Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carsten

Simcraft's stat weights

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone !

With our stat weights depending on our gear I wanted to check out how close haste and crit were.

SC kind of shocked me with the following stat weights :

Crit : 2,9232

Mastery: 1,9852

Haste : 1.6447

I did 50000 iterations with a 450 sec Patchwerk fight.

Then I reforged as the stat weights told me and did another SC with the same options, obtaining :

Crit : 2,8957

Mastery : 2,0057

Haste : 1,5687

I never heard about fire mages preferring mastery over haste, so I want to ask you guys if I should follow these stat weights or go with the traditional crit>haste>mastery ?

If you have the Tier 13 4-piece bonus, it could be explained by the fact that you get to cast Combustion a lot more frequently, thus increasing the amount of damage you do with DoTs, and in turn, increasing the benefits you get from your Mastery.

I understand that, though all high end raiding mages have the 4T13 and they still avoid mastery as much as possible.

Do you think I should reforge to mastery or haste after crit ?

I think you should go for Critical Strike Rating and then for Haste Rating. There has to be something wrong with the simulation results.

Had to keep myself occupied while I was waiting for the Olympic Torch :P

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Archimage
      Wanted to share this:

• By Archimage
      Macros for mage talents in 7.1 just putting it out there:   Frost: /use [talent:1/1] Ray of Frost; [talent:1/2] Lonely Winter; [talent:1/3] Bone Chilling
      /use [talent:2/1] Shimmer; [talent:2/2] Cauterize; [talent:2/3] Cold Snap
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Ice Nova; [talent:4/2] Frozen Touch; [talent:4/3] Splitting Ice
      /use [talent:5/1] Ice Floes; [talent:5/2] Ring of Frost; [talent:5/3] Ice Ward
      /use [talent:6/1] Frost Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Artic Gale
      /use [talent:7/1] Thermal Void; [talent:7/2] Glacial Spike; [talent:7/3] Comet Storm   Fire: /use [talent:1/1] Pyromaniac; [talent:1/2] Conflagration; [talent:1/3] Firestarter
      /use [talent:3/1] Mirror Image; [talent:3/2] Rune of Power; [talent:3/3] Incanter's Flow
      /use [talent:4/1] Blast Wave; [talent:4/2] Flame ON; [talent:4/3] Controlled Burn
      /use [talent:6/1] Living Bomb; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Flame Patch
      /use [talent:7/1] Kindling; [talent:7/2] Cinderstorm; [talent:7/3] Meteor   Arcane: /use [talent:1/1] Arcane Familiar; [talent:1/2] Presence of Mind; [talent:1/3] Words of Power
      /use [talent:4/1] Supernova; [talent:4/2] Charged Up; [talent:4/3] Resonance
      /use [talent:6/1] Nether Tempest; [talent:6/2] Unstable Magic; [talent:6/3] Erosion
      /use [talent:7/1] Overpowered; [talent:7/2] Quickening; [talent:7/3] Arcane Orb     General Focus Macros: /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Polymorph
      /cast [@focus, exists, nodead][] Counterspell
    • By dyppe
      Hey guys. 
      I do know which stats enhancement should go for, but i'm finding it hard to find any clues on what the stat percentages should be? I've also heard that enhancement need to alot of mastery, but how much? 
      Like some classes has to so stack haste at a certain point and so on, but what are the most optimal stat percentages for enhancement?
      I'm asking because i think i might lack mastery and that i have too much crit. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Dyppekogeren/simple
    • By Antipater
      Hey all, 
      Been simming my char and im being directed massively towards vers and crit now, after hitting around 21% haste. SC is showing my haste to be worth close to zero now ive hit that point. 
      Im simming around 330k and outdoing this a good bit, which is ok. 
      Ive recently got BiS legendary in the cloak, and not sure if i trust the SC weights anymore. 
      Im leaning to going pure haste > crit > verse > mastery, regardless of the weights in SC. 
      Anyone any advice or tips around this?
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Antipater/advanced - My Armoury
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Ionyxz/advanced - Highest DPS ranked ret pala. For stat comparisons. 

Cheers,
      Anti

• By Treew
      Hello friends..  I Just want to be the best Fistweaver period.  But this art is harder than mistweaving and i cant find a real base to start with..  I know as Fistweaver i relly on keeping hots up.  But what is better for that mission?? Haste for Quick tics and low cast time? Versatility for more dps+raw heal?  Crit?? Mastery?? Please give me numbers..  How much %of haste..  Crit,  versa..  Etc should i have.  
      And what parts of my gear should i replace D; 

http://us.battle.net/wow/es/character/quelthalas/Alef/simple
      Stats for Fistweaving. 
      Stat1>stat2>stat3>stat4. 
      Stat 1 %  cap
      Stat 2 %  cap
      Gear we need.  And where to Get it.  
      Simple  rotation or priority ideas. 

Thanks in advance to all!!! :D