kayleee

Mind Sear question

7 posts in this topic

I have a question regarding when to use Mind Sear in the Shadow Priest AoE rotation. Well, rather, I know when to use it, but I'm not sure if I should be channeling the tank (if he's in the middle of the pack) or one of the adds. I see you briefly mention channeling on the tank, but I don't understand why.

Does this mean wasted damage, since Mind Sear is not damaging the tank and it would have damaged the target I was channeling on, if I was channeling on one?

Thanks

I dont play shadow much but I think the reason for targeting the tank is that you will never need to switch target.

If you are targeting a specific add and halfway through your channeling that add dies, there will be dps loss as you have to find another target. But as the tank should fully survive the encounter anyway there wont be any dps lost in the process.

1 person likes this

Peelyon is exactly right, indeed. Sorry for my delayed response :)

I hate to say it, but Peelyon is right. It's perfect for us lazy priests. You just channel on the tank, and he does all the work :P

1 person likes this

I hate to say it, but Peelyon is right. It's perfect for us lazy priests. You just channel on the tank, and he does all the work Posted Image

OMG she posts! Nean that must have been SO hard for you to say Im right!!!!

OMG she posts! Nean that must have been SO hard for you to say Im right!!!!

It was indeed.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Alst3r
      Hello hunters,
      i nees some help with the marksmanship rotation. I'm trying to follow the guide of azortharion

In no-proc periods:  Arcane Shot until 95 Focus, then  Aimed Shot to not Focus cap and repeat. If  Windburst becomes available during one of these periods, use it immediately and generate focus with Arcane Shot afterwards. Then, towards the end of the  Vulnerable window, cast the 2 Aimed Shots with roughly 4 seconds remaining on  Vulnerable. When you get a proc: →  Marked Shot → Keep Cast  Arcane Shot once (twice with extremely high Haste) so that there is only ~4 seconds remaining on Vulnerable → 2x  Aimed Shots.  
      But i really have some diffcult. Usually i'm doing this:
      - If vulnerable is down: cast windurst if is up or marked shot -> 1x arcane shot -> 2x aimed shot
      But really, i never have enough focus to do this and a lot of time i can cast only 1 aimed shot.

I dont understand.
    • By stormcaster
      Union is an Alliance guild on Uldum (PVE server) - I will keep this short. We are looking to add two ranged dps to our core mythic team. We would prefer a hunter/shadow priest/boomkin. We are currently 9/10 Heroic in Nighthold after 2 nights of heroic raiding. We were 7/7M in EN and 2/3M in ToV. We raid:

Tuesday - 8-11 EST
      Thursday - 8-11 EST
      Sunday 7-11 EST

We recruit players that have a good attitude, have high dps and are good with mechanics and movement. 

If interested, add me on btag: Stormcaster#1629
    • By zmandude24
      I'm considering taking on the challenge of the shadow priest as my guild needs ranged dps and the idea of a difficult but solid spec sounds fun, though I don't want to only be useful when I can keep up S2M and crap otherwise. I heard before 7.1.5 that they were weak dps until they master a broken talent and then skyrocket to the top of the meters.
    • By Browed
      I will NOT be using BoS in 7.1.5...  why?
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=132459/perseverance-of-the-ebon-martyr
      Build:
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/frost/cj7z
      Basically with the combination of Gathering Storm (extended RW) and fitting more Rime into that time period I'm hoping that my M+ hybrid spec will remain competitive and the sims thus far seem to support the theory.
      If you have the helm too, grats! and look forward to the major increase in it's power with Freezing Fog +30% and Tier 19 based around more Rime and more RP from Rime we should see many viable builds popping up on logs. **Stay with FP for now until you have T19 x 2 - see updated build link ^^
      Why not BoS and Hungering? ... well, I'm looking for big Rime crits and don't fancy the long CD to manage. I also want to remain powerful in M+ which should be the case with this build... I'm pretty sure I can become more useful with Winter is Coming + extended RW... stunning mobs for the whole of PoF uptime.
      Obliteration will be used to maximise rune spam for Gathering Storm.
      Lets hear your thoughts?