Advice pl0x

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

So i've got a bit of a thing for being a healer at the moment. I've always dabbled in it on my pally, even on my druid once, but i LOVE the idea of the new Disc priest, where you apply atonement and then DPS, thus helping the raid / dungeon move forward.

Imagine my excitement when i saw the beta videos on YouTube explaining how it worked.

Imagine my dissappointment when i tried to put it into practice.

I acceopt that this is probably my fault in some way but i cannot get past Proving grounds gold challenge level 4. There is just too much damage coming in, and I d not have sufficient mitigation, by half way through the encounter, I am pretty much having to spam Shadow Mend because the healing from atonement is barely noticable. 

Im not level capped yet on this alt so im happy to believe that MAYBE this will improve once i am in class hall gear or something but I am close to just switching back to my holy Pally instead. 

Does it get any better or is Disc a dead healing spec?

I've not yet got my teeth into Disc this Expansion but had a good chat with some people that have. 

From what i am hearing, Disc is more than capable. Obviously taking your own group into Dungeons with people that know how to press dmg mitigation buttons helps a lot. 

Pugs are somewhat harder but not impossible. 

yea i figured as much, Im loving the survivability solo too. Im tanking 8 mobs as a priest comfortably, i dont even intentionally do that on my protadin lol

1 person likes this

Well done on coming back and letting us know how it went!

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By orazzledazzle
      Hello there. I'm looking to try and improve my dps in raids. I'm not sure where too start or how too really read logs, but I do have links too them. Any tips or help is appreciated as I'm new too raiding and wow as a whole so I'd appreciate any advice I can get. Here's a link too my logs and my armory.
      Logs - ( died on this fight)
      Armory -'jaeden/valicia/
      my user name is Valicia as you can see on the armory, but I don't know how to link to my specific character log, sorry about that.
    • By Ludavyk
      Server: Zul'jin - Horde
      Raid Times: 7-10pm EST - T/W
      Celestial Being is recruiting to round out our mythic roster. The core of our team has Mythic experience including top 50 US experience. Mythic experience is preferred, along with current logs. We raid on a brief schedule and expect people prepared to progress.
      Current Needs:
      Priest - All Specs
      Shaman - Elemental/Enhancement
      Druid - Feral
      Paladin - Ret
      Exceptional players of all classes will be considered, feel free to discuss.
      Please contact for more information.
    • By Fukwon
      Nothing To Lose is recruiting exceptional players for Mythic Emerald Nightmare and Legion progression.
      Raid times are 7-11pm Central Standard Time on Wednesday and Friday nights.

We are mainly interested in Ranged DPS at the moment, however
      we are always willing to accept talented and experienced raiders.
      The following classes would be highly preferred:
      -Mage (Fire)
      -Priest (Shadow)
      -Druid (Balance)

For Mythic content, we expect our raiders to be consistent both in their attendance and performance. We are a generally laid back and sarcastic crowd, but our 20 spots will be filled by those who:
      -Show up on time with full consumables
      -Know the ins and outs of their class
      -Know the boss mechanics 
      -Push their numbers to highest possible in their spec.

<NTL> has been on Cho'Gall since the Burning Crusade, and we intend to be around through Legion and beyond. Join us for some !@#$-talking, meter-whoring, and good old-fashioned purps.

The easiest way to apply is to contact myself (GM) directly via PM or in-game mail.
    • By Stenbock
      I recently switched from DK Tank to Paladin Tank (Similar stat prios) and I was wondering how much haste should I aim for and is Versatility more important than Haste like AskMrRobot says? 
      I raid twice a week but I mainly do M+ Content and I seem to be stuck at M+7 so if you have any advice there I will gladly take it. 
      Here's a link to my Paladin.
      I am in my raid spec currently and I switch my lvl 100 talent to Last Defender when I do M+.
      Any help is appreciated. :)
    • By wowguy233
      Howdy, everybody! So with the release of Legion, I thought I'd make a more updated guide to the basics of the warrior class in World of Warcraft. I did this because my old guide was about 2 years old and was made when MoP was still current! Crazy, I know. But nonetheless, I made the guide so that I could help new warriors learn the fundamentals of their class. It covers stuff such as the resource that the Warrior uses, how it's generated, what is common among the specializations,  the benefits of choosing different races for your warrior (takes up the majority of the video's time), and much more! And if this video is able to help even one person out there learn and understand the warrior a little better, it will have been worth making. The video is about 20 minutes long, so grab a drink and/or snack and enjoy the video!  :D