FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Stat Reforges & Simcraft *READ ME*

TONS of forum posts going up about stat reforges and Simcraft.  Everyone is making their own post making it difficult to keep up with everything.  Here's some TL;DR tips for Simcraft and Stat Reforges.

*IF SIMCRAFT SAYS IT'S TRUE, IT DOESNT NECESSARILY MEAN IT'S TRUE!

-Gahhda does some incredible work with our portion of Simcraft and he works his tail off to update the models, spell queues, priorities, reforges, etc.  However, if you're even a quarter versed in Simcraft and the options it presents, you'll realize your modeling pattern is very limited in that you can pick single target, helter skelter, high movement, low movement, etc.  You can't model Immerseus or Sha of Pride.  You can come moderately within reasonable distance, but you can't model the fight.  Your DPS will vary based on gear, strategy, group comp, and other people around you playing optimally.

*DESTRUCTION STAT PRIORITIES

-Quit asking if Crit is ok.  It is.  It's fine.  It's NOT BETTER THAN MASTERY!  For all those modeling things and saying 'hey, Crit has a higher number than Mastery!' I will have to refer you to the paragraph above this.  This goes back a ways, but even if Crit was 3.5 and Mastery was 3.4 for single target, choosing 10000 Crit over 10000 Mastery would gain you 1000 DPS FOR THAT GEAR SET UP ALONE!  When you change to all Crit, your stat weights will shift to make Mastery better than Crit.  So then you can go and reforge some into Crit and keep some Mastery until the stat weights are the same...or you can just CHOOSE MASTERY because it's a great choice for all situations including single target, multi-target, and Affliction.  The same goes with Haste...Destruction has a low Haste ceiling meaning too much Haste is wasted stats.  If you only play Destruction, you'll want to take Mastery then Crit, but you'll be gimping the hell out of yourself on fights such as Protectors and any fight that has lots of small movements such as Heroic Iron Juggernaut.  Destruction and Affliction each have their place...one is not king over the other overall.  They have situational optimal uses.

*ALL STAT PRIORITY QUESTIONS

-Unless you're pushing maximum DPS, your stat priorities should be the LEAST of your worries.  No matter what spec you're playing, gem and reforge into Mastery, pick a Haste threshold to take, and then put the rest of your stats somewhere.  Moving 2500 of one stat into another stat is not going to make you do 10k more DPS.  Using Haunt correctly, timing your Life Taps, using Chaos Bolt with trinket procs, and timing Metamorphosis use with big Intellect procs will boost your DPS MUCH more significantly.  It's rather lazy to come here and ask for stat suggestions when you're 2.5% over hit cap, 4.5% under hit cap, or gemming Intellect. 

• Like 4

It's rather lazy to come here and ask for stat suggestions when you're 2.5% over hit cap, 4.5% under hit cap, or gemming Intellect. 

ya, this.

Well I'm glad we finally got that out of the way. Now 3 pages later, someone will post "what's better - Mastery or Crit?"

Because lazy internet/cell phone users hate to read or type. I'll be glad when keyboards come w/o punctuation and Shift keys.

Edited by Caolela

Lol..every post I've made...( not many, but long time reader) has been from my phone..don't think I've actually been on the site from my comp. I raid lead my group so I do all my research on fights and my class from my droid haha. Also nice write up zagam. * tips hat*

If you're being serious, there's a place I'd like to tell you to go.

If you're not being serious, stack Spirit.

• Like 1

If you're being serious, there's a place I'd like to tell you to go.

If you're not being serious, stack Spirit.

Wtb the spirit advantage the hybrids have...Lots o' cloth goes to waste.

All kidding aside wasn't there a talent years ago where we could make spirit useful?

Oh and screw stacking spirit, stack expertise, because it will make you an expert!

Spirit used to be helpful because it gave you spell power based on spirit each time you used Life Tap that gave you a buff that lasted 40 seconds.  This was level 80 stuff...I remember gemming to get Spirit up to 600 for a solid SP buff.

There was a life tap glyph that used to take x% of spirit and convert it to spell power for x seconds....can't remember what percent..think it was something like 15% or 20%.

Oh and screw stacking spirit, stack expertise, because it will make you an expert!

Screw expertise, that could be seen as useful, stack parry! Moar Demo Tanks plx

Its always funny getting aggro on gara'jal and then getting banished to the tank realm as demo. Tankin like a boss!

Edited by Ilyenna

Wtb the spirit advantage the hybrids have...Lots o' cloth goes to waste.

Indeed, I just think we should have a little more mana regen from spirit or every 10 spirit = 1 SP for us.

Anything, just to make spirit not so useless.  =-(

Edited by JvChequer

Is it me or Simcraft doesn't properly calculate stats when using AMP trinkets? as in, the % increase is not added at all to any of the stats showing in the results.

My apologies if this was brought up before in one of the 2 zillion stat-weight or what-trinket-should-I-use threads wink.png

PS: spirit is for the weak and mages.

Edited by Wolland

Should be a pretty easy check to see if it's working.  Take the trinket off, look at your stats.  Put trinket back on, look at stats.  Run Simcraft.  Look at stats.  Compare.  Make conclusion.

Should be a pretty easy check to see if it's working.  Take the trinket off, look at your stats.  Put trinket back on, look at stats.  Run Simcraft.  Look at stats.  Compare.  Make conclusion.

renamed a battle pet in your honor as a way to say thank you ! rolleyes.gif fel flame - fire elemental rolleyes.gif

Edited by vldsb

I had already done that, that's how I realised something was ajar. I was trying to find out whether other people had seen anything similar.

With or without trinket2, my haste is 9229 on simcraft results (ver 3).

Edit: removed old gear profile testing info

Edited by Wolland

I just logged out of the game with PBI LFR equipped and imported that profile into Simcraft. The Haste/Mastery that simcraft is displaying do not match the in game values. MrRobot does display the same values as in game.

Edited by Wolland

"The same goes with Haste...Destruction has a low Haste ceiling meaning too much Haste is wasted stats"

I have ILvl 542 and have traditionally played Destro only so I have never really geared up for an Offspec.  After 5.4 I now need to alternate to Afflic and it is getting quite expensive reforging every Raid.

I set my Haste at 9784 (+23.04 Haste) and my Mastery sits at 10792 (+55.76 Mastery)  Crit is 16.78% and I am hit capped at 15.41%

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Runtius/advanced

Each time I re spec with AMR I end up having to change at least 8 gems and now the legendary as well.

Am I weighted currently towards Affliction and if so could I get more balance that would allow me to get away with only reforging rather than re gemming as well?

I hear fully what you say about "Concentrate on game play rather than stats"  I am doing that but I would like to know if my stats are at least balanced enough not to waste gold.

thank you in advance for your time.

On AMR there is an option to turn off the gems and to only set it to reforge. Do that.

For Aff you want 9778 haste, once you get that you want to dump the rest in to mastery. If you want to do it on the cheap, just keep the aff reforge and destro away. The dps change between the two wont be that much at all.

On AMR there is an option to turn off the gems and to only set it to reforge. Do that.

For Aff you want 9778 haste, once you get that you want to dump the rest in to mastery. If you want to do it on the cheap, just keep the aff reforge and destro away. The dps change between the two wont be that much at all.

If you're doing Aff/Destro, is there any reason not to make the leap up to 10,124 haste as a breakpoint?

If you're doing Aff/Destro, is there any reason not to make the leap up to 10,124 haste as a breakpoint?

Destro ticks are fairly worthless. Better to use the 400 stats in something useful.