Level 15 - Arcane Familiar, PoM, Words of Power

Level 30 - Shimmer, Cauterize Colds Snap

Level 45 - MI, RoP, Incanter's Flow

Level 60 - Supernova, Charged up, Resonance

Level 75 - Ice Floes, Ring of Frost, Ice Ward

Level 90 - Nether Tempest, Unstable Magic, Erosion

Level 100 - Overpowered, Quickening, Arcane Orb

Source: (latest beta build)

What we're losing - Evanesce, Blazing Speed, Alter Time, Flameglow, Ice Barrier, Frostjaw, Greater Invisibility, Prismatic Crystal

What I'll miss - Flameglow, Greater Invis,, Prismatic Crystal (I'll miss this one A LOT)

What looks promising:

Arcane Familiar - "Summon a Familiar that attacks your enemies and encreases your mana by 10%. Lasts 1 hour."

Being able to spec both Supernova and Nether Tempest

Quickening - "AB, AM and AE also grant 2% haste for 6 sec, stacking up to 100 times. This effect is cleared when you

cast Arcane Barrage."

Thoughts? I see that we are losing a lot of redundant talents but also some key utility talents.

Edited by Belicosa

Prismatic Crystal being gone is a fairly big hit for Arcane. I am also going to miss Evanesce, it occasionally had its perks. Same goes for Altered Time. Generally, a lot of defensives are gone, but honestly I am glad: it gives more choices for DPS talents. However, the level 75 talents are pretty boring, with Icy Floes being the more than obvious choice. They could have kept some of the old, more interesting talents for that line.

I don't like PoM being made into a talent instead of a baseline skill. I am not sure about the Familiar, since I don't know how good the new Mastery is (I haven't played Arcane a lot in the Beta, see end of this post too). Words of Power doesn't look good at the moment, since I am not sure if the burn/conserve rotation will still be a thing.

I like Charged Up: theoretically you just press it and start burning immediately. However, the other two talents in the same line are very strong choices for single target and aoe respectively. I'll let the theorycrafters figure that out.

Quickening looks like a great talent indeed.

Like I said before, I haven't played Arcane (and generally I haven't played a lot in the Beta lol) but from what I heard Arcane is pretty good in level 110 atm. Which is weird, because usually Arcane is better at the end of expansion, not its beginning. Tuning is still happening ofc and it will keep happening until Legion is released.

Looking at the base spells for arcane, Ice Barrier is going to be in the spellbook now, so we keep one defensive spell.

i prefer mirror image/supernova/words of power/erosion/qickening for solo questing.....raids will prolly be somewhat different

Arcane Blast costs 3% Base Mana, so having more mana from Arcane Familiar should allow you to cast 3 extra Arcane Blasts per rotation. Also affects the mana restored by Evocation.

PoM only sounds useful to burst down high priority adds that spawn. The cooldown is a bit too long.

Words of Power, maximum 5% . . .. that is like nothing.

Shimmer combined with Displacement (New spell) allows up to 5 blinks every 45 seconds. Very OP in PvP with Prismatic Cloak.

I like the new Rune of Power.
You can use it about 9-10 times in a 6 minute fight, so you should have a 28% up time on it, which result to an 14% spell damage gain on average. Although this is 1% less spell damage than a full uptime WoD Rune of Power, the WoD Rune of Power removes most of your mobility. The new Rune of Power will allow you to have huge burst damage for high priority mobs, and since it only lasts 10 seconds, you can skillfully use it when you don't have to dodge mechanics in fights.

Supernova: No charge system = less burst, but it doesn't replace Frost Nova anymore. This is a boost in survival.

Charged Up: Allows nice burst or a free Arcane Barrage every 40 secs. Off GCD. Combined with Rune of Power will allow a nice burst every 40 secs.

Resonance: More Arcane Barrage damage . . . would rather take Charged Up baseline.

Nether Tempest is basically an Arcane Explosion every second on the target's location.

Quickening sounds fun. At higher stacks it will give Nether Tempest a huge boost.

Ok so did they nerf the gear cause I went from 70% Mastery to 31% mastery overnight with at least a 15k dps loss down to 25-30k. I've posted this on WoW forums, Facebook friends and asked trade chat all with either bullshit answers or nothing. Patch notes dont say anything about gear nerfing but with 6 weeks left till expac I cant believe they would nerf your stats so soon. Any answers here?? Or at least noticing the same loss??

On 20/7/2016 at 9:12 PM, Tigersharrk said:

Ok so did they nerf the gear cause I went from 70% Mastery to 31% mastery overnight with at least a 15k dps loss down to 25-30k. I've posted this on WoW forums, Facebook friends and asked trade chat all with either bullshit answers or nothing. Patch notes dont say anything about gear nerfing but with 6 weeks left till expac I cant believe they would nerf your stats so soon. Any answers here?? Or at least noticing the same loss??

From what I've read in other topics here in Icy Veins (for other classes too), indeed gear nerfing seems to have happened.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kathriana
      Guild Vengeance (Alonsus) is recruiting for hc/mythic raids in legion!
      We are a mature 18+ guild with a core team of experienced players. Atm we are raiding EN hc, our progress is 7/7 hc. We are ready to start on mythic and are currently looking for active and dedicated players to complete our raiding team. Our raiding days: wed, thus, mon 20-23 ST.
      What we expect from players: Have you char raid ready with appropriate raiding specs, enchants, gems and consumables, for a raiding rank to be able to attend at least 2-3 raids per week, be prepared with tactics and have at least some heroic raiding experience. Be mature and have positive raiding attitude.
      What we will provide: As a guild we have existed since TBC and we have cleared all raids on heroic and mythic difficulty in previous expansions. During our raids we make sure that we have solid tactics that is always adjusted to the group composition, we provide fast and effective problem solving if there are any issues occurring during the encounter. And most importantly we have a good and enjoyable raiding atmosphere, we make sure we progress, kill bosses and have fun at the same time!
      Who we are recruiting: Currently we are looking for Ranged DPS. Any other exceptional applicants might be considered.
      To Apply:
      For any questions:VR1#2581
    • By zett245
      Call of the Void is aiming to strengthen our roster. We are currently 7/7H and looking to dive into mythics as soon as possible. If you have the skill and drive to push progression, we're looking for you! We raid Tuesday-Thursday, 7-10 CST. Apply here
      Currently looking for ranged dps but are willing to trial some melee!
    • By Sajakain
      ► Introduction:
      <Hand of Fate> is an Alliance Raiding Guild on US-Stormrage and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our raid team. Our overall goal is to clear content while it is relevant while only raiding two nights a week.
      What are your goals for Legion? What kind of raid team are you looking for?
      ► The Details:
      Here are some of the direct details you are probably looking for concerning our team:
      Raid Days: Tuesday and Wednesday Raid Time: 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) Invites: 8:30 PM - 8:45 PM EST Attendance Requirement: 100% Current Progression: 7/7(H)  
      ► What We're Looking For:
      Above anything else, we're looking for the player with an attitude and character that fits our team. We have turned several "skilled" players away simply because their attitude was not right for our team. Gear can be given and this game can be taught; character and attitude cannot.
      Specific Class Needs:
      We consider all applications that are submitted regardless of class or spec. We are, however, in immediate need of:
      Healers: (Druid, Monk, Paladin, Shaman MDPS: (Rogue) RDPS: (Druid, Hunter, Priest)  
      ► Our Expectations:
      All or our expectations can be found on our website (provided below) in greater detail. For a quick list, however, we expect the following:
      You should shoot for 100% attendance. We understand life happens (and do allow for absences as such) but you are committing yourself to a team with other individuals who are adjusting their lives to raid with you. If you should need to miss raid, we have a forum board to post such absences. You should be well versed in your chosen class and spec. As a bonus, being well versed in multiple specs (based on class) is even better. You should be able to handle the game, smoothly with adequate graphics to determine where the fire is. Additionally, your connection should be stable enough to prevent you from disconnecting twice an hour. Lagging out and disconnecting on a regular basis is not acceptable. Additionally, you should have a functioning microphone to communicate in TeamSpeak. Talking will not always be required of you but you should have the ability and willingness to do so if asked. You should be willing to register on our website and, at the very least, read content that is posted to it. Writing on our forums is not required except in rare cases. Our website is a valuable resource to the guild; it hosts information about upcoming raids, strategies, and theorycrafting sections but is also host to some of our recreational games that involves you outside of raiding; fun stuff with prizes and entertaining posts all around.
      ► Mythic+ Dungeons:
      We are also recruiting folks that are interested in farming Mythic+ dungeons in addition to our raiding.
      ► Contact Information:
      Below you will find the information you need to get in contact with us should you have any questions or concerns. Additionally, you will find the link to our website so that you can read more about us.
      Thank you for taking the time to read this and we look forward to finding like-minded individuals to take on Legion with us!
      BattleTag Contacts:
      Sajakain (Guild Master / Raid Leader): Sajakain#1683 Sanatlock (Guild Officer): KUEng#1553
    • By Reikettsu
      Like A Boss - 7/7H Recruiting Ranged DPS and Heals for Mythic progression.
      About us:
      Like A Boss was founded during WotLK by a small group of in real life friends. We are formerly a 10-man Heroic raiding guild that raided throughout WotLK and went on a hiatus during Firelands (Cataclysm). We are a semi-hardcore guild, and are looking for dedicated members who are able to make majority (if not all) of our scheduled raids.
      What we are looking for:
      We currently have 15 raiders and we are looking to recruit more members to join our flexible raid roster so that we may progress into Mythic raids. At this moment, we are only seeking out ranged DPS (prefer lock, mage, or hunter) and healers (prefer druid or monk).
      Additional information and scheduled raids:
      Our raids are currently on Tues/Wed/Sun from 6:30pm PST till 8:30pm PST and we use Ventrilo for our raids. We typically try out new recruits for at least a week or two to ensure that it is a good fit for both the recruit as well as our guild. Raid spots are not guaranteed due to the flexible raid roster (ie. if we only have 2 healers available, we cannot do 20man that night).
      If you are interested in our guild or want to know more, please message/add Shells-Bloodscalp or Ryozul#1598. For the horde!
    • By SkaptorZ
      Hi everyone,
      I've been playing hearthstone for a while now and my favorite deck is N'Zoth paladin. I can easily reach rank 10 with this deck but i am keeping track and i have a 100% lose rate against fast freeze mage, the deck with a lot of card draw and mostly spells. No matter how much board control or health i have, they always seem to be able to deal 30+ damage in 1 single turn at some point, and you know its going to happpen when they drop emperor thaurissan. I'm getting really annoyed and have tried things like the eater of secrets to stop them but so far i havent been able to beat a single one of them... I know warrior is a good matchup but is there really now possible way to beat them with N'Zoth paladin? I'm also having the same problem dealing with malygos/thaurissan combos...
      Hopefully someone can help me out!