Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghuerilla

Reasonable Arms DPS?

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, just a little background first.

I joined in late Cata and throughout most of that expansion and early mop I had no idea what I was doing and pretty much sucked/never made any real progress. This patch, though (5.4) I've started raiding relatively casually for progression purposes, not really competitively. I'm 13/14 in SoO at the moment (have killed all but thok).

So, I'm not sure if I'm doing the DPS I should be doing at my ilvl. Here's a link to my armory (I have the 2-set and also the norushen trinket to replace the thok one on multi-target fights.) 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Ghuerilla/simple

On single target fights (like iron jug and malkorok), I manage to pull somewhere between 200k and 220k DPS on 10M normal. I've heard that arms is one of the worst dps specs right now but it still just doesn't feel right when I have a similarly geared hunter and boomkin in my raid group beating me by ~20-30k on single target fights every time. My question is, is my DPS as high as its going to get for my item level or do I have room to improve/should I respec for fury?

If you can post some logs from your raid, we can analyze your playstyle and see what could be done to improve. Without that, it's hard to say.

I wouldn't say the DPS is bad, per say. And being beaten by some classes by that small of a margin isn't somethig to be ashamed for really. I find it interesting though that you've managed to clear all but Thok. It shouldn't be too hard if you've managed the rest.

~200k seems a bit on the low side for your ilvlbut it may be because at the point you're at, fury would definitely give better results.

You probably have room to improve (everybody has smile.png ) but I would assume that mainly it's because Arms on single target is weaker than fury atm, especially past 530 ilvl.