kayleee

Mind Sear question

7 posts in this topic

I have a question regarding when to use Mind Sear in the Shadow Priest AoE rotation. Well, rather, I know when to use it, but I'm not sure if I should be channeling the tank (if he's in the middle of the pack) or one of the adds. I see you briefly mention channeling on the tank, but I don't understand why.

Does this mean wasted damage, since Mind Sear is not damaging the tank and it would have damaged the target I was channeling on, if I was channeling on one?

Thanks

I dont play shadow much but I think the reason for targeting the tank is that you will never need to switch target.

If you are targeting a specific add and halfway through your channeling that add dies, there will be dps loss as you have to find another target. But as the tank should fully survive the encounter anyway there wont be any dps lost in the process.

1 person likes this

Peelyon is exactly right, indeed. Sorry for my delayed response :)

I hate to say it, but Peelyon is right. It's perfect for us lazy priests. You just channel on the tank, and he does all the work :P

1 person likes this

I hate to say it, but Peelyon is right. It's perfect for us lazy priests. You just channel on the tank, and he does all the work Posted Image

OMG she posts! Nean that must have been SO hard for you to say Im right!!!!

OMG she posts! Nean that must have been SO hard for you to say Im right!!!!

It was indeed.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rogmaw
      So i was lucky enough to get Drinking Horn Cover for my WW. 

I was playing around with it today and i noticed something. It seems you should get the Energizing Elixir talent. Reason being is that if you manage to pull off the rotation properly then you can actually be able to use Fist of Fury twice before the Storm, Earth and Fire clones expires. This makes it really good considering the artifact passives that affect FoF with and without SEaF.

Rotation
      Currently, i'm seeing this rotation to be the most effective:
      x2 Tiger Palm > Touch of Death > Storm, Earth and Fire > Fist of Fury > Strike of the Windlord > RSK > Blacout Kick until FoF's off CD. (Make sure you have chi when that happens)
      The idea is to increase the chi spent as much as possible in between cooldowns, while still making sure that the very millisecond it goes off cooldown you have 3 chi to spend on it.

Downside?
      In order to make sure your SEaF are still up until the end of FoF, you can not use Whirling Dragon Punch during SEaF.  AFAIK, you can't change talents to compensate for that. Serenity doesn't work with the legendary and I have no theoretical number on Chi Orbit You can't rely on combo strikes on every single hit as you need to burn chi fast by spamming Blackout kick Question then is, does the downside far outweigh the upside, should i not prioritize double FoF?
    • By Vandexel
      Hi, I was just wondering because the rotation guide is a little unclear on icy veins. In the first rotation it says cast aimed shot if you can complete it before vulnerable wears off, and then cast windburst otherwise. But a little farther down it says to cast windburst on cooldown and then it says cast aimed shot when vulnerable is active. Should I prioritize windburst over an aimed shot + vulnerable?

Thanks!
    • By Bane
      Hi all,
      So I'm returning to WoW after taking about a year off and am looking for a little assistance with my Outlaw Rogue because I am apparently missing something.
      I've followed IV's Outlaw Rogue Guide as closely as I could. Here's a breakdown of what I'm running with:
      Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Bàné/simple Warcraft Logs (H Ursoc for example): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/D8Txfm7FbNwcR1VY/#type=damage-done&source=23 My rotation is (as far as I can tell) right from the Guide M4D to RTB AB &  CotDB simultaneously when I can Guildie for comparison (with lower ilvl): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/D8Txfm7FbNwcR1VY/#type=damage-done&source=32 So I'm not currently running Ghostly Strike, which I am considering changing. But overall I feel  like sometimes I'm waiting for the "perfect" moment to cast AB/CotDB, so as not to waste any time on it. Also, my when I RTB, I will always typically get 1 buff and I feel like I am wasting CPs  rerolling two, three or four times.
      Anyway.. I'm geared well, and I've got my weapons pretty high - I feel like I am underachieving and looking for any assistance this community can lend.
      Thanks!
    • By Darksong
      Dear Fellow Warriors,
      I've been playing arms for quite awhile now, and I've not been doing well in raids. On fights like the Dragons, routinely bottom tier of my group's dps.
      On Ursoc though, I was 4th. However, my dps seems too far from what others are able to accomplish. (IE, I'm only doing 212k DPS on Ursoc - Normal)

On the Lesser Sparring Partner, i'm only doing about 150k dps. after two minutes-3 minutes of parsing

To help distill the issues with my rotation and take away most of the mechanics, let's use the gear check boss, Ursoc, since it's relatively immobile.

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Darksong/simple

Let's compare two logs. One's mine (ilvl 844 - 212k dps), with someone of similar iLvl (844 368k dps), on the same fight in Normal Ursoc:
      My Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YDcMvgnAJpPhXyfK#fight=13&type=damage-done&source=56

Comparison Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/93kqYVwpQv1fA2ag#fight=19&type=damage-done&source=135

Ok, taking out the fact that I don't have a legion pot, and didnt use Pot of the Old War, I seem to be doing very little damage, my MS hits for a lot less, etc.

Taking a look at my damage during Heroic Dragons of Nightmare, is rather depressing. Here I finally managed to buy some flasks, but not to much effect it seems.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T9QJD4LVZHfMzwgP

Let me explain my rotation:

1. Charge
      2. Stack Focused Rage to 3 stacks
      3. Battle Cry + Colossus Smash + Avatar,

(During Battle Cry)
      Hit CS/MS when it pops up, else FR+Hamstring till 3 points, slam if FR already at 3.

(Once out of Battle Cry)
      Continue building FR stacks, hit CS and MS when it comes up (even if FR less than 3)

(Once in Execute Range)
      Colossus Smash->Execute ->CS->Exe when available.

PS: One question, since I've been focusing on maximising my mastery, my non-CS/shattered Defenses MS has been pathetic, maybe doing 200k damage with 3 FR stacks. Should i be maximising my CS duration (IE: do NOT hit CS again when there's still a few seconds left on the CS duration?)

Thanks in advance for ANY help at all.

• By Lapideus
      Hi,
      As described in the title I am looking for assistance in playing Fire Mage, so info dump here:
      Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-venture-co/Phlegmatic/advanced
      Artifact, Talents and Stats screenshots included.
      The 3rd Relic on Felo'Melorn is an ilvl840 Molten Giant's Eye that provides +1 to Burning Gaze (1% increased Fire Critical damage)
      Finally, I have a WarcraftLog of a 4:21 rotation example against a Greater Bulwark Construct in the Mage Order Hall (and will update the post with a mythic or something as soon as I can). https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fy78Y2mx3Z1DP9Cz
      My concerns are currently the amount of time I spend fishing for Heating Up procs and my low burst on the start of fights despite following the opening rotation recommendations very closely. Sometimes I have a slip and miss a Pyromaniac proc (will set up a WA notification for that soon) or I activate Flame On a bit too early but those mistakes are getting a lot less frequent. The WarcraftLogs example is fairly representative of how I usually do it. It also shows how I delay using my cooldowns so that they are ready for use all together. Despite all this I sometimes average around 110-120k on trash packs (and I only use Flamestrike on 5 or above monsters). My single target is also not spectacular and I hover around 150-160k. Either way, I do feel like I am underperforming in relation to my ilvl and wish to improve.
      Any advice or comments would be appreciated!