FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Unburdened

Check my aff dps

Hey guys, just wondering if you'd check out my logs for my Iron Juggernaut kill. Zagam helped me immensely learning to play demo last tier, soI know I can get some good feedback here.

I feel like I should be doing my damage, but I'm not seeing where I'm failing here. I used haunt 31 times out of 29 shadow trance procs with an uptime of 60%, and MG uptime of 45%.

Those numbers seem appropriate, but I might be wrong there. The biggest thing holding me back (I think) is my gear - 530 weapon, reg wush an breath.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Unburdened/simple

Is it my gear or is there something I need to change playstyle wise? I feel pretty confident in my play as affliction on most fights, but Iron Jug always feels like I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance!

I was bored so I looked them up, next time post your own logs please.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0uc47tnm7hu3i1eb/sum/damageDone/?s=4717&e=5065

Seven soul burns? Little high for such a short fight, I can't tell from logs but did you using it just to refresh dots? Unless you're trying to clip a really good snapshot it's normally better to hard cast the dots and use shards for haunt. 

Tbh you're DPS looks fine for your gear/progression. Looks like you forgot to tinker your gloves though, and you're 168 over hit cap. Both are fairly minor but if you're looking to min/max should fix it. Also imo you should drop to the lower haste cap, you're dropping a LOT of stats in to haste and leaving your mastery fairly low. But again, not a deal breaking change.

• Like 1

The soulburns are generally at the start of the fight and then to catch the end of a wush proc with something else like DS or legendary meta. I've taken to hard casting at the end of wush now which was tough to get used to.

I can't seem to drop below the hit cap and I'm gemming int/stam (though I should change that to mastery/stam...). I never think of the glove tinker so thanks for that.

I was testing going up to the 13737 breakpoint this week as it kept my mastery and haste relatively even when buffed. I'd love to hear more feedback on this, but it did seem to be a bit of a loss comparing to last last week's logs. I'll sim it, but hearing what everyone else has experienced is good too.

Unburdened, on 02 Oct 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

Derp, just forgot to include it! Thanks lucky for looking.

Thanks lucky for looking.

lucky for looking.

lucky

i-will-fucking-kill-you-in-your-sleep1.j

Edited by Lockybalboa
  • Like 1

LMFAO, my college roommate's dog's name was Lucky.  He ate my wallet because I worked at McDonald's and it smelled like a cheeseburger.  He also peed on me when I went to pet him.  Locky, your new name is LUCKY! 

HI LUCKYBALBOA

So I simmed myself and it came out with a reforge from haste to mastery being a ~2k dps loss and mastery to haste mostly equal. I think I'll stick at the 13737 breakpoint and dump into mastery from here.

PS - Please don't kill me in my sleep smile.png Thanks!

Most Affliction locks are shooting for the 9778 BP, then around ilvl 550ish making the change to 13737 BP. Relevant to gear ofcourse..

So I simmed myself and it came out with a reforge from haste to mastery being a ~2k dps loss and mastery to haste mostly equal. I think I'll stick at the 13737 breakpoint and dump into mastery from here.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3309-stat-reforges-simcraft-read-me/

• Like 2

You're simming for single-target fights. Not many of those exist. More mastery is never a bad idea (unless you're dipping below 9778 haste). 

Rabble rabble. I typed out a nice response then accidentally closed the tab.

Essence was that I was simming for single target fights specifically here. However, it's not much of a difference to matter single target and going 9778 and dumping mastery will net me better multi-target dps.

Either way, it sounds like doing less SB:SS will net me more dps.

i'm not sure i understand your statement..but more mastery will net you more dps on multi-target fights, since it increases your dots strengths. Haste is good for single target fights, where you're channeling MG and DS. If you cant channel on everyone, then mastery is your best best.