FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Soobs62

Macros

Hey one and all...im having troubles with mouse-over macros...its not working...can someone give me any idea as to why...any help will be greatly appreciated Posted Image

• #showtooltip Heal
  • /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][]Heal

I use something like -

#showtooltip Greater Heal

/cast [target=mouseover,help][help][target=player] Greater Heal

which works a treat for me.

Hi Soobs,

I use :

#showtooltip Renew

/cast [target=mouseover,exists][] Renew

Seems to be working for me. But I know these can be a hassle to setup at first. ;)

Good luck.

Let us know how it works out

Hey one and all...im having troubles with mouse-over macros...its not working...can someone give me any idea as to why...any help will be greatly appreciated Posted Image

• #showtooltip Heal
  • /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][]Heal

I think you might need to add a space between [] and Heal. Does that solve the problem?

Hey...no its still doesnt work...i must be doing something terribly wrong or my addons might be stopping it...i will keep trying..thanx for the replies tho Posted ImagePosted Image

Hey...no its still doesnt work...i must be doing something terribly wrong or my addons might be stopping it...i will keep trying..thanx for the replies tho Posted ImagePosted Image

Is there an error message that displays when you use the macro? Or does it simply do nothing? Any detail you will be able to provide will help.

Also, there are different "cases" of mouseover. You can mouseover in raid frames, you can mouseover a target directly, or you can mouseover the target's portrait, if you have selected it. Have you tried all cases? If an addon is causing the problem, it will most usually only block mouseover in raid frames.

Hey...it does nothing...ive tried just mouse over..tried target then mouseover and in raid...i do have other macros that work its just the mouse over ones...i don't get any warnings that anything is wrong...i have done it once before ages ago and it did work...ie the shield...but this one stumps me...just one thing do you or do you not actually put #show tooltip into the actual macro...thanx Posted Image

If you do not use #showtooltip, it will not show a tooltip.

If you use #showtooltip, then it will show the tooltip of the first spell you cast in the macro.

If you use #showtooltip X, then it will show you the tooltip of spell X, regardless of what spells you cast in the macro.

Back to your problem. Be assured that I won't rest until we have found the cause of it. Can you disable all your addons and try to see if the macro works? Also, you need to make sure that what you are trying to use on your action bar is indeed the macro. Once I had a similar issue as yours and it turned out that I had put a spell with the same icon as my macro on my action bar. Finally, could you please make a screenshot of the macro window, with the macro open, and post it here?

All this talk about mouseover macros, do they really make that much of a difference?

Im still a clicker myself (using grid) - I find it still makes me "feel" like Im more engaged rather than just mouse overs. I did try them once a long time ago but didnt really seem to suit me.

I dont think I suffer too much as Im always changing my targets within the GCD time, or should I give it another go?

Personally, I love it :)

It's basically a way to avoid useless information, as well as save me some clicks. It's especially good with instant spells, such as renew, since you often want to spread it, but rarely want to cast more than that spell, before changing targets.

I think it's a preferance thing, more than anything else though.

Mouseover macros allow me some extra utility that I don't think clicking for aiming does. I personally use a macro like

#showtooltip Flash of Light/use 13/cast [target=mouseover,exists,nodead][] Flash of Light

Sometimes modified to hide the error messages.

This sort of macro allows me to have eg the tank as target and cast heals on him and when others need healing I simply move my cursor over the player that needs healing and can continue afterwards healing the tank without having to find his unitframe again or do 2+ clicks.

When I play on my laptop mouseover macros makes healing much easier with the trackpad than having to click each time too :P..

This sort of macro allows me to have eg the tank as target and cast heals on him and when others need healing I simply move my cursor over the player that needs healing and can continue afterwards healing the tank without having to find his unitframe again or do 2+ clicks.

Rightttt for some reason I assumed it would auto change your target - doh! If I'm honest that would help quite alot even if its just for a few spells (not that I tank heal much but means I could hover over a few other targets a little more)

This is the blog post that was given to me by one of the healers in my guild about a year ago, it got me into the mouseover macros and I'm never going back. (blog post)

A quote from the post that might help you with your problem, (almost) all my mouseover macros are set up like this:

#showtooltip

/cast [target=mouseover,help] Lifebloom; [help] Lifebloom; Lifebloom

As per Keeva’s explanation, this macro means:

“If I have a mouseover target, cast Lifebloom on them

If I don't have a mouseover target but I have a normal target, cast Lifebloom on them

if I don't have a mouseover target or normal target, cast Lifebloom on me.”

Cheers for the blog Madmonk pass on my thanks to your guildy :D!

Think I will use these last few weeks of Cata to really get into them then.

hey hey ,

i cant seem to get this macro to work:

/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][] Leap of Faith

i didn't copy it but wrote it, cos the copy gave a square that wasn't visisble in the macro tekst.

but wat do i excactly have to do ? i see the image that belongs with the spell, but if i hover over my target nothing happens.

Thanks a lot :-)

hey hey ,

i didn't copy it but wrote it, cos the copy gave a square that wasn't visisble in the macro tekst.

but wat do i excactly have to do ? i see the image that belongs with the spell, but if i hover over my target nothing happens.

You need to add a space between /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Leap of Faith Like so

hey hey ,

You have to hover your mouse over the target and then press the keybind.

Do however keep in mind that the macro won't work if you bind it to a mousekey (like mouse 4, mouse 5 or any other) and target a unitframe. The reason for this is that when clicking any of those mousekeys while hovering over a unitframe, will make WoW think you want to select the unitframe and the macro won't be executed.

You need to add a space between /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Leap of Faith Like so

This is also very true.

The macro I use looks like this:

#showtooltip

/cast [target=mouseover,help] leap of faith; [help] leap of faith; leap of faith

Although I don't actually use it a lot. For leap of faith I normally just click the target and then press the normal-non macroed spell.

aha thanks a lot, must be the space..

i dont use it often, but sometimes it can save, and then i have troubles clicking on the target en find the keybind, with this macro it saves me to target the char in trouble , That seems for me the bonus, and thats why i wanted to give it a try :-)

Greetings Ina

• Like 1

Here is a "template" for healing macros using mouseover. What it does, basically:

1. Heals you, as long as you push "alt".

2. Heals your mouseover target, as long as it is an ally and he/she is not dead.

3. Heals your current target, as long as it is an ally and he/she is not dead.

3. Heals your current target's target, as long as it is an ally and he/she is not dead.

#showtooltip/cast [@player,mod:alt][@mouseover,nodead,help][@target,nodead,help][@targettarget,nodead,help][] HEAL
Hope it helps, regards.