FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Andefico

Fire Mage 25% Haste Cap: Why 2005 Haste Rating?

Hello again everyone,

After studying the guides here in detail and reading about Fire Mages on the internet, there is something I don't understand.

I imagine that you are using the formulas from Elitist Jerks to compute the haste values for the caps, see there: http://elitistjerks....#Haste_and_DoTs

If I follow the formula for calculating the 25% Haste cap (13 ticks of Combustion), I need to do:

tick_speed_required = (10 * 1) / (13 - 0.5) = 0.8
then

haste_percent = 1 / (0.8 + 0.0004999) = 1.249219253581752

So I need to reach 24.9219253581752% Haste to get to that cap (according to EJ formulas). After I remove Netherwind Presence and the 5% spell haste raid buff, I obtain

haste_from_haste_rating = 1.249219253581752 / 1.03 / 1.05 = 15.50802159794282%

As far as I understand, I get 1% spell haste whenever I stack 128.05716 Haste Rating (so they say on EJ), so this means 1985.9 or 1986 Haste Rating to reach 15.50802159794282% Haste. In this case, why does it say 2005 on EJ and everywhere else on the internet, including on the guide here on Icy Veins?

I hope you can help me

Edited by Andefico

I'm not quite sure but I do know that if you have two piece T13, you only need to get to 1505 haste cap due to the tier bonus.

The catch is, there are different soft haste plateaus that will give you an extra tick of combustion. Go for the lowest and if you can still hit the next one without sacrificing crit or hit then go for it.

That's an interesting question. The formulas they give on Elitist Jerks are correct, but there is one case that they do not properly mention.

Usually, when you compute tick_speed_required, you get something like 1.8345432 second and you need to only keep a precision of 3 digits, so 1.8345432 becomes 1.834; in the same vein, 1.8319999999 becomes 1.831 (and not 1.832). It's not a rounding operation.

If tick_speed_required is an exact value, like 1.125 or 0.8, you need to remove 0.001 before proceeding. Don't ask me why, it's just the way it is.

In the case of the 25% soft haste cap with Fire Mages, you need to do:

tick_speed_required = (10 * 1) / (13 - 0.5) = 0.8
0.8 is an exact value, so we remove 0.001 before moving on, which gives 0.799

haste_percent = 1 / (0.799 + 0.0004999) = 1.2507818950321319

haste_from_haste_rating = 1.2507818950321319 / 1.03 / 1.05 = 15.65250994286933%

To obtain 15.65250994286933% Haste from Haste Rating, you need 2005 (2004.4, to be precise) Haste Rating.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tomseno
      Raid/Class Spots Are Open To Any Applicant If The Player Is The Right Fit
      A guild formed with an ambition for progression and a love for M+ we decided to make the move from Silvermoon Alliance and form a guild to take our focus to the next level, Cutting Edge in 10.1 being the next step.
      We believe in building a guild by recruit players of a similar goal and mentality whether it be for raiding or for push score in Mythic plus. We value loyalty, honesty and a positive attitude towards setbacks. Communication skills are an absolute must.
      Raid Schedule
      Wednesday 20:30-23:00 Sunday 20:30-23:00
      Current Progression
      9/9HC 5/9M
      What are we looking for recruitment wise?
      We're currently open to recruiting DPS classes listed above, as we aim to solidify a stable 25-player roster. We're looking to provide competition to existing members and choose the best 25 players to proceed with for next tier.
      Contact Information:
      Discord; tomsen and lora1506
      Think you'd be a good fit?
      If you believe that you are a player that is looking to achieve the same goals as us then why not contact us and see if we can achieve our goals together!
    • By Aerlon
      Hello everyone,
      Last patch gave us 40% and 10% damage increase on ray of frost and glacial spike
      Does anyone know of these changes make them relevant ?
      Should frost mage play with these or one of these now ?
    • By aNamelessHenchman
      Hi Everyone,

Returning to D3 after an absence.
      Trying to figure out the best desired stat rolls for items as per the guides, have always struggled with this.
      Am deciding to play DH Shadow Impale build this season 25. For example:

The Compass Rose
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      So am I looking for a ring rolled with all these stats? Because most of the time it will roll with Dexterity. So wouldn't it be unlikely that I would find such a ring? 
      If I had one with say Dex,CHD,socket and Attack speed    -     should I reroll Dex into CHC? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of Ancients? (as the ancient would have possible higher Dex but not higher CHC)
      What if CHD was really low and Dex was really high? What if overall damage goes down because I re-roll Dex?
      I'm confused. Just trying to figure out how to decide between 2 items.
      EG: I have 2 Convention of Elements
      Priorities are:
      1. Socket
      2. Critical Hit Chance
      3. Critical Hit Damage
      4. Area Damage or Attack Speed
      Ring A (Ancient):                Ring B (non-Ancient):
      +618 Dexterity                     +473 Dexterity
      CHD : + 46% (rolled)            + 49% (rolled)
      CHC: + 4.5%                           +5.0%
      Socket                                     Socket
      The game shows no difference in damage but minus in toughness and recovery on Ring B (must be secondary stats)

Which Ring is better? (should I choose?)
      Thanks for any explanation of this. Especially @Deadset

• By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Mozaki OTK Mage guide.
    • By Reicha7
      So the stat priority page of the guide ranks haste much higher than strength but the consumables guide recommends the feast for strength even though the haste food offers more haste which should make it the better choice surely?
      Hoping someone more aware of the theorycrafting to clear that up for me.

This mainly applies for raiding by the way but if there is a different answer for M+ I am interested to know the answer there.