MadMonk

What realm do you play on?

What realm do you play on?   50 members have voted

1. 1. What realm do you play on?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

62 posts in this topic

So, what realm do you play on and why?

I used to play on a normal (PvE) realm until last summer. My guild stopped raiding, realm was kind of dead so I transfered to Auchindoun EU (PvP). So far it hasn't been any different, I maybe got killed twice while leveling 3 alts to 85. However, I am a bit scared for Mists of Pandaria. I have no idea how the PvP aspect comes in play when everyone on the realm is in the same zone. I'm hoping it's not too bad.

I'd like to try an RP realm as well one day, just to get a little more emerged in the game.

How about you?

1 person likes this

I began playing on a pve realm but then got very irritated by some of the general imaturity of some of the young male players so moved to an rp realm. I wasn't in an rp guild though and found (although i didnt rp) the people to be nicer!

I then relocated to Outland (pvp) about 4/5 years ago which is where I reside. It is currently a very over populated realm so the pvp aspect does come into it. Firelands dailys were horrific for getting ganked! Otherwise Madmonk you should expect reasonably frequent capital city raids, getting ganked or farmed when in new zones... and sometimes getting to do the same back! So it can be good can be bad, but if you don't have long to do your dailies it can be very iritating!

I play on Shadowsong EU. If I wanted to raid seriously again, I'd probably find a different realm, like Madmonk did. But Icy Veins is taking too much of my time to allow that ;)

Bronze Dragonflight (EU) here. Knew of a friend who played on there so that was the choice! Medium sized realm thats heavily weighted on the alliance side. Not many great raiding guilds on there, but it's not a "bad" realm by any stretch.

Also another that plays on Bronze Dragonflight (EU) - purely because him above plays there ^

Glad we do play on there though because we've met some top people.

Have just started a character on Outland, so looking forward to getting a taste of a PvP realm

Originally I started playing WoW in the realm Borean Tundra (US), for a year until my friend said they needed heals for Firelands, and I decided to jump in by transferring to Lightning's Blade. Mishaps have occurred with our schedules, and eventually I got kicked out of the guild, so I went lone for the rest of this year, until I finally found a good guild and I started to raid more.

Even then, I still have my old guild's shield. :P

I play on Ghostlands - EU (Alliance), but my server history is somwhat... extensive. I originally started on Dragonblight - EU (Horde) in Vanilla, but moved to Laughing Skull at the start of TBC to start a Draenei. Following that, I quit - returning to play on Emeriss, transferring to Trollbane and then finally to where I am now to join an IRL friend.

I have to say that while I've played on better realms in terms of raiding, my current one is significantly more mature than average. The social guilds are reasonable raiders, too. Many people seem to think Ghostlands is going downhill, but since T11 we've seen a >100% increase in active raiding guilds .

I play on an RP realm. It's nice and sad at the same time. When an RP realm is just opened, it is heaven. RPers roll there, you can find random RP wherever you look, people respect the rules, etc. But after a while, it gets swamped with non-roleplayers who disprupt RP events, call RPers pathetic, etc. In the beginning, you fight such people. In a nice way of course! I've whispered many people very kindly, asking for respect, and it works well. The raiding guilds (at first) generally understand they are on a roleplaying server and will make their members adhere to the rules. And then, after a while, that all stops. Non roleplayers take over, and roleplay generally takes a nose-dive until it's only active in guilds.

I'm lucky since I run a successful roleplaying guild, but as a new player rolling on an RP realm, it must be disappointing. In EU, there's only one extremely successful RP realm and that is Argent Dawn, but I would never transfer off my current server. All other RP servers are kind of just trying to make the best of it. As am I. But well, after years of fighting I am guilty of being one of the roleplayers that has just given up and being content with the guild RP.

A PvP realm has always seemed kind of appealing to me to be honest, but sadly I don't have the time to play on more than one realm.

Before I ended up on Proudmoore, I used to play on Shattered Halls - US PVP.

PVP realms are cool if you like world PVP. I, on the other hand, got goddamned tired of trying to level my Undead whatever through Hillsbrad Foothills to get surprise attacked and ganked by whatever high level Alliance player was around to just grief anyone.

That is the main issue with PVP realms. Once you get outside of the city you are fair game to get pwned even if you're not looking for a fight.

I am, and always will be, on an RP server US Silver Hand. LOVE IT! Being on an RP server makes gameplay SO MUCH more fun. you can PvP when you CHOOSE by going to battlegrounds, or when the horde come to town or when YOU go to a horde town and start trouble.... makes it more engageing, and more like the real thing.

It also keeps you more interested in the lore of the game, which is what the game is all about. We dont actually RP IN GAME, but we DO have all of our members create a back story for all of their characters, which we will be putting up on a facebook page for the guild, and letting them progress their creative writing talents from there, adding to the stories of their toons, and intertwining the stories of each of the guild toons charachters together in fun and inventive ways to keep things fresh and fun!

It also makes for keeping things FUN! collecting pets and mounts and other sillly little grey items that would not otherwise mean a THING on other servers a challenge on our server, and something fun to do. We also do things, JUST BECAUSE . Ever done a naked raid on Org? Just Because? Ever Done an old school raid with ONLY NON combat pets out for EVERYONE? Ever done a Mounted conga line in stormwind on JUST wooly mammoths? Ever FILLED the Auction Hall with plants using lifegiving seed?

THOSE are the things we do....JUST BECAUSE they are FUN! On an RP server, we dont CARE about being FIRST, we dont CARE if we have the best raiders, we dont CARE if your guild is still sitting at #2, we dont CARE if your gear ilvl is still 300, ..... well, SOME do, but MOST of us dont..... RP really is the best way to go.... and ive been a regular on Silver Hand for 6 years, and an <Angels at Arms> for that long as well.......and wouldnt change it for anything.

Posted Image Rogue for life! *Vanish*

Edited by Nyxxiana

PVP realms are cool if you like world PVP. I, on the other hand, got goddamned tired of trying to level my Undead whatever through Hillsbrad Foothills to get surprise attacked and ganked by whatever high level Alliance player was around to just grief anyone.

That is the main issue with PVP realms. Once you get outside of the city you are fair game to get pwned even if you're not looking for a fight.

I've never had problems like this, I never come across high level enemies (Hordes) while leveling my characters. I encounter a few that have the same level as me and fighting them can be really fun and intense. Unless they're frost mages or rogues of course.

First realm = Maiev(US) then I transfer my main to another realm Thaurissan.

Maieve almost a dead realm. A bit hard for me to join guild raid because different timezone. Im playing while they sleeping, and I sleeping while they playing. So I change to Thaurissan around 3 months ago. I join my local guild call Lanun(Malaysian Guild) and having great moment with them.

1 person likes this

I've never had problems like this, I never come across high level enemies (Hordes) while leveling my characters. I encounter a few that have the same level as me and fighting them can be really fun and intense. Unless they're frost mages or rogues of course.

Maybe it was just the server I was on but both sides (alliance/horde) dreaded going into Hillsbrad while leveling. There was always some high level toon of the opposite faction to raise hell on some lowbie. I was always fine with some cocky hunter at my same level trying to get me while leveling but when the lvl 70 Paladin (the last time I leveled through that area was in BC before Cata hit) runs by and just Holy Shocks everything around him it gets annoying.

Like I said, it may have been my server and it just soured it completely for me because that server was full of jerkwads.

Ever done a Mounted conga line in stormwind on JUST wooly mammoths?

Yes. Except it was in Dalaran.

In Old Orgrimmar we used to mount on our mammoths and stack on the mailbox in front of the bank. You know, the only one that was even remotely close to anything? Yeah, good times.

Yes. Except it was in Dalaran.

In Old Orgrimmar we used to mount on our mammoths and stack on the mailbox in front of the bank. You know, the only one that was even remotely close to anything? Yeah, good times.

Awwww the ole mailbox trick. I hate you :P was always players who were rubbish at making gold and never had anything to pick up from the mail. Thank god for the new look Stormwind and the "quiet" bank in Dwarven district. Oh and engineering was always nice too for Mole-E

1 person likes this

Awwww the ole mailbox trick. I hate you Posted Image was always players who were rubbish at making gold and never had anything to pick up from the mail. Thank god for the new look Stormwind and the "quiet" bank in Dwarven district. Oh and engineering was always nice too for Mole-E

yeah, I love the redesign of both cities honestly. The best part was everyone who would stand around and scream about how they can't get to the mailbox when all you really had to to was just zoom your camera all the way in. Always drove them nuts when they'd yell about it and I'd just reply "I dont know. I can click on it fine. I'm looking at it right now"

Khaz'goroth - PVE - Horde

Joined this server when I started WoW because I didn't know I could change it... made heaps of friends and love <Mortal Wombats> so I won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Maybe it was just the server I was on but both sides (alliance/horde) dreaded going into Hillsbrad while leveling. There was always some high level toon of the opposite faction to raise hell on some lowbie. I was always fine with some cocky hunter at my same level trying to get me while leveling but when the lvl 70 Paladin (the last time I leveled through that area was in BC before Cata hit) runs by and just Holy Shocks everything around him it gets annoying.

Not now but in the good old days it was bedlam! Definately best avoided.

Shadowsong EU, Alliance, just like Damien.

I also have a max level character on Silvermoon EU, Alliance.

Shadowsong is pretty dead, but oh well, I don't do much in game nowadays anyway.

Shadowsong is pretty dead, but oh well, I don't do much in game nowadays anyway.

Is that pre-expansion syndrome? :)

Is that pre-expansion syndrome? Posted Image

I think its Icy Veins guide writing syndrome ;)

I think its Icy Veins guide writing syndrome Posted Image

Yeah, it's definitely Icy Veins guide writing syndrome. I played extensively and passionately at the end of Wrath of the Lich King. The staleness of the content never stopped me from leveling alts or grinding something on my main (Netherwing, for example). I didn't really get people who said they were bored in-game, when there is literally so much to do.

1 person likes this