FORUMS

The guide and Profiles to import are updated for Legion (Vuhdo v.3.83).

Patch 7.1.5 update:

1. A new sorting order was added for healers like me who always drives a RL nuts sorting the groups as Tanks>Melee>Ranged>Healers. Now we have it build-in, enjoy! (in-deep explanation in 'Panels' part)

2. A new Spell Trace tracking was added. Now you can see who exactly received healing from Chain Heal, HW: Sanctify, PW: Radiance, Trail of Light, etc. (in-deep explanation in 'General' part)

Patch 7.1 update: 

Retrieval of unit facing and position in instances was disabled by Blizzard. That breaks AOE Advice, Clusters and out-of-range direction arrow - do not try to use them.

Default custom debuffs will now always be added by spell ID - please consider a complete reset of your custom debuff settings.  This can be done under 'VuhDo Options > Tools > Reset > Buffs/HoTs > Custom Debuffs' but beware you will loose all previous custom debuff settings!

Table of Contents:

VUHDO CONFIGURATION

VuhDo is raid frame replacement that is specifically built for high level raid healing. All your healing spells or any other actions can be asserted to mouse clicks or mouseovers on those bars (Click-Heal).

VuhDo is great for displaying all the raid information you need as a healer - Health Bars, Mana Bars, Debuffs, Range, Incoming Heals, Aggro, HoTs, Absorb Shields, Status Effects, Player Tags (afk, disconnected, dead).

In addition:

• You can heal, dispel, target, assist or focus raid members with just one click.
  • You can bind any usable item, command or macro to mouse clicks.
  • You can assign up to 40 mouse click combinations to cast on raid members.
  • You can assign any keys to cast when mouse over.
  • You can automatically fire your trinkets and instant casts whenever cooldown is over.
  • You can automatically resurrect players out of combat.
  • You can easily keep track of all your and raid buffs / debuffs.
  • You can rebuff automatically choosing the most suitable spell and target.
  • You can smart buff your raid automatically selecting missing buffs.

Okay, let’s talk about configuration now.

Here's a 'starting' cluster you get when first installing the addon:

1a.png

STARTING OUT: 

If you are configuring the addon for the first time, the easiest and fastest way to start would be to go to the ‘TOOLS’--> ‘Panel Wizard’ and to tick there the panels you want to have in your VuhDo:

1. Click on addon icon near the minimap.
  2. Click on ‘Tools’ tab
  3. Click on 'Panel Wizard'.

It would be nice to have ‘Groups’ and ‘Main Tanks’ panels from the beginning.

You can add the 'NPCs' panel if you have to heal NPCs during encounters. It wasn't needed in Legion so far, but Blizzard always add this kind of fight at least once in almost every expansion.

2a.png

Let's now try to add an additional panel ‘Target’ that doesn't appear in the Wizard.

MOVE!  

1. Click on ‘Move!’ tab
  2. Click on ‘+’ in ‘Add New Panel.’
  3. Click on ‘+’ on the new transparent panel that appears.
  4. Click on ‘Choose’ in the modified panel. 
  5. Now you’ll get two downdrop menus: ‘Type’ and ‘Value.’
  6. You can choose the ‘Type’ of panel you want - in our case it’s ‘Special’ for Targets (players and NPCs).
  7. In the ‘Value’ downdrop menu choose the ‘Target’

Many nice things to play with -  you can add a menu for Pets, Vehicles, Focus, different raid roles, etc..!

3a.png

You can build Raid frames manually if you don’t want to use the Panel Wizard: just choose in the ‘Type’ of panel the ‘Group’ type. Click the ‘+’ button on the first panel that you created to add an additional 5 man groups to it. Voila, Panel 1 becomes your 10-40 man raid frames (every ‘+’ will add a 5 man group to the frame). Click the same ‘+’ button once more to add another group, etc. You have to use the same Panel for the Raid Groups so they will move together as one object.

4a.png

Now check “20”, hold the button “Test” and you will see a virtual raid. It is a very useful feature for checking the results of your frames tuning.

5a.png

GENERAL  

6a.png

1. Go to the ‘General’ tab.
  2. Tick ‘Main Tanks’ and ‘5 man MTs’, so VuhDo will automatically move Tanks to the ‘Tank’ panel.

*You don’t have to do this or add the ‘Main Tanks’ panel if you don’t want to see the tanks in a separate panel from the raid

Pay attention to the 'Lock Panels': it allows you to prevent VuhDo frames accidental movement in different situations.

INDICATORS (more options for tracking):  

You can play with a loads of possibilities here. I personally use 4 of them:

- Inner frame for the Paladin Beacon 

- Threat Marks to track the current aggro target (very useful if you want to know when the tanks are swapping)

- Threat Bar for the build-in bouquet 'Tank Cooldowns extd' (allows you to know when tanks are using their personals and thus to plan your external CDs)

- Mana Bar: there's a great option here - Mana (Healers only). I find it useful to know the state of healers mana during a raid fight. And the good thing is that with this option you wouldn't see dps mana users but only the healers.

Clicking on ‘More...’ button near every tracker allows you to change size and color of the icon, 'Edit' button will open the corresponding build-in bouquet.

7a.png

SPELL TRACE  

Spell trace tracks which units are hit when a particular spell is cast. Very useful for tracking healing from 'smart' like Prayer of Healing, PW: Radiance, Chain Heal, Trail of Light, etc. You can use a build-in Spell Trace bouquet or create your personal one. If you choose to add other spells to track, add them by name (e.g. Healing Rain, Wellspring, Efflorescence), not by Spell ID, otherwise it wouldn't work.

Enable the ability here:

8a.png

and choose where to show tracked spells in HoT icons tab:

4.png

SPELLS  

Here you can bind you spells, commands or macros to any button of your mouse and keyboard.

9a.png

1. Go to Spells→ Mouse→ Modifier Key → None. You will have some default spells there already - just change them to what you need.
  2. Open up your spellbook and drag your primary healing spells to the ‘Mouse Key’ Left and Right Buttons and to the ‘Mouse Wheel’ Up and Down sections. Note that the Mouse Wheel section will only work when it’s mouseovering your VuhDo frames. If you scroll outside of the frames, you will zoom in and out of the screen.
  3. You can assign more spells / commands / macros to Modifier Key → Shift, Modifier Key → Ctrl and so on.
  4. All your mouseover macros will work perfectly with VuhDo frames

PANELS  

1. In the ‘Panels’ tab, you can change the groups Alignment to Horizontal. In my opinion it’s easier to move the mouse in the left-right directions rather than up and down.
  2. Choose ‘Grouped’ and ‘Hide Empty’ in Ordering, if you prefer to always see the 'real' groups in the raid.
  3. Leave ‘Sort by...’ with ‘Unit ID’ if your choice is to see raid as actual groups.
  4. There is another option for sorting: Tank => MDPS => RDPS => Healer. It's great if you like to always know which part of the raid takes damage. If you choose this option, you have to change the ordering to Loose. It technically works for Grouped ordering too: the difference is that when you are 'Grouped', the sort method is applied for each group, not across all groups.

10a.png

Do not forget to press ‘Apply All’ to apply your changes to all the groups (and not just to the current one)

1. In the ‘Panels’ tab, click on the ‘Sizing’ option on the right hand side.
  2. For Bar Height, choose something like 37-40 to make the bars taller. Spacing and gaps as you like.

cTAaKp7.jpg

BARS  

1. On the ‘Panels’ tab, select the ‘Bars’ option on the right hand side.
  2. Decrease the Mana bar height to 3 - you really don’t need it any bigger than this.

You can play around with the rest of the options here.

o5StoJf.jpg

HEADERS  

1. On the ‘Panels’ tab, click on the ‘Headers’ option on the right hand side.
  2. Tick ‘Show’ on Headers if you want to see panels names (Group 1, Group 2, target, etc.).
  3. Untick ‘Class Color’ on Header Text if it was ticked by default.

TEXT  

1. On the ‘Panels’ tab, click on the ‘Text’ option on the right hand side.
  2. Tick ‘Class Col.’ on Bar Text so you will see player’s nickname in his class color.
  3. Hitpoints → Show → Percent.
  4. Show Text → Name & Flags (untick ‘class’ and ‘pet owner’ if it was ticked by default.

You can play around with the rest of the options (text size, color, position) here.

HOT ICONS  

1. In the ‘Panels’ tab, click on the ‘HoT Icons’ option on the right hand side.
  2. In the ‘Own HoTs’ section, choose one of 2 masters that shows where your HoTs will appear and use the buttons below to view your HoTs as ‘Icons’ and ‘Text.’
  3. In the ‘HoT Order’ section, you can assign any of your or other players HoTs, Absorbs, Shields, Procs, personal and Raid CDs to any of the 7 spots shown in the ‘Own HoTs’ diagram.

Theoretically you can write a custom bouquet that will change a HoT to show depending on your talent choice.

As you can see, for Lifebloom and Cenarion Ward I chose to track both 'Own' and 'Others'. It's because we have 2 resto druids in raid and I don't want our tank HoTs to overlap. You though can untick the 'Others' if it's not an issue in your raid group or you are building a 5-man profile.

11a.png

Another nice option here is to change the HoT icons size.

Click on the button “More” from the right side of HoTs positioning masters and adjust.

PLERJOF.jpg

BOUQUETS  

Bouquets are custom groups of Buffs / Debuffs / HoTs / CDs that could be created by a player himself.

Let’s create a custom bouquet for example for tracking of Tank personal CDs in your raid where the tanks are Warrior and Paladin.

VX0fJoi.jpg

1. Go to General→ Bouquets. Type a name for a new Bouquet and press ‘New’
  2. Press ‘Add’ button it the Bouquet Details part
  3. Type a spell name in the ‘...or enter Buff / Debuff / HoT name’ line
  4. In ‘Select default icon’ dropdown menu always chose ‘None / Default’, otherwise you wouldn't see the appropriate icon.
  5. Add all the spells you would like to track in your ‘My tanks’ bouquet.
  6. There will be situations when you’ll have multiple CDs or HoTs that were popped simultaneously to track. Because all the spell icons from one bouquet are shown in the same place, you should use the Priority Arrows to assign the importance of every one of them (e.g. the highest priority will be shown first).

g3oFxKJ.jpg

Another possibility to work with bouquets is just to edit the defaults.

For example, we can chose a default ‘Raid Cooldowns’ bouquet and remove, add or change priority of CDs based on our raid composition.

vi3KE0s.jpg

After creating or editing a bouquet you can use it in the HoT icons assignments.

3ONo0W2.jpg

BUFFS  

As you've may have noticed, VuhDo has a separate Buff frame as part of the package. Personally, I don’t believe there is any need for VuhDo to show your buffs. I use WeakAuras to trace my mandatory buffs (on myself and others) and you should have something similar. So, I advise that you go to the ‘Buffs’ tab → General → Uncheck ‘Enable.’ If you want to play with it later - feel free to do so.

DEBUFFS  

Extremely useful in raids. You can see most of the debuffs by default in your healing frames, but sometimes the addon is not updated yet for a new raid zone or the authors wouldn’t add some debuff that you want to trace. In this section you can add or remove any debuff / buff / proc that is applicable to a player.

e9OGx11.jpg

1. Go to Debuffs→ Custom
  2. Type buff / debuff  Spell ID in the line (you can find Spell ID on Wowhead in the address line. For example: “http://www.wowhead.com/spell=642/divine-shield”- Spell ID for the Divine Shield is 642). Now it will appear in the (de)Buff list.
  3. Tick the appropriate positions if you want to see stacks or timers for the debuff. Tick 'Bar Color' if you want to see a specific debuff in some different from the default color and pick the color from palette.
  4. Click ‘Save’

Do not click ‘Apply all’ or you’ll rewrite the defaults of all the debuffs.

If you want to remove some buff / debuff / proc from the list, choose it from the dropdown menu and click ‘Delete’.

There is an option for a complete reset of your custom debuff settings.  This can be done under 'VuhDo Options > Tools > Reset > Buffs/HoTs > Custom Debuffs' but beware you will loose all the debuff settings you customized.

PROFILES  

If you ever wanted to save your VuhDo configuration for more than one character / spec / raid size / encounter type or to share what you have with other VuhDo users, this is the place for you.

Saving profiles for different specs / characters:

Go to VuhDo Options->Tools Tab->Profiles.

12a.png

On the left side in 'Profiles' part you will see a line '...or enter profile name'. It will be empty if this is your first configuration or with some name already typed in if you are adding a profile. Change it to a name that will make you remember what exactly you are saving here. I normally use a character name with encounter type or a character name with a group size, but if you are going to store profiles for different specs, it may be a good idea to mention a spec too.

I stopped on profile naming in such a details because the default name is a bit weird - it's just made of a chain of nicknames for every toon you ever saved this profile for, so after having 2-4 toons in the chain it almost impossible to understand what exactly is stored there.

Type a new name for your profile and press 'Save' Button. Do not confuse 'Save' with 'Apply' or you will cancel all the changes you made.

After saving a profile, you can choose in the central part of the Tab the activation type: by group size and / or by spec. You will be able to choose it only after profile is saved, so don't be surprised if you are not able to check anything there.

If you want to make this profile a default for all the new characters on the account, check 'Default Profile' button.

Loading and deleting a profile:

If you don't want VuhDo to activate profiles for you automatically or you want to load some specific profile for a new toon, go to the 'Select a profile' dropdown menu, choose whatever you need from there and hit 'Apply'.

To delete a profile, choose it from the same dropdown menu and hit 'Delete'.

Use 'Export' and 'Import' buttons if you want to share your VuhDo profiles with the community or import a profile you liked.   

Settings:

Two useful buttons: 'Quiet mode' allows you to get rid of Confirmation Dialog spam, 'Lock' prevents an accidental overwriting of a profile.

Key Layouts:  

An important note: Spell assignments are not saved in Profiles. To manage your Spell and HoTs assignments you should go to Tools->Key Layouts:

13a.png

Export and share profiles:

You can export selected features, share or receive profiles from other VuhDo users that are online in game (friends/guildies/people you are in group with).

To be able to receive a profile you have to go to 'Tools->Share->Receive Data' and tick 'Enable'.

To share a profile you should click on a button 'Share' in the 'Send Profile' area. A new window will pop up: a dropdown menu with a line where you can type specific player's name and server. The dropdown menu will show your online guildies and people you are in group / raid with (disregarding of them having or not having VuhDo).

vE7INiK.jpg

Here you can check my VuhDo profiles

I have to say that there are loads of options that I didn’t speak about here. But I tried to keep it short and basic.

I always can answer any of your questions about VuhDo or you can continue to dig it by yourselves. smile.png

• Like 5

This is an awesome post.  Thank you so much for the detailed setup guide!

I had been lamenting the fact that all the good ones we had were woefully out of date.  I'm going to link to this from the main VuhDo project page on Curse.

Please PM me on Curse if you are interested in helping out with more documentation / video guides.  I'm also thinking of running a contest soon to design the new VuhDo default profile setup.  The current default clearly needs to be replaced.

Hey Pandacho,

I was busy on Shadowlord Iskar and i would love my right click to cast eye of anzy (extraactionbutton1).
Could you tell me how i can bind it to my right click? probably with a macro but im not sure what to put in the macro to make it work with vuhdo.

And another question, Is it possible to bind spells to keyboardbuttons? I just can't get use mouseclicks for it =)

Hey Pandacho,

I was busy on Shadowlord Iskar and i would love my right click to cast eye of anzy (extraactionbutton1).

Could you tell me how i can bind it to my right click? probably with a macro but im not sure what to put in the macro to make it work with vuhdo.

And another question, Is it possible to bind spells to keyboardbuttons? I just can't get use mouseclicks for it =)

1. Create a standard macro like: 

/click ExtraActionButton1

and write its name (for example 'Eye') into VuhDo->Spells tab->Mouse Key->Right button.

VuhDo knows to attribute WoW macros. Do not give your macros same names of existing spells - it creates an internal conflict.

2. Go Spells tab->Keys local (if you want these keyboard buttons assigned only for healing frames) or Keys global (if you want same button being assigned for same work in VuhDo and other custom frames), type Spell / macro / unit name in the <New Binding> line, mouse click on the 'Not Bound' button and press the keyboard button you want to assign.

Press 'Add' button if you want to assign more.

LCDMuJQ.jpg

Now you can use your keyboard buttons mouseovering on frames, no need to click.

A bit of more explanation about the difference between 'Keys local' and 'Keys global':

- When you chose 'Keys local' for your keyboard binds, you can have two actions being bind to the same button.

For example, when I mouseover on VuhDo frames and press 'H', I cast 'Earth Shield' on the person in frames. When I press same 'H' but my mouse is outside of VuhDo frames, I cast 'Gift of the Naaru' (with /cast [@mouseover] Gift of the Naaru) on myself or any other mouse target.

- When you chose 'Keys global' for your keyboard binds, you will have a button assigned for an action inside and outside of VuhDo frames. For example: assigning 'H' for casting of 'Earth Shield' in 'Keys global' will cast the spell every time when targeting a person in healing frames, in raid frames (ElvUI for example) or just when pointing this person on screen.

Thx exactly (and more) what i was looking for <3

Keybindings work perfectly. Guess I'll find out at the next iskar fight if the macro is working ;)

Just wanted to throw in my own vuhdo configuration. 

ZbQDLWY.png

If anyone is interested to make it look similar let me know and I'll post it.

Just wanted to throw in my own vuhdo configuration. 

If anyone is interested to make it look similar let me know and I'll post it.

I am interested to look at it if you don't mind smile.png

Going to completely rebuild my UI in the next couple of weeks because it's still too much based on 10-man raiding layout. So I definitely could use some fresh PoV.

Ah, I didn't explain myself properly. I'm actually interested in your HoT icons choice and layout and custom Bouquets that you use. And whether you are using different layouts for raiding and 5-man (CMs for example).

I use the same layout regardless of raid size, and the only bouquet i use is is Tank cooldowns extd, which i add my own defensive buffs that I want to track (basically every healer CD with a buff or single target CD)

I use the Role Icon Bouquet becasue when I was running LFR I got tired of not knowing who the tanks were because they don't put the tanks in group 1 or 2 where they belong.

As for HoT icons:

Ns7ZIOu.png

here is a recent HFC stream of mine: 

http://www.twitch.tv/krazyito65/v/6579850

Cool, will watch the stream after the work!

Any particular reason for not using Special DoT for Role Icon? Just curious because I'm considering to move it to the middle too instead of AoE advice that has no use in WoD.

zMs01Wv.png

screenshot of my vuhdo raidframes.

@pandacho the right click vuhdo setting the special action button isn't working for me.

I got a macro called "Action" that says "/click ExtraActionButton1" 

In the Vuhdo setting i set my right click to "Action". While it acknowledged it being a macro it didn't do anything for me on the Iskar fight.

Any idea how to fix it?

@pandacho the right click vuhdo setting the special action button isn't working for me.

I got a macro called "Action" that says "/click ExtraActionButton1" 

In the Vuhdo setting i set my right click to "Action". While it acknowledged it being a macro it didn't do anything for me on the Iskar fight.

Any idea how to fix it?

1. Try to change the macro name to a neutral one like 'Eye' or 'Iskar', never use 'reserved' names like action, macro, spell, etc.

2. Try this:

/target [@mouseover]

/targetlasttarget

I can't look into it right now because I'm at work, but will try and check in the evening.

PS: any specific reason not to use Iskar Assist? It does all the left / right click pass to / dispel things.

1. Try to change the macro name to a neutral one like 'Eye' or 'Iskar', never use 'reserved' names like action, macro, spell, etc.

2. Try this:

/target [@mouseover]

/targetlasttarget

I can't look into it right now because I'm at work, but will try and check in the evening.

PS: any specific reason not to use Iskar Assist? It does all the left / right click pass to / dispel things.

I use this macro with vuhdo and it works well.  Its a little bit finicky because you have to make sure to drag the macro into the slot every time you change it, but it works. (I have it on ctrl + middle click)

Also, I don't like Iskar assist as a healer becasue it just gives you a whole new set of raid frames which makes me move around my screen to click.  I can see debuffs just fine on my frames, no need to clutter the rest of my screen with redundant information.

Hey Pandacho, thanks for this awesome post!  I've been meaning to give resto a whirl on my Shaman. :)

Can you share the details of your "Absorbs" and "Tank Cooldowns" bouquets?

Thanks!

Can you share the details of your "Absorbs" and "Tank Cooldowns" bouquets?

Sure!

For "Absorbs" I use "Counter: All Shield Absorb #k" Special Event.

For "Tanks Cooldowns" I added personal damage mitigation CDs from classes we have in the raid.

I the order of priority from high to low:

Pain Suppression, Hand of Sacrifice, Ironbark, Vigilance - highest prio

Hand of Protection, Handy of Purity - second prio

Shield Barrier, Sield Block, Enraged Regeneration, Guardian of Ancient Kings, Ardent Defender, Divine Protection, Divine shield - third prio.

If you are a Resto Shaman and want to track separately Riptides from standard cast and 4-p T18 bonus, this is the way:

In HoT Icons --> HoT Order write down two Riptide IDs in Slot lines - don't do bouquets, just write plain numbers: for one slot: 61295 (standard Riptide), for another: 185875 (bonus Riptide)
You don't have to chose anything from dropdown menu - just type the IDs.

xv04D84.jpg

Hi there, Thank you for the postings on Vuhdo! I realm transferred on my priest and I noticed two things occur - all healers are showing on the bottom of the panels horizontally and I cannot get healers to go along the top anymore and secondly tanks are no longer going in the main tank special panel.

I have created a special panel just for healers and it is not listing them that way, I have made sure to test horizontal, not horizontal, I have "you first" checked and I am still on bottom.

What's the method to have healers horizontal on top for groups? 

What's the method to have healers horizontal on top for groups? 

You should sort groups by 'Healer=>Tank=>DD' like this:

6gvBWnj.jpg

To create a special panel for healers only you should go to Move! > Add New Panel  > Type: Special > Value: ranged-Healer 

• Like 1

Ok so something is wrong, vuhdo is updated. Tanks are not showing up in their tank spot in 5-15 man groups, I have the extra panel selected for special > main tanks and they keep showing up in the panel 2 raid frames. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also my healer group keeps appearing at the bottom, not the top.

Edited by gonlaz

Ok so something is wrong, vuhdo is updated. Tanks are not showing up in their tank spot in 5-15 man groups, I have the extra panel selected for special > main tanks and they keep showing up in the panel 2 raid frames. Has this happened to anyone else?

Also my healer group keeps appearing at the bottom, not the top.

Are you saving your VuhDo profiles after configuring? Loading the saved 'right one' is the easiest and fastest way to avoid reconfiguring after updates, disconnects or wrong changes being done.

There is another possibility - you can share your VuhDo profile or ask somebody to share with you online in game. To do so, you will have first to enable 'Receive Data' in Tools->Share

WSCDC0R.jpg

If your tanks keep showing in group frames in addition to extra panel, check that you enabled 'Main Tanks' and '5 man MTs' in General->General->Filter.

• Like 1