FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ashtarron

Please help my DPS

Hello,

I'm struggling to improve my dps in raids at the moment:

http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/draenor/Ashatarron

Comparing myself to another mm hunter in a raid with the same talents as me, on HC Ursoc (Pony is the comparison hunter):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gdbJkVTmxaY8K2Bh#type=damage-done&fight=8&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%24107586234.0.0.Hunter%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24204147

He is doing much better for his ilvl, even though we seem to have similar casts.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? His crit on aimed shot and marked shot is about 13% higher than mine, and I'm not sure how he's achieving that since our crit chance on other abilities is similar.

Thank you.

Hi !

Only thing i see on log is that you lack a lot of mastery, you should aim 10/11k+ minimum.

Sometimes lesser ilvl with more mastery is better than high ilvl without

• Like 1

Not entirely sure if you actually run without the Lone Wolf talent, but that and your lack of mastery would play a huge part in the smaller crits.
My hunter has ~12k mastery and is only 853 ilvl and I've yet to find anyone within 10 ilvls of any of the three specs that can match my dps.

Also, from what I've seen Sephuz's Secret is mostly useless in pve, any ring with 1100-1300~ mastery would be significantly better.

21 hours ago, Kufru said:

Hi !

Only thing i see on log is that you lack a lot of mastery, you should aim 10/11k+ minimum.

Sometimes lesser ilvl with more mastery is better than high ilvl without

I couldn't agree more!

Sadly Stats > ilvl in almost every piece of gear unless primary is agi. if it is stam, u will almost always take a mastery over a higher ilvl without. Trinkets are a big role too, are u keeping range with Naraxus tongue? I literally have trinkets 30 ilvls higher that I dont equip simply due to stats/bonuses. If i do i lose around 5% of my dps.