Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chat Window Macro gone Wrong

4 posts in this topic

Goodmorning Icy-Veins,

A couple of months i ago i was playing around with my UI and found a video of a hunter who had a very minimalistic UI.
At that point i fell in love with this UI and made all the required changes and i was happy..... until now.

Couple months later i started raiding, heroic, and i noticed i required access to my chat window all the time.
But during my UI changes i've added a macro which basically hided my chat window during combat (only visible with mouse over)
and which became automatically available after combat. 

Trying to fix this issue myself i've deleted the macro, but with no success. So at this point i still have a disappearing chat window and i have no clue how to resolve this....

Does anybody have any ideas how to resolve this issue, without doing a full re-install.
Thanks in advanced.

So there are a few options.

If you still have a copy of the macro you can post it and the lovely members of this community can probably aid you in reversing the damage it did.

You can do a reset of your client settings without re-installing by going to the options (click system) on the login screen and then click reset account settings.

You can also delete the folder named WTF in your WoW folder to clear settings for the account (this will redownload most of your important stuff from the server so you will have less time spent redoing binds, but more spent reconfiguring addons).

Thanks for the feedback Psifour, i i'll give it a try tonight :)

/run _CHATHIDE=not _CHATHIDE for i=1,NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do for _,v in pairs{"","Tab"}do local f=_G["ChatFrame"..i..v]if _CHATHIDE then f.v=f:IsVisible()end f.ORShow=f.ORShow or f.Show f.Show=_CHATHIDE and f.Hide or f.ORShow if f.v then f:Show()end end end

found the macro i used. Can somebody please undo this ^^

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mulajin
      Hate to be another needy fellow who is having a hard time analyzing the logs, but I'm trying to dig through and see what I'm doing wrong, but I can't find it all...
      I have Greenskins Waterlogged bracers, so i've thrown BttE into the rotation (when I remember to check the CD) and follow with the next PS proc (hopefully Blunderbuss!) that's my only rotation variation I'm attempting. I havent been using ghostly strike, because I have a terrible time remembering to keep it up, but I'm going to try again. (I wasn't specced  with GS for these logs) 
      I think I might be having an issue with casting PS/BB too much, but I'm sure there are other issues.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      ShadowCraft: (SC seems to be weird, is it not yet fully capable of handling all the ilvl variations?)
      Thanks a bunch guys.
      Edit: note: I know I'm using old pots/flasks, I'm a bit behind on being able to upgrade, so I'm currently only using current pots/flasks on some occasions. 
    • By Stan
      Patch 7.1 is approaching and a lot of players will be lured by the siren of false riches.
      For details which items are available in exchange for Blood of Sargeras look here. What will happen after Patch 7.1 goes live?
      Prices of reagents will go drastically down as there will be a large spike in in supply. Players will be burning their bloods. Many players are currently sitting on lots of bloods, because apart from Professions there's currently no use for them.  These very same players are willing to make quick Gold, which is where we will strike to make even more. Prices will stabilize again somewhere below their current values when people burn all their bloods. We want to make the most out of this opportunity, because we are patient little Goblins, right? Here are some steps to make you prepared for the Patch.
      Nobody will be buying crappy items like Unbroken Claw or Lean Shank from the vendor as they want to maximize the value of bloods. It all comes down to players whining about how expensive all herb-based products (flasks, elixirs) are, so let's talk herbs! Hebs
      Will be the most valued commodity. Let's do a little research with Median Prices (US)
      Fjarnskaggl's price is 44.31 Gold. Foxflower's price is 48.86 Gold. Starlight Rose price is 114.71 Gold. (Source)
      Blood Spending
      So, spending a blood on the Fjarnskaggl is 443.10 Gold, Foxflower 488.60 Gold and Starlight Rose just 344.13 Gold, which bring us to a conclusion that to get the maximum value of your bloods spend them on Fjarnskaggl & Foxflower.
      Buying Herbs & Making Profit
      Starlight Rose is a reagent used for many flasks. On Patch day (October 25), buy as many as you can. The influx in supply will be vast and the price reduction will be crazy on Tuesday/Wednesday. Wait until at least November 8 when Trial of Valor opens and resell all the roses when the demand gets higher and people will have spent their bloods. Closing Tips
      Don't forget to set up your Sniper to constantly scan the Auction House as miss-pricing will definitely occur. A separate account just for constant Sniping can always make you tons of gold!
    • By zanpander
      so im 848 ilvl and in mythics i do around 150k-200k dps  but mostly on the low end  is this normal ? 
      rotation  the icy veins rotation 
      warcraft log ( im new to making logs so idk if i messed this up or not )
    • By Stan
      Today's blue posts cover Trial of Valor LFR Testing, Havoc Demon Hunters, Outlaw Rogues, Honor Talents & Prestige and finally the Zoom Slider.
      The LFR difficulty for Trial of Valor is being playtested now on Public Test Realms until tomorrow.
      The Trial of Valor raid will be opening very shortly for testing on Raid Finder difficulty, and will remain open through tomorrow. Please use this thread to provide feedback, bug reports, and other relevant commentary.
      If you prestiged at least once prior to 7.1, all Honor Talents will be unlocked when the patch goes live.
      f you have already prestiged at least once before 7.1 then all of the honor talents will be automatically unlocked once 7.1 goes live.
      Source for those who want double confirmation:
      Havoc Demon Hunter talent diversification is on the list, here's an update from Ornyx. The changes won't come with 7.1, but later in a hotfix maybe?
      Hey everyone,

Bit of an update here - we’re looking into potentially making some changes to a few of Havoc’s talents, to diversify your options a bit and make certain rows feel more like there’s a choice to be made. 

No details to share just yet, and these changes won’t make it into Patch 7.1, but we’re working on it.
      Buffs to Outlaw Rogues are imminent. Devs confirmed seeing them a little lower in numbers than expected. Another discussed subject is Roll the Bones.
      Hey everyone,

Thanks again for your patience here as it does take some time to make sure we go over all the feedback we receive - we've been having a few conversations based on the feedback in this thread and throughout the community, and I wanted to share our thoughts on Roll the Bones, as well as the state of Outlaw overall.

Roll the Bones is a spec-defining ability for Outlaw Rogues, and there’s a lot of depth to the gameplay of reacting to the various buffs that the Bones can provide, as they alter the flow and pace of combat. We’re happy with how it’s played out, and there are very few class mechanics that can rival the excitement of getting that elusive 6-buff at just the right time.

That said, we recognize that that playstyle might not sit well for everyone, which is why we created Slice and Dice as an alternative to opt-out of the Roll the Bones playstyle. Marked for Death and Death From Above take a little more effort to use effectively, and need to give enough of a benefit to reward that effort, but we’re going to take another look at Slice and Dice to make sure it’s living up to expectations. If it isn’t, we’ll look into making some improvements.

Separately from Roll the Bones, we do feel that Outlaw’s DPS has ended up a little lower than we’d like it to be, and are looking into some options to bring it up a bit. We don’t have an ETA just yet on when that might happen, but it’s on our to-do list.
      No nerfs to zoom, only cVAR changes on PTRs.
      Zoom nerfed on PTR. Intended?
      Intended, yes - but maybe not quite in the way you phrased it.

The CVar has changed to cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor, so the command you will want to use now is "/console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6". This value should also persist now, so you only need to use the command once.

The slider itself was unnecessary, and has been removed. The default value is set to the max, and very, very few people (if anyone?) used it to reduce their maximum zoom distance. The game's zoom distance will now default to the old maximum value of 1.9 unless changed with the above console command.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, though! Appreciate the feedback here. :)
      Can you ask the dev team to do one small test before considering this to go live? Try the Lorlathil daily where you have to gather the nuts. I have to zoom way in to click on them, otherwise the click region is so small, it's frustrating. I'm sure there are other quests that will be similar (catching the squirrels or whatever they are) in hyjal, for instance.
      This doesn't affect the amount you can zoom in, only the amount you can zoom out. We did take situations like this into account, but we don't believe players are necessarily reducing their maximum camera view distance for this (rather than just mouse-wheeling to zoom in).
      That's it for today's blues!
    • By Stan
      Patch 7.1 arrives on Oct 25. A survival guide was released, showcasing some of the content additions.
      Karazhan opens as soon as the Patch goes live. Trial of Valor opens on November 8. The Suramar campaign continues with a series of quests revolving around the elven races. New adventures in the Broken Isles await. There are big changes planned for PvP too. Blizzard Entertainment
      Mark your calendars and get ready to make your Return to Karazhan on October 25! Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan will take you further into the ongoing stories within Legion and bring with it new and exciting challenges.
      What addition makes you feel especially excited?