FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oal25

Addon help

Ok so I'm a prot pally if that makes any difference

So I've been trying to get into a raiding guide for awhile now and while I'm looking I decided to study up on a lot of things mostly addons. My main question is what does weak auras do? Is it anything like debuff filter? (What I'm using currently)

Another question I have is what are some good addons that a tank needs?

I currently use:

DBM

Omen

Tidy plates (probably going to switch to threat plates)

Gtfo

Bartender

Just to name the tank oriented ones

Any others that would benefit me?

Thanks for the read!

I like the health frame set up, but my ui is ok as it is

I'm just curious about weak auras and other addons that some high end raiders might use

well, I'm not certain on the details, but I beleive weakauras does generally the same thing as TellMeWhen (Which I prefer)

what I know is that TellMeWhen (and according to alot of comments on various forums, weakauras does the same) allows you to create an icon that will appear on your screen when certain requirements are met.

Example given:

I have an icon that appears when my focus target (which should be the other tank in this case) has one of the various tank debuffs that requires a tankswitch.

The icon that appears will show up as soon as the offtank gets the debuff and it will also show the number of stacks.

You can also use it to make icons appear for Spell cooldowns, internal cooldowns (such as trinkets or talent procs), buffs/debuffs (like the tank one mentioned above), item usability, health conditions (Icons that show when you have a certain amount of health) mana conditions, energy/rage/runic power/focus conditions, and ALOT of other aspects.

One thing to note is that these icons are not clickable (I beleive it is possible but very limited in options), instead they will simply show up to remind you of certain things.

I have nearly no knowledge of the way WeakAuras works, but it should do the same.

If you decide to use TellMeWhen I will warn you it is a bit complicated to begin with, but as soon as you got a couple of icons made it becomes easy.

If you have any problems with TellMeWhen specifically, let me know since I do know alot about TMW.

I hope this has shed some light on the matter.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this