profsparkles

SV dps

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I moved from a guild at the end of normal ToT progression (10/12 mostly, though 12/12 at the very end) to a guild that was 8/13 HC at the time, moved to 11/13 HC in the meantime.

My problem is that I feel I’m lagging just behind the rest of the group in DPS. This was acceptable in the first weeks (I joined them when I had a 530 ilvl while they had been doing heroics for weeks), but I’m not closing the gap it seems. I feel I’m not capable of throwing out 200K on Durumu, for example. The burst phase generally feels ok, but I’ve seen me slide down the rankings as the fight goes on. I guess I’m looking for about 10-15K somewhere, at least.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/woost/advanced

About half my gear is HC, and hoping for helmet drop from Twins soon, so I can use the Heroic Sandmail while still preserving my 4pc. Mostly using a haste build atm.

Here is a link to a 12-min Raider’s Training Dummy session, no buffs (except pet)/flasks/potions: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hqzh81iwbo8whr4s/

(could do this as BM too, if it helps, though I'm more used to SV)

In raids, I do get the feeling that my rotation gets less tight because of slight delays. For example, I’ll start casting a Cobra Shot with 1.8 secs left on the ES cooldown, yet it’ll feel like ES sits there unused for quite some time. I generally have 20-25 fps and low latency, 30-50ms, according to the client.

This is a link to a Durumu kill when my ilvl was still around 532:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kbx3hde0axp0h0i9/dashboard/?s=994&e=1373

And a link to a slightly more recent Horridon kill:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pma2sqp1ctha87oc/?s=1391&e=1954

I do have some single-target stuff from Twin Consorts I could upload as well if needed.

If anyone has any more tips on how to effectively analyze hunter metrics in WoL (or otherwise; I find it hard to know which sims to trust ever since RPPM), those would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

I've been waiting for someone more knowledgable to post ... but they seem to be afk!

One thing which looks to be the case is not as many ES as possible. I haven't done hrc modes so this could add to the issue but I think you can squeeze through a few more. Bearing in mind they are the best shot by far you can fire.

Also on one or two of the logs I believe you could have stacked rapid fire with some procs a bit better and used it at least once more if not twice.

If you go onto WoL, look at your chara details for a fight, buffs cast, then click the hash next to ES and LnL, you can then use the hash's which come up next to those below the graph and it will plot them ... which shows you when you had LnL up, if you fired any ES in that time period and how long LnL was up.

There is SO SO much more which can be done with WoL ... so make sure to have a good search around to interpret it yourself, it will be of more use to you in the long run.

Hope this helps.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun, casually serious progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 19:00- 21:15 CDT. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. We raid with a fun, casual, yet goal oriented focus to finish heroic in current content.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Deputy Raid Leader: Duerdon#1111
      Director: Saffy#1122
      -or-
      lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread in the friend request so my brain won't explode)
      Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!
    • By Hanz39
      This is similiar to Secret Hunter with the addition of Kathrena package and Rexxar DK, it has both good early game and great late game with huge damage from charges and DK hero power.
      It has only 3 legendaries that are necessary to make the deck works and not exchangable with anything else.
      1x Candleshot
      2x Secretkeeper
      2x Wandering Monster
      2x Freezing Trap
      2x Cat Trick
      2x Eaglehorn Bow
      2x Animal Companion
      2x Kill Command
      1x Unleash the Hounds
      2x Deadly Shot
      2x Flanking Strike
      2x Spellbreaker
      2x Lesser Emerald Spellstone
      1x Seeping Oozeling
      1x Deathstalker Rexxar
      2x Charged Devilsaur
      1x Kathrena Winterwisp
      1x King Krush

As you can see the only beasts in the deck are 7/7 or 8/8 with charge so the result of recruit is easy to predict, note that Charged Devilsaur when summoned by recruit can hit face directly since not activate the battlecry.
      The aim of the deck is either win with Wolves from spellstone and early beast summons or charging face with big dinos so stall enough until you can do so if your early game is worse than opponent. 
      Seeping oozeling will always copy Kathrena deathrattle unless you have her in your hand so don't keep Kathrena at 1st turn but keeping Oozeling is fine since it will swing the game if not silenced when played at turn 6.
      The deck is pretty solid and that's what I'm playing mostly in K&C.

• By Fyresparxx
      <Abyss> is recruiting to bolster our Mythic raid team. We are a zero drama guild of adults who enjoy raiding progression content. 
      The guild has been around since day one of classic. We have a relatively relaxed raid environment and solid leadership that encourages players to excel while still enjoying the game.
      Raiders must come prepared, on time, with flasks, pots, food, and runes. 
      Raiders must know their class and role. 
      Potential raiders must have been gearing for the content.
      Drama Queens and Trolls need not apply. 
      Progression:
      5/11M, 11/11H Burning Throne
      Our raid schedule is:
      Tuesday - Thursday
      8PM - 11PM CST
      We are looking for the following classes/specs, but will consider any good and dedicated players.
      Healers - preference for Shaman and Paladin
      Shaman, Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Druid, Monk
      If you are interested in joining our Mythic team, please apply: https://goo.gl/forms/ZQPvm6KYcqEkzTpz1
      If you have any questions please leave a comment, contact Fyresparxx#1148 or Warriorferet#1935 or send a message or in-game mail to Elissa-Whisperwind or Fyresparxx-Whisperwind.
    • By Deadly
      Good day people of the forums!
      Heavy Metal Gaming (Kel'thuzad) is a 2 day, casual guild looking to recruit a few more to round out our roster, and looking ahead to Battle for Azeroth.

Although we are casual, the roster is made up of exceptional players, and we are looking for like-minded/skilled players that are vocal in discord, and engage with the rest of the guild.

The guild and group is made up of friends that have been gaming together for 10+ years. Many of us previously raiding in Top 50 guilds during TBC, WoTLK, and Cata.
      For Legion we are AOTC for all raid content.
      We are looking for:

DPS
      Ranged:
      Hunter
      Warlock
      Mage
      Shadow Priest
      Ele Shaman

Melee:
      Ret Paladin
      Enhancement Shaman

Raid Times
      Tuesday & Wednesday 7-10PM MST
      If you are interested in a laid back guild, but still want to crush raids please respond to this thread, or feel free to add me:
      in game: Deadly#1230
      Or on discord: Deadly#2239
    • By Exstage
      Hay,

I seem to struggle to get better DPS. I figured out that i used chaos strike and blade dance to less. and i should use less Throw glaive and fellrush. 
      But i stil seem to have trouble getting my dps on.  Please take a look on the logs at the 14th. 
      I really dislike using the "eye beam build" (it feel slow to me) so i still use the 2221311 build. 
      Profile:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/15410865
      Armory:
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/magtheridon/zoéy

Thanks already for helping / reading!
      P.s. i have all legendary's