 9/9H 4/9M
      Antorus, the Burning Throne - 11/11H 10/11M

RAID TIMES:
      Tuesdays: 8-11 Server (EST) Progression
      Thursday: 8-11 Server (EST) Progression
      We will be adding an optional third day sometime after the opening of BFA for farm/alt runs.

RECRUITMENT MISSION STATEMENT:
      We are currently looking for people that can commit to all raid days. We are interested in players that will show up prepared, focused, and ready to kill bosses. 
      We understand that real life happens, but we do ask that our raiders maintain at least 90% attendance and be able to raid without frequent interuption. 
      We don't have a strict attendance policy, however it is important for us to keep our progression as strong as possible, which relies heavily on raid wide attendance. We only raid two days a week for 6 hours total,
      so it's imperative that we are prompt and focused for raid. 

RECRUITMENT NEEDS:

IMMEDIATE RAID SPOT FOR RESTO DRUID/HOLY PALADIN/HOLY PRIEST ! 

We are currently rebuilding on Area52 (H) in preparations for BFA. At the moment we are seeking any spec Mage or Hunter, possibly a Prot War or Holy Pal as well as any competent players regardless of role. Our melee group is getting pretty full, but we will always consider all competitive players. 

Prefer:
      Tank - Prot War/Blood DK
      Heals -- Holy Paladin / Resto Druid / Holy Priest
      Ranged -- MM/BM Hunter / Ele Sham (healing OS is a +)

MYTHIC+:

For our 20m roster we have four 5m mythic+ teams that do one max level key a week. These teams are made up randomly and will be mixed up every two weeks (randomly). This system allows for us to make sure that our raiders are staying up to date with gear/Azerite, 
      and it also helps build chemistry within the core. These are 100% MANDATORY and will be conducted after raid on raid days. Same attendance requirements as raid days. 

EXPECTATIONS:
      We expect all raiders to come to raids prepared. This means: 
      - Having the correct gems and enchants. 
      - Class knowledge.
      - Raid preparation. 
      We only raid 6 hours a week, so it is imperative that we don't waste time. All underpreforming players, regardless of rank or class, will be benched until performance can be brought up to par for the current content. 
      We are not interested in carrying anyone, and if you cannot perform raid mechanics, then we are not the guild for you. Flask and food will be provided by the guild bank when available. 
      Everyone in the guild is taken care of, and this is done primarily through donations by our members. Our guild is a small community and we all pitch in to get things done.

LOOT SYSTEM:
      Not a lot to this really. BFA loot will be personal. At this current time we have no structured system for non-upgrades. You're welcome to pass loot, but we will not concern ourselves with it. Our focus is killing bosses.. everyone will end up getting everything
      they want... eventually 😛

PRIMARY CONTACT:
      Raid Leader - Fwansis (CrispyD#1823)
      Officer - Fruitcake (Fruit#11204)
      GM - Beanboss (funny story 😛 )

Anyone listed can answer any further questions you may have pertaining to the guild as well as conduct your interview in our guild discord.

• By Rheshi
      Currently in need of a non-druid TANK and RANGED DPS, ilvl 340+ for heroic/mythic progression. 
      Latest recruitment updates always posted here WoW Progress (however, exceptional players outside of our specific needs will always be considered). Casual players welcome as well!
      Progression Raid Schedule: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. 7:30PM-10:30PM Eastern (server time). Casual members welcome!
      Contact: GM - Rheshi#1686 (discord & realid), Officers - ArcaneSyntax#11616, Theeos#1868, or Dennang#1899
    • By Verrin
      The Fever Clan Is recruiting more mainspec healers and dps for our raid group. We are a Horde guild on Mal'Ganis. Our raid schedule is Thursday and Friday 8pm to 11pm server time (9pm to midnight Eastern time). We also welcome anyone who wants to join our groups to push mythic keys or individuals just looking to hang out. We are also part of The Fever Gaming community which holds weekly events in various other games. Feel Free to check out our site at www.TheFeverClan.com. If you would like more information or want to join please contact myself or Decimous.
    • By Nireas
      I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

Thank you for your time reading this.