Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
profsparkles

SV dps

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I moved from a guild at the end of normal ToT progression (10/12 mostly, though 12/12 at the very end) to a guild that was 8/13 HC at the time, moved to 11/13 HC in the meantime.

My problem is that I feel I’m lagging just behind the rest of the group in DPS. This was acceptable in the first weeks (I joined them when I had a 530 ilvl while they had been doing heroics for weeks), but I’m not closing the gap it seems. I feel I’m not capable of throwing out 200K on Durumu, for example. The burst phase generally feels ok, but I’ve seen me slide down the rankings as the fight goes on. I guess I’m looking for about 10-15K somewhere, at least.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/woost/advanced

About half my gear is HC, and hoping for helmet drop from Twins soon, so I can use the Heroic Sandmail while still preserving my 4pc. Mostly using a haste build atm.

Here is a link to a 12-min Raider’s Training Dummy session, no buffs (except pet)/flasks/potions: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hqzh81iwbo8whr4s/

(could do this as BM too, if it helps, though I'm more used to SV)

In raids, I do get the feeling that my rotation gets less tight because of slight delays. For example, I’ll start casting a Cobra Shot with 1.8 secs left on the ES cooldown, yet it’ll feel like ES sits there unused for quite some time. I generally have 20-25 fps and low latency, 30-50ms, according to the client.

This is a link to a Durumu kill when my ilvl was still around 532:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kbx3hde0axp0h0i9/dashboard/?s=994&e=1373

And a link to a slightly more recent Horridon kill:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pma2sqp1ctha87oc/?s=1391&e=1954

I do have some single-target stuff from Twin Consorts I could upload as well if needed.

If anyone has any more tips on how to effectively analyze hunter metrics in WoL (or otherwise; I find it hard to know which sims to trust ever since RPPM), those would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

I've been waiting for someone more knowledgable to post ... but they seem to be afk!

One thing which looks to be the case is not as many ES as possible. I haven't done hrc modes so this could add to the issue but I think you can squeeze through a few more. Bearing in mind they are the best shot by far you can fire.

Also on one or two of the logs I believe you could have stacked rapid fire with some procs a bit better and used it at least once more if not twice.

If you go onto WoL, look at your chara details for a fight, buffs cast, then click the hash next to ES and LnL, you can then use the hash's which come up next to those below the graph and it will plot them ... which shows you when you had LnL up, if you fired any ES in that time period and how long LnL was up.

There is SO SO much more which can be done with WoL ... so make sure to have a good search around to interpret it yourself, it will be of more use to you in the long run.

Hope this helps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Esabeth
      Our mission is to enjoy World of Warcraft with old and new friends, defeat Azeroth’s enemies, experience daring sagas and savor the land of Azeroth and beyond.

Ascendency is a guild comprised of sociable, mature (21+), team oriented and easy going players. We are looking for more with similar affinities wanting to explore the game and all its aspects all while having fun. All classes are welcomed. Here’s what we offer:

Faction: Horde
      Server: US-Thrall – EST
      Member Type: Adult (21+) Working class w/full time jobs
      Voice Service: Discord
      Social Community: 
      Bi-monthly guild contests/activities, holiday events, and general achievement runs.
      We strive to foster a guild community that represents our values and serve as a home for members, our focus for Legion will be PVE Raid content, Group Mythic Dungeon runs, PVP content, and Achievements. 
      Raid: 
      For those dedicated, who seek a challenge, and are able to progressively ascend higher-level content, come join the Ascendant Legion to defeat Azeroth’s enemies.

Details: Normal progression
      Dedicated/dynamic Team
      Tuesday - 8PM EST (3hr)/Wednesday - 8PM EST (3hr)
      We are 7/7 Emerald Night, 3/3 Trial of Valor and 3/10 Nighthold on the first week!
      Currently Recruiting:
      Death Knight - Tank Demon Hunter - Tank Druid - Tank, Range Dps or Healer Mage - Dps Monk - Tank, Dps or Healer Paladin - Tank or Healer Priest - Healer Shaman - Range Dps Warlock - Dps Hunter - Range Dps
      Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

PVP:
      For those interested in competing together to slay opposing faction players, join and help forge a merciless cadre of champions.

Details: Battlegrounds/Thursdays - 8:30PM EST (2hrs)
      Class: The one you enjoy 

Group Mythic Dungeons:
      For those interested in challenging themselves outside of Raids, then the new Mythic Dungeons feature could be the right fit for you. You get showcase your talents and get rewarded with increasing challenges and loot. Mythic groups will be more fluid than our raid group and can be run on more accommodating night for players with fluctuating schedules.

Details: 5-Man Group
      Sunday/Monday-8PM EST (2hrs)
      Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

Achievements: 
      As an effort to promote the guild’s values, We plan to seek both old content and new, accomplishing those more elusive ones as a group while having a great time. Achievements like For the Horde, Herald of the Titans, meta-raid, and dungeon achievements are some of the achievement we will be looking complete. Our goal is work together and support fellow members to accomplish some the games toughest achievements. Some require a team to complete or at the very least make it easier.

Details: Ascendency Members/As scheduled

Guild Communication:
      The guild has a paid web site, Facebook page and a Twitter account enabling members to socialize and stay informed with the latest and greatest. The website is our primary location to keep up with happenings of the guild.
      http://ascendency.guildlaunch.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/ascendencyguild
      Twitter: Ascendencyguild

Kyriale#1795 - Jyotika
      Esabeth#1634 - Caelaera
      Feorne#1606 - Nóz
      Kelden#1324 - Stormdash
    • By Westvleteren
      Are you looking to experience content with a solid group, but you don't have the time or desire for Mythic raiding?  We might be a great fit!
      Our team is recruiting for normal and heroic mode Nighthold and beyond.  Flex raids mean you always have a raid slot.  The guild provides all raid consumables.
      Raid times:
      Tuesday and Thursdays, 8:00PM - 11:00PM EST. Only six hours a week (often less once fights are on farm).  
      Sunday evenings we often hold optional Alt raids.
      Recruitment needs:
      We are especially interested in Warlocks, Boomkins, Hunters, Death Knights, Demon Hunters, and Rogues. Even if you are not one of those classes, don't hesitate to reach out if we sound like a good fit for you.
      Requirements:
      We ask that you join us in Discord during raids, at least to listen.  Perform reasonably for your gear level in Normal and Heroic raid content.  Our guideline is ilvl 865 but we can work with you. Our raid schedule is light, so we ask that you try to make raids whenever possible.  We of course realize things come up sometimes. Contact:
      Fill out an application on our website: http://condescending.enjin.com/  Navigate to the recruitment forums for instructions. My main is Westvleteren-Zul'jin (battle tag: Westvleteren#1524). My recruitment partner is Aârøñ-Zul'jin (battle tag: cactusdoodle#1677).
    • By Lor
      Sindorei Council, a family-friendly and socially active guild has been active since 7/24/2007 (BC drop), currently 7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, and 5/10 NH.  Seeking DPS (notably ranged) for completion of Heroic and preparation to move on Nighthold.  
      We are not a hardcore progression guild - have never been and don't seek to create that atmosphere.  We are an incredibly welcoming social guild with a core raid component of very skilled players who have enough real-life going on that one night/week (occasionally 2) is what we push for.   We've reached our current raid progression on essentially one night/week. 
      Are you a good fit?  If you enjoy playing your class very well, are reliable to be on at the given time(s), yearn for a fun PG atmosphere in Gchat and Discord with mostly adults, and feel like one (occasionally 2) night per week is ideal for the time you want to put into raiding then we may be a good fit for you.  We help others get better and push people to have fun in guild, raiding or not ( be it through Questing, M+, WQ's, Roics, Pet Battles, etc.). We know our members' backstories and strive to make our guild a family.  Very active FB page and Discord.  
      Schedule:   Current main core raid night is Thursday from 7:30 EST - 10:30 EST (Bloodhoof Server time).  Sunday nights are an alternative night for us.
      Progress:  7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, 5/10 NH
      Loot:  All Personal - hand down to people who need 
      NEEDS: 
      - Ele Shaman
      - Mage (Fire or Frost)
      - SPriest
      - Boomkin
      - Hunter
      - Arms Warrior w/ Prot offspec (another skilled dps that is comfortable off spec as Tank works well also (Feral/Guardian, WW/BM, etc.)
      Interested?:
      BTAG: Lorienawk#1319 or Mango#1525.  
      Thanks and Happy Hunting!
    • By Alst3r
      Hello hunters,
      i nees some help with the marksmanship rotation. I'm trying to follow the guide of azortharion

In no-proc periods:  Arcane Shot until 95 Focus, then  Aimed Shot to not Focus cap and repeat. If  Windburst becomes available during one of these periods, use it immediately and generate focus with Arcane Shot afterwards. Then, towards the end of the  Vulnerable window, cast the 2 Aimed Shots with roughly 4 seconds remaining on  Vulnerable. When you get a proc: →  Marked Shot → Keep Cast  Arcane Shot once (twice with extremely high Haste) so that there is only ~4 seconds remaining on Vulnerable → 2x  Aimed Shots.  
      But i really have some diffcult. Usually i'm doing this:
      - If vulnerable is down: cast windurst if is up or marked shot -> 1x arcane shot -> 2x aimed shot
      But really, i never have enough focus to do this and a lot of time i can cast only 1 aimed shot.

I dont understand.
    • By stormcaster
      Union is an Alliance guild on Uldum (PVE server) - I will keep this short. We are looking to add two ranged dps to our core mythic team. We would prefer a hunter/shadow priest/boomkin. We are currently 9/10 Heroic in Nighthold after 2 nights of heroic raiding. We were 7/7M in EN and 2/3M in ToV. We raid:

Tuesday - 8-11 EST
      Thursday - 8-11 EST
      Sunday 7-11 EST

We recruit players that have a good attitude, have high dps and are good with mechanics and movement. 

If interested, add me on btag: Stormcaster#1629