Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Destro Fallen Protectors

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys

Hoping you can help me with the Fallen Protectors encounter as Destro in particular.

Log 1:

In this fight I had an ilevel of 545 and the other lock had about 528. I had PBI, LFR KTT and Horridon Weapons but was still schooled by the other lock. Saw the major difference in immo uptime.

Log 2:

In this log I have my current Armory.

My questions:

In order to achieve that 90%+ uptime on immo does it not come at the expense of casting incinerate? It feels as if I was casting immolate almost ALL the time, yet in the Log 2, I still have not reached half the amount of “hits” of immo as the other lock had in Log 1 (my best 33 vs his 63). Am I missing something or do you really have to casting immolate THAT much to get that 90% uptime?

With AD, how many times should I be casting DS in a 7 minute fight?

Are you guys using any UI setups to make casting immolate on multiple targets easier? I am currently using ForteXorcist which is alright, but I think casting it would be a lot easier if somewhere I could click on my screen to target the boss instead of tabbing thru targets to find the one I need to reapply immo to.

Any other advice

Thanx guys

Immolate takes priority over Incinerate always.  Period.  If a target exists, Immolate it at all costs.

AD gives one extra charge.  That means in a 7 minute fight, you could cast it 5 times total. 

Use any frame addon that shows their debuffs above their head.  Got Immolate?  Find another.  No Immolate?  Immolate it.

Yes you really do end up casting Immolate a lot on this fight.  It makes up a huge portion of your damage and provides you with invaluable Embers.  If your tanks keep a few of the Protectors close to each other you're also going to want to keep RoF down.

My RoF uptime the last time I did this as Destro was 37.5% and you're looking at around 19.7%.  That's a lot of lost Embers *assuming* your tanks have 2 of them near each other for a majority of the fight (which they should, at least Sun and He).

As for AD, you should be able to get 5 of them in for a 7 minute fight.  It should be available at the 0, 2, 4, and 6 minute marks, with an extra thrown in.

As for UI's, nothing special.  Standard unit frames from ElvUI and just practice getting the feel down for how long your Immolate lasts.

The biggest thing for you is making sure you line up Dark Soul with PBI.  At the opener, it can't really be helped too much unfortunately, unless you want to delay DS (which I don't recommend).  For the rest of the fight, however, it's beneficial to wait for your PBI to proc before hitting DS.  That ensures that you keep their CD's somewhat consistent.

I like to use TidyPlates Threat Plates to show whether or not my target has my DoTs (in this case Immolate) applied to it. It also shows the time remaining on the DoT which can be super helpful. If your concern is Immolate dropping off then I recommend Affdots, it's a great tool to help with tracking timers for DoTs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dlhak
      Hi, Does anyone of you know how much haste is enough for demon blades to proc properly ? I'm actually at 20% (crit 40% mast 20%) I can switch to 50% crit but I will have 6% haste. 
      There is now a debate whether the proc chance of demon blades during GCD is actually a buff or a nerf, if anyone could bring opinion on that too it would be great.
      thank you.
    • By stormcaster
      Union is an alliance guild on the PVE server Uldum, we are currently 4/7 mythic and looking to add 1 mage to our ranks. Union has been around since Vanilla and has had the same core of raiders for years. We pride ourselves on raiding just 10 hours per week and being able to maintain top 150 US throughout the last tiers of raiding. We raid:

Tuesday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
      Thursday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
      Sunday 7-11 EST (4-8 PST)

We are looking for a mage that not only parses high, but has good survival instincts and always comes prepared to each raid.

Hit me up in game: Stormcaster#1629
    • By Narii625
      ABOUT US
      We are a very social guild LFM for progression/semi-casual raiding and leveling. 
      When we say "semi-casual," we mean that we raid two days for three hours, can laugh about a wipe but are still serious about progression. We plan to do Normal raids (not for long) before going on to Heroic and Mythic.
      New players and all levels welcomed. We are VERY new player and new role friendly and have a few new players in the raid group already. We will work with you and get you trained up. So don't worry! 
      We do have some PvPers and an experienced RBG leader so PvP isn't out of the question.
      We're almost always on Discord and we joke around a lot. Some jokes aren't appropriate so keep that in mind. (Recommended 18+)
      Currently we are using the EPGP system ( The addon EPGP (DKP Reloaded), EPGP Lootmaster, DBM, and GTFO are required to be downloaded and kept up-to-date on raid nights.
      Fridays & Sundays 8pm - 11pm PST. (10pm - 1am Server Time.) NOTE: Flasks, foods, potions, and enchants will be provided for raiders on a first-come first-serve basis. People who contribute to the guild bank will also have preference. Guild repairs provided on raid nights. Trials will be provided with the aforementioned items if we can spare them after the main raiders. CURRENT PROGRESSION
      Emerald Nightmare, [7/7N] [3/7H] OTHER EVENTS
      Saturday is for Mythics/other events. Though we do stuff throughout the week. Most of us have work or school so it depends. We have an event coming up on 10/25 (Saturday) for the release of patch 7.1 Return to Karazhan! WHAT WE HAVE ROOM FOR**
      Shadow Priest Balance Druid Mage Elemental Shaman **In order of what we need the most!!
      If you are interested please fill out the application on our website!
      In-Game Name: Sylarii, ID: Narii#1891
    • By bigmacs
      <Tophat Standard>
         We are a somewhat newly formed raiding guild focused 
      on providing a home to the serious players of Emerald Dream that
      want to progress through all content but can only commit a limited amount of time to the game. The core members and leadership of the guild that returned for Legion have been playing games together for 7+ years and quite a few of us know each other in real life. 
         We come from a plethora of locations, careers, and video game experiences but our love for gaming at a higher level has bonded us together. Our first mission at hand is to establish a roster of 40-45 members which will allow our members to have a 'show up when you want' attendance policy. Our progression raid invite priority will be based on attendance percentage. To accomplish this we are sounding the 'Call to Arms' in search of just a few more skilled raiders to  finish off our roster.
         Raid times
      all raids are optional - Invite priority based on attendance percentage
      - Sunday: 9:00pm(ST)[W-PvP/Rated BGs/Arenas/Keystone-Mythics]
      - Monday:  9:00pm(ST)-12:00am(ST)[Clean up content]
      - Tuesday: 9:00pm(ST)-12:00am(ST)[Progression]
      - Wednesday: 9:00pm(ST)-12:00am(ST)[Progression]
      - Thursday:  9:00pm(ST)-12:00am(ST)[Progression]
      - Friday: [No Guild events]
      - Saturday: [No Guild events]
      What We Offer
      - Experienced leadership [Top 25 U.S. raiding during TBC & Wotlk/R1 Gladiators/World first in SWTOR & EQ.] 
      - Mature raiding environment [We DO NOT tolerate drama - We DO encourage mild intoxicants & Laughter.]
      - Casual raid schedule [You choose what days you can raid by accepting or declining guild calendar invites]
      - Progression [The #1 goal in all progression raids is to PROGRESS. When a wipe occurs we do not complain we identify the problem, then correct the issue immediately.]
      - Fair loot system [Personal loot for Heroic ~ MS>OS free roll for Mythic.]
      What We Require
      [ul]- 18+ years old [We play the game for fun, not to babysit or censor our conversations.]
      - Raiding Experience [If you stand in fire we do not want you!]
      - Class knowledge & Comprehension [Know your class & spec - Perform YOUR job in raids.]
      - Late night EST playtimes [Ability to attend at least one raid every week to be considered for core raider rank.] 
      - Thick skin & Personality [We want people who can take a joke and fire one right back otherwise, raiding would be boring.] 
      - Character upkeep [Gems/Enchants/Flask/Food/Attunements/Relic slots/Pre-quest/Item level]
      - Microphone & Headset [Communication is paramount to success in PvE & PvP]
      - Curse voice [This is the main voice program we will use for PvE & PvP Push-to-talk required][/ul]
      Current Progression
      'Glory of the Legion Hero'
      7/7 - Normal
      7/7 - Heroic
      1/7 - Mythic
      Current Recruitment Needs
      - Tanks - Low [Prot Warrior(With DPS offset)]
      - Melee DPS - Medium [Warrior/Feral/Rogue/Ret/WW]
      - Ranged DPS - Medium [SP/Warlock/Hunter/Boomkin/ELE]
      - Healers - Low [H-Priest/MW-Monk]
      Recruitment Process
      - Short application on our website.
      - Short interview via Curse voice.
      - Two week trial period. [Extensions if needed]
      - Promotion to Core-Raider or Demotion to Social. 
      If you have any questions or would like to join <Tophat Standard> please contact any of the following officers in-game or via Curse Voice.
      - Bigmacs [Healing Officer] CV = Khemist757
      - Oghmann [Ranged Dps Officer] CV = araleus
      - Armoredpope [Tank Officer] CV = timegogo
      - Numptey [Melee Dps Officer] CV = Numptey13
      - illyih [Website/Raid Admin Officer] CV = Oz821
    • By Greendexter
      <Should be Studying> is a 3-day raiding guild on Mal’Ganis US. We’ve been raiding as a group for years, starting in the Firelands. We’re currently looking for more raiders to bolster our roster as we head into Mythic EN.
      We are a guild that is concerned with making meaningful progression, but even more concerned with having fun and maintaining a low-pressure atmosphere. We don’t consider ourselves guildies or simply a raid group, we are all friends here. We respect each other while pushing everyone to get better individually as a player.
      We’re an adult guild, with most members being in their mid 20’s-30’s. Additionally, we are an international raid team. We have players from the US, Brazil, Turkey, and Australia. Don’t worry though, everyone speaks English! :)
      Current Progression: 7/7H EN
      Raid Times: Tue/Wed/Sun 7:30-10:30 CST (8:30 EST)
      We are looking for primarily ranged DPS at this time. All exceptional applicants are encouraged to contact us, but we are pretty full-up on melee, tanks, and healers!
      Specific class needs currently include:
      MM Hunter
      Shadow Priest
      Ele Shaman
      Mage (Lower Priority)
      If you’re interested in applying or just want to talk to us, please visit You’ll need to register for the site before you can view the forums.
      Alternatively, feel free to add Dexter#1725 or Vyndir#1769 if you have any questions.
      Thanks for reading!