kayleee

Mind Sear question

7 posts in this topic

I have a question regarding when to use Mind Sear in the Shadow Priest AoE rotation. Well, rather, I know when to use it, but I'm not sure if I should be channeling the tank (if he's in the middle of the pack) or one of the adds. I see you briefly mention channeling on the tank, but I don't understand why.

Does this mean wasted damage, since Mind Sear is not damaging the tank and it would have damaged the target I was channeling on, if I was channeling on one?

Thanks

I dont play shadow much but I think the reason for targeting the tank is that you will never need to switch target.

If you are targeting a specific add and halfway through your channeling that add dies, there will be dps loss as you have to find another target. But as the tank should fully survive the encounter anyway there wont be any dps lost in the process.

1 person likes this

Peelyon is exactly right, indeed. Sorry for my delayed response :)

I hate to say it, but Peelyon is right. It's perfect for us lazy priests. You just channel on the tank, and he does all the work :P

1 person likes this

I hate to say it, but Peelyon is right. It's perfect for us lazy priests. You just channel on the tank, and he does all the work Posted Image

OMG she posts! Nean that must have been SO hard for you to say Im right!!!!

OMG she posts! Nean that must have been SO hard for you to say Im right!!!!

It was indeed.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Psyh
      Up until Legion, I've primary spent my time in game in Areans or BGs, however the concept of Mythic+ really intrigues me. I'm stuck trying though trying to decide which class I want to main spec before Legion comes out. 
      The reason why it's a concern now, is because I don't want to start dumping my artifact power into one weapon, only to, down the road, regret my decision and switch. To my knowledge there's no way to "refund" artifact power at this time - please stop my now if there is. 
      Furthermore, I want to chose a spec that's going to be both viable in PVP (3's mostly) and Mythic+ dungeons (I know, I'm asking for a lot here). I already know Shadow is going to be a strong contender in 3's and I'm fairly certain Disc will be as well (I think, I hope). What I don't know, is where do they both stand in Mythic+. 
      I've stayed away from Legion Dungeons on the beta to avoid spoilers, but on live, they seem to struggle with AoE healing (at least compared to other healers). Has anyone played either spec on the beta, in Mythic+ and would care to share their experience? 
      I'm sure it'll come up, so let me get it out of the way --- I have no interest in playing Holy. Yes, I know they're an amazing healer. They spec as a whole does not appeal to me, the whole "holy light" thing. I like Disc and Shadow, because of the lore surrounding them and it's what kept me playing a priest for 8 years now. 
      Thanks in advance for the feedback!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Legendary Resurrect Priest Control Standard deck.
    • By Neshama
      Hi,
      I have simple question.

What to do when Im missing one combo point and all my bleeds are ticking ??

Examples:
      1. I have 4 out of 5 combo points, do I cast 4cp Envenom or do I use Mutilate or Hemo to get that one missing point and then cast full 5cp Envenom ??
      2. Im 5 out 6 combo points (with Deeper Stratgem talent), same as above, do I cast Mutilate, Hemo to get full 6cp, or I just dump 5cp Envenom ??

• By Rude
      Does anyone know the actual stat weights for Shadow Priest currently?
      I know they are Haste > Crit > Vers/Mastery > Mastery/Vers. I am trying to make a BiS list currently and am finding it difficult to choose between certain items when I don't know exactly how much better haste is compared to crit or how much worse vers is.
      If anyone knows the stat values compared to int I would really appreciate it.