Frontright

Destro Fallen Protectors

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys

Hoping you can help me with the Fallen Protectors encounter as Destro in particular.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Frontright/simple

Log 1: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/15thbq4zsvyfr7yf/

In this fight I had an ilevel of 545 and the other lock had about 528. I had PBI, LFR KTT and Horridon Weapons but was still schooled by the other lock. Saw the major difference in immo uptime.

Log 2: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sa8edbparmtwrbrm/

In this log I have my current Armory.

My questions:

In order to achieve that 90%+ uptime on immo does it not come at the expense of casting incinerate? It feels as if I was casting immolate almost ALL the time, yet in the Log 2, I still have not reached half the amount of “hits” of immo as the other lock had in Log 1 (my best 33 vs his 63). Am I missing something or do you really have to casting immolate THAT much to get that 90% uptime?

With AD, how many times should I be casting DS in a 7 minute fight?

Are you guys using any UI setups to make casting immolate on multiple targets easier? I am currently using ForteXorcist which is alright, but I think casting it would be a lot easier if somewhere I could click on my screen to target the boss instead of tabbing thru targets to find the one I need to reapply immo to.

Any other advice

Thanx guys

Immolate takes priority over Incinerate always.  Period.  If a target exists, Immolate it at all costs.

AD gives one extra charge.  That means in a 7 minute fight, you could cast it 5 times total. 

Use any frame addon that shows their debuffs above their head.  Got Immolate?  Find another.  No Immolate?  Immolate it.

Yes you really do end up casting Immolate a lot on this fight.  It makes up a huge portion of your damage and provides you with invaluable Embers.  If your tanks keep a few of the Protectors close to each other you're also going to want to keep RoF down.

My RoF uptime the last time I did this as Destro was 37.5% and you're looking at around 19.7%.  That's a lot of lost Embers *assuming* your tanks have 2 of them near each other for a majority of the fight (which they should, at least Sun and He).

As for AD, you should be able to get 5 of them in for a 7 minute fight.  It should be available at the 0, 2, 4, and 6 minute marks, with an extra thrown in.

As for UI's, nothing special.  Standard unit frames from ElvUI and just practice getting the feel down for how long your Immolate lasts.

The biggest thing for you is making sure you line up Dark Soul with PBI.  At the opener, it can't really be helped too much unfortunately, unless you want to delay DS (which I don't recommend).  For the rest of the fight, however, it's beneficial to wait for your PBI to proc before hitting DS.  That ensures that you keep their CD's somewhat consistent.

I like to use TidyPlates Threat Plates to show whether or not my target has my DoTs (in this case Immolate) applied to it. It also shows the time remaining on the DoT which can be super helpful. If your concern is Immolate dropping off then I recommend Affdots, it's a great tool to help with tracking timers for DoTs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Narii625

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!

SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: 11/11H, 11/11N
      LOOT STYLE: EPGP DKP Reloaded (http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/EPGP)
      CURRENTLY ACCEPTING (940+ ilvl)
      All DPS! (Healing offspec preferable but not required) ABOUT US
      940+ ilvl to trial immediately, but we accept others.
      We are looking for skilled and laid back DPS and a Healer for Heroic and eventually Mythic Antorus.
      We're semi-casual in terms of time we spend raiding but serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      We're a close-knit guild that hangs out in Discord a lot, joking, playing alts, Mythic+, other games or just hanging out. Fun guild events happen monthly!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other. (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)

Fill out our Guild Application! (Click link) 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299, Discord ID: LadyPluu#4473
      Guild Recruitment Officer
      Booty Pirates Website
    • By reddfoxx146
      Strangely Ironic is guild of friends and family that has been around the block a couple times. We are trying to recruit active players to form a raid team. Due to RL and the age of the game our ranks have dwindled. We are a casual guild looking to raid two nights a week from 9pm EST to 11pm EST; days of the week will change as I work shift work. If you want to join and don't want to raid we are still accepting all applicants as we want to foster an active community.
      No hot-heads please, as we are a guild who recognizes that this is just a game and we are all here to have fun and relax.
      If you are interested add reddfoxx#1496 or head to strangelyironic.enjin.com to fill out an application.
    • By Ahdra2154
      We're a guild looking for people who want to have a great time, hang out with each other, laugh and have fun while killing stuff in raids! 

Guild Name: RaidCat
      Faction: Alliance
      Realm (EU): Silvermoon
      Realm Type: PVE
      Realm Timezone: CEST
      Progression: 8/11 HC Antorus
      Raid Times: 19:30st - 22:00st
      Raid Schedule: Friday and Monday (additional raids on Wednesday for alts, mythic etc)
      Openings: Range DPS (help us knock those melee off the top of the meters!)

We raid twice a week in the evenings with optional extra runs appearing as requested. 
      Currently we also raid on Wednesdays (normal) to help gear up mains and alts.
      As our raid roster increases and  heroic progress continues Wednesday evening will likely become a mythic progression night. However mythic is not our end goal or focus, but rather something we try to make extra time for. Social members also welcome!

Looking for: Range DPS (warlock, mage, hunter, shadow priest, hunter) Other applications considered.

We do everything from Transmog runs, PVP, Mythic+ and whatever else you can think of, with our main focus on raiding.

We are aiming for a relaxed yet skilled raiding environment where people can fill in for each other, not having to worry about always attending since people can fill in for you, focusing on having fun and improving ourselves with each kill.

We do care about people following tactics and knowing what they're doing (so do your homework or ask for help!) so we may actually get some stuff done as well, that's why we're looking mainly for experienced raiders that want a more flexible environment (if you are new to raiding you are still welcome)

We use Discord and you are welcome to join and hang out before deciding to move over.

Officers: Maxilloss & Ahdra#2154
    • By Whatelse
      Hello my Demonhunter Fellows! :)
      I´m one of those Demon Hunter Players, that is still playing with T20 Set. But i look forward to switch to my T21 "sweet" Demonic Build soon.
      So here´s my question: Theres pretty much an even opinion pool of people saying i should play with Raddon's Cascading Eyes + Anger of the Half-Giants and people saying Delusions of Grandeur + Anger of the Half-Giants ... I think both have a good effect with the new Demonic Build but which is better? Due to the fact, that these are 2 Set piece slots it would be nice to know which is BiS.

• By Swaro
      Hello everyone,

i changed class from Priest a few weeks ago, and i really like the Fire playstyle overall, even if i know that frost is performing better ATM.
      However, everytime i see the logs of my Raid Leader at the end of the raid, i see that i'm in the lowest percentile for Fire Mages equipped as me in ILVL values. For that reason, i decided to start a post in the Forum: this situation is stressing me out during raid, and i don't know how to solve it.
      Here is the link to my armory, as well as to the last week fight (as well as an older one)
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/it-it/character/nemesis/swari
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WxYcrVtp2F78HafN/
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K6kpD3ACFnWyhQbM/
      The problems i know i currently have are;
      Not using Firestarter: i'll start using it in the next raid. From what i understood, i simply  play in the first 10% life of the boss as if i have Combustion on, and activate it at the end; Having a crappy combination of Legendaries (Kil'Jaeden and Pyrotext). My other alternatives ATM are Prydaz, Insigna and Soul. It is possible that just from the crappy Legendaries i result in a crappy DPS? Overall, comparing to my guildmates, i have a decent DPS, but i think that with my gear i should perform better, isn't it?

Please let me know if you need anything else in order to give me advices

Thanks in advance, see you around