Topic Details

Druid Heals

14 replies to this topic Started by Bahbaheegah, Aug 02 2012 09:13 PM healing percentages raid healing raid healer
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

Bahbaheegah
  • Bahbaheegah
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
I've recently started raid healing. I'm usually assigned as the raid healer. The other two healers are each assigned the tank and the off-tank. At the end of each session there is concern from raid members that my healing percentage is not as great or greater than the tank/off-tank healers. Often the DPS are geared very well and do not seem to require a lot of healing. My main question is, should I expect my healing percentage like that calcualted on Recount be as high as a tank healer. The raid group is assuming the problem is that I don't know how to heal correctly and do not have the correct rotation. So far, unless a DPS gets one-shotted, I am keeping them all alive. I'm looking forward to other raid healer opinions.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

lmendonca
  • lmendonca
  • Worker
  • LocationBrazil
If the other 2 healers are only on the tank and never on the raid than your hps is low because the raid is tanking low damage. But if the others healers are healing the raid too then your hps is low because this. But my advice for u is. Keep Lifebloom on the tank . And use Wild Growth on cd if more than 3 or 4 people are below 100% life. And try to read http://www.icy-veins...abilities#sec-3 helped me a lot know how the spells and talents work And good luck.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

Amajed
  • Amajed
  • Worker
your group seem to be having an issue about assigning roles, I mean srsly a healer for each tank and one for the rest of the raid? what kind of raid do u guys play anyway ? maybe something I've never played and must be played like the way you guys playing it ?

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

Vlad
  • Vlad
  • Administrator
  • LocationRennes, France
I'd just like to point out that comparing HPS like that is kind of useless (from your raid/raid leaders). Firstly, if no one is dying and everyone's health is stable, then you are doing your job (most likely). Secondly, HPS is useful, but it's not the ultimate measure of healing skill. As others have pointed out in the thread, two possible reasons for low HPS are low damage intake by your assigned targets or "extra" healing done by players assigned to other roles. So, unless your raid is being strained by the fact that you are not doing any healing and the other healers need to compensate by healing everyone, I don't think you have a problem.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

Fatbearirl
  • Fatbearirl
  • Peasant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
All the advice above is correct. As a RDruid raiding in Cata, you want to be keeping three stacks of Lifebloom on the MT at all times regardless of whether you're assigned to raid healing or tank healing. Your group is assigning roles incorrectly. I'm assuming you're running DS, which can be two healed most of the time anyway with no need to split up your healers responsibilities. And HPS really doesn't matter as long as you're keeping everyone up, and you're not oom'ing yourself halfway through the encounter.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV

I'd just like to point out that comparing HPS like that is kind of useless (from your raid/raid leaders).

Firstly, if no one is dying and everyone's health is stable, then you are doing your job (most likely).

Secondly, HPS is useful, but it's not the ultimate measure of healing skill. As others have pointed out in the thread, two possible reasons for low HPS are low damage intake by your assigned targets or "extra" healing done by players assigned to other roles.

So, unless your raid is being strained by the fact that you are not doing any healing and the other healers need to compensate by healing everyone, I don't think you have a problem.

Vlad couldn't be more on it here. If no one is dying, what in the world are your 'raid leaders' doing saying anything? Are your other two healers complaining that they're out of mana and having to pick up your slack? Or are your HPS numbers just lower because everything is nerfed and doesn't require the throughput anymore? If they're saying your numbers are low and no one is dying, suggest 2 healing and adding a DPS. Anyone who complains about healing when no one dies is just like the morons who don't vote and then complain about politics...just a bunch of baseless complaining.

Raid Leader of <Semi Respectable> - US-Mal'Ganis, 14/14H

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/icyveinszagam

Gear, Parses, and Achievements - WoW-Heroes Profile & Rankings

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Just to re-iterate what everyone else has been saying. You cant compare HPS - DPS it just doesnt work that way. If anything it sounds like you are now overhealing encounters so much that you could possibly switch down to 2 healers for certain fights. If you are "farming" bosses then generally any healing assignments we have or have had go out of the window and our healers just react to damage as a whole. I have never been one to structure healing roles apart from possible cooldown usage etc. It sounds to me that your raid leader maybe doesnt understand healing / hasnt healed before.

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

Mork
  • Mork
  • Farmer
- Grab Recount - Open window - Throw out Recount - Close window

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

Bahbaheegah
  • Bahbaheegah
  • Vagrant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
thank you all for the helpful information. the other healers do not seem to run out of mana, but they run a healing meter like many do for dps and apparently expect a certain percentage on that meter. my frustration because of the low meter numbers for me when nobody died in the fight was the reason for my original post. i didn't want to think that i was doing okay and they were over-reacting without some other input. again, thank you all.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

Peelyon
  • Peelyon
  • LocationEngland
Stuff like this annoy me, yes there will always be a competitive part of the game but I've never really known it for healers, just dps. Yes a little bit of "recount banter" is fine but actually breaking it down so much seems such a pointless thing to do. Hope you manage to work it all out but your other healers / raid leader seem to be unreasonable. Do you have an off spec that can dps? Suggest they try 2healing and see if anything changes, if people sart dying they might appreciate you more ;)

@peterlyon85 peelyon#2117

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Alierya
  • Alierya
  • Immortal
  • LocationScotland
The healer-per tank thing does seem rather like overkill... and if they then have much greater healing than you is it because the tanks are made of paper? Again you can only heal when people take damage, so as the others have suggested I'd go with asking if you can 2 heal most fights, possibly pop a third in for spine, though it's not really needed at the moment. I'm not sure what the other healers are doing but if it was me and I was stuck healing one tank all the time thats not taking that much damage I would probably through a few on the raid... so it may also be due to them healing what you should be - not cause they need to - but because they are bored.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Fatbearirl
  • Fatbearirl
  • Peasant
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
tbh, this makes no sense. How can healers who are assigned to heal a single tank put up higher HPS numbers than a healer who is healing eight DPS... the other healers are most likely also raid healing.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

Krazyito
  • Krazyito
  • The Kraziest of Itos
  • LocationBroward, Florida
I never really understood "Healing assignments" in a raid. More so in 10 man. I feel it is the responsibility of any and all healers in the raid to keep everyone alive and react to any situation. In 10 man, you have 2-3 healers. CD's can be easily coordinated in your speech program, and if anything unexpected happens, I would expect all healers to react to it as quick as they can to keep the raid/tank alive. In 25 man (Which I raid in normally) you can have 5-6 healers. Here it makes a bit more sense to assign 1 or 2 "tank healers" and the rest to the raid, but honestly, tanks are taking high damage at a scripted time and duration. You can have one person "watch over them", and they can focus on them more during those times, but honestly any good healer would be already healing them just as much if the rest of the raid is stable. Over-all as a healer, if you are intentionally not healing specific players because it is "Not your job" or "you were not assigned to it" then IMO you fail as a healer and should learn to adapt more to keep the whole raid alive. If you are ONLY healing a specific target/tank for the whole fight because "it is your assignment" they you are also doing it wrong and should tunnel vision less. Sorry to the OP for this mini-rant, I'm not saying you are doing any of these things specifically, but to me, healing assignments should be understood by having a synergy with your other healers and knowing how they heal and what they do. All healers should be "raid healing" to a point and only defer to specific targets if EVERYONE in the raid is taking random spiky damage that cannot be caught up with just normal AoE healing. Lastly, back to specific resto druid info: Yes, Keep LB on a tank at all times, refresh it with nourish for the most part and if you see him taking more damage and the raid is well off, don't be afraid to throw in one or 2 healing touches to help stabilize him.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

MadMonk
  • MadMonk
  • The Mad Monk
  • LocationBelgium

I never really understood "Healing assignments" in a raid. More so in 10 man. I feel it is the responsibility of any and all healers in the raid to keep everyone alive and react to any situation.

In 10 man, you ...

I completely agree with what krazyito says. I would however like to add that in some circumstances following a set assignment is a must. On fights like Chimaeron and Yor'sahj the Unsleeping some healing assignments might be set and not following them could very much cause a wipe.

Other than that I just heal everything but don't waste mana if I don't have to.
Healer for Life!

Monk healer MadMonk - Warcry - EU Auchindoun

My opinion does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the owners or writers of the icy-veins website/guides.

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Krazyito
  • Krazyito
  • The Kraziest of Itos
  • LocationBroward, Florida

On fights like Chimaeron and Yor'sahj the Unsleeping some healing assignments might be set and not following them could very much cause a wipe.

That is situational and I disregarded it because the encounter calls for that to specifically happen. I of course agree with that and apologize for being so general.

Active Users

0 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users