Saurohn

Demonology DPS needs improvement

3 posts in this topic

I was prepared to say "Log a raid please, 5 mans won't show anything." But you logged Rokmora and he is a good boss to log, even though you were in weird talents because of 5 man.

Somethings are still messed up since it is a short fight and a 5 man, but there are some major issues I see that can be addressed.

Doom uptime is horrid, 76% is more than 20% to low.

Use of Shadow Flame was very  poor, only cast it 4 times and never held/maintained 3 stack with it. Shadow Flame is a small ST DPS gain if used perfectly and a major DPS loss if used incorrectly, I highly recommend not taking it until you are ready to perfect the finest points of Demo.

1 cast of Deadstalkers is terrifyingly low.

1 cast of TKC is low.

I see Thal'kie's Discord in your logs, I have never seen that before. I had to try and remember what it was when I finally remembered that it is the 3rd Gold Trait. If you have that trait, you didn't take the best path with your traits by a long shot. If you're at or under about 20 or so traits, I would recommend resetting and using the path listed in the Demo guide.

2 people like this

I reread the guide.

I adjusted talents and spell rotation. I currently have 23 traits, so have paused before refunding artifact power. Some of the efforts have paid off, leading me to a significant gain, I appreciate your time and advice. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Draxtor
      I understand the playstyle of pre patch demo, getting out as many demonbolts as possible, HoGing, then using Demonic Empowerment. However, since HoG has a slight travel time from the initial cast to when the imps actually register as down is it more beneficial to HoG, Demonbolt, THEN Demonic Empowerment? I know maintaining Demonic Empowerment is essential so Imps get as many casts as possible towards the 4 set proc, but if you follow a HoG with Demonic Empowerment are those Imps actually getting the empowerment if you're at high haste levels?
    • By Kafqa
      Hey guys, I'm looking for help to improve my DPS in our Mythic Raid. Last night I felt like I was underperforming much. I especially look for advice for my Single Target Damage.

All Bosses on Mythic: 
      http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9554383/latest#boss=0

Gruul Fight:
      http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vD17AWCh2kcmzK9r#fight=57&type=damage-done

In comparison with my Heroic-Kills I felt like I was really doing bad:
      http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/9554383/latest#boss=0

Thanks!
    • By Swagsurfer
      Hey Guys. After the recent nerf to demonbolt, i feel like everything changed for me. I'm still trying to adapt to using demonic fury without having DS up (which is hard for me for some reason). Do you just launch a few Soul fires while i form from like 950 fury to 500 fury and then back to regening?

Also my opener is fucked up

I prepot, precast Soul fire,  HoG, corruption, Grimoire: doomguard, darksoul, Shard of nothing, HoG, meta morph, doom, spam soul fire if procs, else touch of chaos.

Then back to spamming shadow bolt untill i have a bunch of fury and molten core procs, then into form and launch them, with cooldowns if ready/appropiate, and then back to spamming shadowbolt and HoG

Do you ever Chaos wave single target if the target isnt going to die before HoG dot can tick out?

tyvm

Swagsurfer
    • By Swagsurfer
      Hey guys. Just did BRF and checked my raid and compared to other locks. I ranked like 315 in my ilvl range but some people are pulling way more than i am, so i figured if any of you have some tips? How are locks pulling 36-38k when i'm here with my measly 32?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WZ3xy4TbA7fgnYrP/#fight=17&type=damage-done&source=10

Might be doing alright, but i might also have crucial mistakes.

Whatcha got for me Icy veins!?

*edit
      For example, Should i use my last fury after dumping, on a chaoswave if i have it? Should i use a molten proc if i have it, or should i just just of chaos and save the other things for fury regenerating?
      Keep in mind that i aim to be the best, so any little thing to improve my dps is appreciated

Also disregard the crazy fight with the moving belts, cuz i was super fucked up on that fight :<
    • By Mystwalker
      Hey all,

Got a quick question, trying to min/max my output as Demo.

In terms of haste breakpoints, what kind of limit would you suggest on how much extra mastery to give up to reach them?

I'm currently running a low haste build and pulling pretty nice numbers, though I'm seeing a lot of suggestions lately to swap to the 14k haste build, and I can see why, since the majority of the time I'm casting ToC in Demo form rather than SF (though not exclusively, I can fit in a few here and there).